Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 905

Re: Prospect Thread: LaMelo Ball 

Post#2 » by MugzZo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:56 am

I am 100% excited that is is our worst case scenario. I would excited to see this guy in a hornets uni. He might have the most upside in the draft.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:59 am

I don't get the hype at all... He supposed to be terrible defensively and has a terrible shot. He better be an elite playmaker or interior scorer to make up for that. Someone enlighten me, please.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,169

Post#4 » by SWedd523 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:01 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:I don't get the hype at all... He supposed to be terrible defensively and has a terrible shot. He better be an elite playmaker or interior scorer to make up for that. Someone enlighten me, please.

The hype train is real

Please, please don't draft this kid

Which means they will

Which sucks
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#5 » by 316Hornets » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:05 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:I don't get the hype at all... He supposed to be terrible defensively and has a terrible shot. He better be an elite playmaker or interior scorer to make up for that. Someone enlighten me, please.

He is a freakish athlete that has elite level passing ability. You can view his highlights, some of his passes and ability to spot open shooters resemble the greats.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#6 » by SWedd523 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:11 am

316Hornets wrote:

He is a freakish athlete that has elite level passing ability. You can view his highlights, some of his passes and ability to spot open shooters resemble the greats.

Did you just say Ball is a freak athlete?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#7 » by BigSlam » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 am

I read he handled himself really well in Australia.

Was really humble, pretty mature (for his age) worked hard, super polite kid, good teammate etc.

Still do not want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by 316Hornets » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:27 am

SWedd523 wrote:
316Hornets wrote:

Did you just say Ball is a freak athlete?

6 7 pg
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#9 » by SWedd523 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:32 am

I didn't know being tall for your position equated to freak athlete

I guess that means short for your position guys like Spud Webb are terrible athletes
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#10 » by King Ken » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:34 am

Interesting if he fell to #3
driveandkick
Pro Prospect
And1: 434

Post#11 » by driveandkick » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:47 am

Alright, here we go. I'll be the first. This is MY GUY in this draft. He's been #1 on my big board for months. I have absolutely nothing to validate this but gut instinct has me feeling like Edwards and Wiseman go 1-2 which would put us on a collision course with Melo. I'm all about ceiling. Melo as a prospect is a generational passer. His passing is the best trait of any player in this draft. Bro is 6'7" for a PG, like he's made in a damn lab. His shot isn't consistent yet but plenty of guys enter the league with a shaky shot and end up being fine. The mechanics are there, I think he finds it. I'll start driving this bandwagon tonight, I'm still in disbelief.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by MugzZo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:20 am

driveandkick wrote:Alright, here we go. I'll be the first. This is MY GUY in this draft. He's been #1 on my big board for months. I have absolutely nothing to validate this but gut instinct has me feeling like Edwards and Wiseman go 1-2 which would put us on a collision course with Melo. I'm all about ceiling. Melo as a prospect is a generational passer. His passing is the best trait of any player in this draft. Bro is 6'7" for a PG, like he's made in a damn lab. His shot isn't consistent yet but plenty of guys enter the league with a shaky shot and end up being fine. The mechanics are there, I think he finds it. I'll start driving this bandwagon tonight, I'm still in disbelief.
Melo all day unless Wiseman falls and Melo goes 1st or 2nd.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by 316Hornets » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:29 am

The big question about LaMelo. Will he be happy being a Charlotte Hornet for life? We have to think of our pick as a likely supermax player. Is he going to turn that down to go play for the Knicks or Lakers? If so, we could be really hurting our future.
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#14 » by wilson115 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:34 am

I just can't see this happening. Someone's trading up to get this kid for sure.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#15 » by Braggins » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:49 am

I get some of the appeal, but he also shot 38%/25%/72% splits for a team that went 5-23 in the Australian league.

Lonzo coming into the league was a 6'7" athletic PG with elite passing who was also a good defender and hes turned out to be a massive disappointment.

What exactly makes him so special compared to his brother? Definitely seems like a better ball handler, but hes also supposedly a bad defender. Is he even a better passer than Lonzo?

Idk, I don't really have strong feelings about any of the players yet because I haven't done much research, but he scares me.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#16 » by yosemiteben » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:17 am

If he was guaranteed to have the same productivity as Lonzo I probably wouldn't take him, and I think that's far from certain. Just not interested in the drama and hate that he's such an inefficient scorer.
bravor
Starter
And1: 736

Post#17 » by bravor » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:28 am

He makes no sense here for so many reasons that i'm not that worried for draft day.

No drama, pls.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by MugzZo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:47 am

I take back my 1st as lamelo. I want Wiseman or Toppin. Toppin might not be popular with some of us here but I have seen more of him then anyone in this class and think he's getting underrated. Toppin can play atleast 16 mins at the 5 and 16 at the 4 right of the bat. When his official wingspan and standing reach come out he will be a good look for a 3rd pick in this draft. He's got plenty of length to play the 5 in todays game.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#19 » by Braggins » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:33 am

MugzZo wrote:I take back my 1st as lamelo. I want Wiseman or Toppin. Toppin might not be popular with some of us here but I have seen more of him then anyone in this class and think he's getting underrated. Toppin can play atleast 16 mins at the 5 and 16 at the 4 right of the bat. When his official wingspan and standing reach come out he will be a good look for a 3rd pick in this draft. He's got plenty of length to play the 5 in todays game.

I'm curious about Toppin's measurements, but from what I heard he was bad on defense pretty much anywhere on the court. I think he is a fine pick and pretty safe too because his offensive production seems pretty guaranteed. I see some similarity with John Collins, or Amare Stoudemire with a decent 3pt shot.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by MugzZo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:55 am

Braggins wrote:
MugzZo wrote:I take back my 1st as lamelo. I want Wiseman or Toppin. Toppin might not be popular with some of us here but I have seen more of him then anyone in this class and think he's getting underrated. Toppin can play atleast 16 mins at the 5 and 16 at the 4 right of the bat. When his official wingspan and standing reach come out he will be a good look for a 3rd pick in this draft. He's got plenty of length to play the 5 in todays game.

I'm curious about Toppin's measurements, but from what I heard he was bad on defense pretty much anywhere on the court. I think he is a fine pick and pretty safe too because his offensive production seems pretty guaranteed. I see some similarity with Jason Collins, or Amare Stoudemire with a decent 3pt shot.
Thats what I see. John Collins/Amare...for a week draft at number 3 thats seems pretty damn good considering we have been stuck at 11 or 12 for 5 years. Its not a stong draft so the pick is justified in terms of upside and talent. He will make highlights regardless of where he is picked. Not bad ones.

Return to Charlotte Hornets