ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#401 » by kg01 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:20 pm

Carter can't carry this kind of value. Can't stay healthy and is average when he is healthy.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,908

Post#402 » by jayu70 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:14 pm

An injury prone big who even when healthy hasnt shown much and is slated for RFA next season doesn't have lottery value even in a weak draft.
He is worth a pick in the range of what we got for Taurean Prince.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#403 » by Spud2nique » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:23 pm

jayu70 wrote:An injury prone big who even when healthy hasnt shown much and is slated for RFA next season doesn't have lottery value even in a weak draft.
He is worth a pick in the range of what we got for Taurean Prince.

Ah what do you know, you didn’t wanna trade Bembry and Len for Jaylen Brown. :lol: Oops! :roll:

I’m the captain now. :wink:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#404 » by Spud2nique » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:27 pm

kg01 wrote:Carter can't carry this kind of value. Can't stay healthy and is average when he is healthy.

If we came away with Wendell alone from the 2018 draft I’d be pissed. We didn’t. We got Trae. Trae gives us the ability to plug in players who don’t necessarily have to be superstars but rather guys who know what they are doing and know how to do them well. Wendell has been injured a bit and that seems like a concern. But to me, when I look at his build, I feel like he has a kind of body that can stay injury free moving forward as opposed to a big like Embiid. If we go in on Embiid, we get a bigger name at a higher cost, if we go for Wendell, we give up a 4-8 pick in a weaker type of draft.
kg01
General Manager

Post#405 » by kg01 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:32 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:Carter can't carry this kind of value. Can't stay healthy and is average when he is healthy.

If we came away with Wendell alone from the 2018 draft I’d be pissed. We didn’t. We got Trae. Trae gives us the ability to plug in players who don’t necessarily have to be superstars but rather guys who know what they are doing and know how to do them well. Wendell has been injured a bit and that seems like a concern. But to me, when I look at his build, I feel like he has a kind of body that can stay injury free moving forward as opposed to a big like Embiid. If we go in on Embiid, we get a bigger name at a higher cost, if we go for Wendell, we give up a 4-8 pick in a weaker type of draft.

You're right in theory. Problem is I never saw much in Carter when he was at his best. A couple injury-riddled years have only lessened my outlook for him.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#406 » by Spud2nique » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:49 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

You're right in theory. Problem is I never saw much in Carter when he was at his best. A couple injury-riddled years have only lessened my outlook for him.

KAT year wasn’t horrible at 11.3/9.4 in under 30 minutes almost a double double. Just looking to get more solid muscle and people who know what they are doing around an intelligent dude like Trae. I dunno about his 3% stretch of the court though but if we have Collins launching maybe they could flip flop roles in this generation they call position-less ball. It’s time for the playoffs for another 10 straight years and a few rings along the way hopefully, or a couple, ok gimme 1, just 1 and I won’t ask for more. :lol: :lol:
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#407 » by King Ken » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:45 am

If a Giannis rental is available, I would consider JC, Kevin, and our 1st rounder 2020.

Not trading the rookie wings at any cost for a rental. Too hard to find and I like the idea of Cam and Hunter with Trae and Giannis.

I wonder what the market would be for a Giannis rental in general. Any trade is a rental, it's not like an AD to LAL thing and no one wants to have a rental without a chance to resign that player so that will severely limit the value of MIL's offers. Maybe we can get him but we would be a fool to trade our wings for any rental.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Post#408 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:35 am

76ers appear to be melting down. I imagine there will be huge changes on their roster next season.

Read on Twitter

If you had one player to choose from their team, who would it be?

And are you willing to give up for him?

I honestly think we have a chance at either of Embiid or Simmons. The starting cost is easily going to be John Collins and our 2020 1st rounder.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#409 » by jayu70 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:46 am

Jamaaliver wrote:76ers appear to be melting down. I imagine there will be huge changes on their roster next season.

Read on Twitter

I honestly think we have a chance at either of Embiid or Simmons. The starting cost is easily going to be John Collins and our 2020 1st rounder.

Don't you think they'd change their coach before trading Simmons or Embiid.

Realistically, I'd take Josh Richardson - Philly will be looking to reduce salary.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#410 » by Spud2nique » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:28 am

Jamaaliver wrote:76ers appear to be melting down. I imagine there will be huge changes on their roster next season.

Read on Twitter

If I absolutely had to, I guess Embiid but I dunno, I don’t like Simmons either.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Post#411 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:15 pm

jayu70 wrote:Don't you think they'd change their coach before trading Simmons or Embiid.

I think Brett Brown is a goner at this point. And rightfully so. But it's clear they need a young perimeter player to pair with one of their big men. I anticipate them pursuing CJ McCollum, Brad Beal, Fred Van Vleet.

We could help facilitate that move, but we'll need to be compensated.

This is what we've been collecting assets for -- I want Simmons as our PF. But I'd welcome Embiid as our starting Center instead.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#412 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:49 pm

I really wonder what kinda package we could realistically put together for Simmons. I know Collins would be the centerpiece of it but what/who else?
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#413 » by saloonyk8 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Any way to get a good deal for Embiid without giving up Collins?

Hunter/Huerter/This year's pick?

Probably not:

How about Pick/Huerter/Collins
Commit to the process
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,024

Post#414 » by tbhawksfan1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:47 pm

I think that some of my fellow Hawks fans have a tendancy to get impatient and hasten the rebuild at the cost of flatening the peak.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#415 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:29 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I think that some of my fellow Hawks fans have a tendancy to get impatient and hasten the rebuild at the cost of flatening the peak.

Like the Magic did... trade the youth away for vets and now they’re capped at an 8th seed with no cap space and a **** roster.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
kg01
General Manager

Post#416 » by kg01 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:52 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I think that some of my fellow Hawks fans have a tendancy to get impatient and hasten the rebuild at the cost of flatening the peak.

I agree with your premise. However, I think pursuing Embiid/Simmons don't fall in that category. Doing something like trading for Beal or Hield or (ugh) Lavine. Those represent moves that'd c(r)ap us out.

I think Embiid or Simmons (used properly and not as a pg) would put us on an ascending slope.

That said, I think it's clear PHI's next move is to change coaches so, absent a trade demand, I don't see either being available.

Another 'thing' I'm curiously following is the Davis (LAL) situation. I don't see him being available either but you never know. If LAL flames out, he'll get all the blame. Maybe doesn't want to be James' latest Kevin Love? Not likely but you never know.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#417 » by King Ken » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:32 am

Yeah, not interested in any trade of our core 5 even for a superstar. We are looking to add quality to Capela and our 6th overall pick is the goal for any trades. So McDermott for free or something like that
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#418 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 pm

This was true 1-2 year ago. Now we need to look at the cap. There's two ways to get a star, trade or FA.

We have max space this year and maybe next year. This year outside of Brandon Ingram or AD there's not really anyone else that would fit our team. Neither is going to come to Atlanta.

How are we going to get another top 20 player next to Trae? With this year's number 6 pick? I doubt we'll be in the lottery again. We need to make a trade or we'll end up like the pacers.
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#419 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:28 pm

I'm of the opinion you need 3 top 20 players to win a championship. Right now AT BEST we have 2 with Collins unlikely to be in top 20, but maybe you could argue it.

Therefore we need to draft an elite player or trade for one
Commit to the process
jayu70
RealGM

Post#420 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:10 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:I'm of the opinion you need 3 top 20 players to win a championship. Right now AT BEST we have 2 with Collins unlikely to be in top 20, but maybe you could argue it.

Therefore we need to draft an elite player or trade for one

Unfortunately, there is no standout in this draft class. The way I see it, only trading for Giannis would put us in IMMEDIATE contender status.

Return to Atlanta Hawks