ImageImageImage

Are there any positives about Brett Brown as our Head Coach?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Re: Are there any positives about Brett Brown as our Head Coach? 

Post#21 » by Eyeamok » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:44 pm

It takes an extraordinary coach and the FO has to back him up to continue to coach the same team year after year.

It's just like a kid who does not listen to his father, but will listen to his uncle even though the father and the uncle are both saying the same thing. Your players just get tired of hearing your voice. And if they are not producing any results while listening to your voice you lose them even more quickly. I think coach Brown is at this point.

Positives. I loved Coach Brown during the process and I wanted him to be able to coach a team that was trying to win a championship not a high lottery pick. But now we seem to be going backwards. Yes I know that Simmons is not playing this series but injuries are part of any NBA championship run. It's just what happens. You adjust and move on, but the 76ers adjustments are horrible and they always seem to be one game behind in making positive adjustments.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 938

Post#22 » by Tony Franciosa » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Perfect glue coach for the Process. Brand hasn't done him any favors, but it's telling that some of the players we've sent elsewhere have had better production/use than they did while here.

It's time to move on from him & Brand and readjust the roster yet again to try to accommodate Ben/Joel.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#23 » by Negrodamus » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Yea, I'm good to move on.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#24 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Yeah, how do we help Embiid is never the question in your shiny head right? what a genius.
He speaks about Tobias as if he is the second coming of Jesus and our franchise player, lol what a joke.
Horrible takes since 2016
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,481

Post#25 » by elchengue20 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:10 pm

Lol, there's nothing more to discuss after that. This guy is lost.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#26 » by VDT » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:14 pm

I mean, he is not wrong. They need Harris to come alive to have a chance in the series. Embiid is already averaging 30ppg on good efficiency. He is not going to beat Boston by himself.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Post#27 » by Arsenal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

$35M per year and we have to rack our brain to figure out how to "help him" do anything.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,713

Post#28 » by phillynative » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:26 pm

VDT wrote:I mean, he is not wrong. They need Harris to come alive to have a chance in the series. Embiid is already averaging 30ppg on good efficiency. He is not going to beat Boston by himself.

Yes but what about defense?
RealAlex01
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#29 » by RealAlex01 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Arsenal wrote:Overall Brett Brown appears to be a mediocre coach. He's definitely going to be fired.

The BIGGER problem is the idiots manning the front office ever since Hinkie was pushed out. Those morons, starting with that human rodent Josh Harris, the puppet Elton Brand, and the rest of the NBA front office rejects will still be here. They'll use Brown as the scapegoat for their idiocy and incompetence by pinning everything on him.

So in that sense, firing Brown is just going to cover up the real problem.

Bingo, Josh Harris is the top of the cabal that is keeping this franchise in mediocrity
Save Our 76ers...Oust Josh Harris and his entire regime!
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#30 » by Negrodamus » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:32 pm

VDT wrote:I mean, he is not wrong. They need Harris to come alive to have a chance in the series. Embiid is already averaging 30ppg on good efficiency. He is not going to beat Boston by himself.

The solution is "running more" and "getting him the ball more"? He shot the ball 15 times last night and 15 the game before. He's had wide open shots and has been given the chance to create on his own. He's an inefficient scorer and not good enough to be the creator.

I don't doubt that we need someone to step up and score with Embiid, but I reject the notion that the Sixers are not giving Harris the opportunity to be that guy.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#31 » by VDT » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

The solution is "running more" and "getting him the ball more"? He shot the ball 15 times last night and 15 the game before. He's had wide open shots and has been given the chance to create on his own. He's an inefficient scorer and not good enough to be the creator.

I don't doubt that we need someone to step up and score with Embiid, but I reject the notion that the Sixers are not giving Harris the opportunity to be that guy.

Brown couldnt say that Harris sucks and he is the one to blame for his performance. He had to say something and i wouldnt pay attention to that. I dont think Brown has any adjustments left to make, other than trying to give them different views in the pnr.

From the way he coached he looked to be all in yesterday. His hope now is to get a good game from Harris or someone else and for Tatum and the Celtics shooting in general to cool down a bit.

I think the team can be better that it looks but the chemistry is bad and there is not much fight into them. As soon as they were down 12-13 points they gave up.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#32 » by Arsenal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#33 » by Arsenal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:01 pm

"The fans here have already bought it. The amount of energy people spend yelling about firing Brett Brown is unfathomably stupid when firing him is so clearly going to do absolutely nothing"

"Thank you. I don't understand why people are calling for this man's head when he's already gone. It's just a formality. What isn't a formality is the front office being gone. In fact this writer or reporter or whatever is exactly right. They will use Brett as a scapegoat and do nothing else.

Even if they admit the Horford trade was terrible they will just use their puppet Brand as a scapegoat next. But these cretins that Colangelo hired (who have somehow been worse than Colangelo) will not get fired without intense pressure from the fanbase. Problem is too many people will be appeased with Brett's head and we'll be in the same position next year hopefully just healthier."

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/id19rq/jackson_frank_the_sixers_will_fire_brett_brown/
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#34 » by Eyeamok » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:15 pm

If the season does not restart is coach brown still the coach to start and end the 20-21 season? I say yes. The narrative would have been "with a healthy team we can beat anyone. We killed Boston all season long and we killed the Bucks at home. This team is poised to make a championship level run. Don't change anything."
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#35 » by mithrandir17 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:16 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tobias has been here for two years already and Brett is still thinking on how to help him score more? It's not like we traded for him a month ago.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,713

Post#36 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:11 am

It almost makes my stomach hurt to think of what SHOULD have been. The **** hard work and the suffering was already done and over. The foundation was laid and it was as close to idiot proof as it could be.

Its honestly just depressing.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#37 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:05 am

If you want to change the ownership, that’s not gonna happen. And I’d suggest you look to other teams where owners are not as committed to winning as we do that they are willing to be patient and spend a lot of money.

Since day 1, the ownership Is committed to winning and the Bynum trade was the most evident act for this.

Try looking at the current Wiz or this team’s past owners if you want to compare.

This team’s problem is a roster problem than a coaching problem. And to be more specific it’s about Ben Simmons game and Embiid’s emotion and ego.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#38 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:18 am

Embiid and Simmons were not the problem, the problem is that we are worse than 1 or 2 years ago, we've regressed, and that's because we have less shooting and/or less scoring on the ball than before. Embiid and Simmons was not ideal but can work with a better coach and the proper players, 1 proper shot creator and 2 shooters. Embiid and Simmons is a problem NOW, becuase the team is capped and our treasure chest is long gone. Before, you had much more options to find that shot creator, not saying it's easy but you had time, time to see how good are Embiid and Simmons under a new coach, time to see if a better FA could come here, etc.
Horrible takes since 2016
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#39 » by Negrodamus » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:33 pm

The positive for Brett is that he convinced Ben to be a PF. Now the next coach can bring in someone who can actually create offense and get Ben/Embiid the ball in space from 10-15ft out rather than doing whatever the hell we're currently doing.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#40 » by Kobblehead » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Johnny Jones delivered Ben Simmons to Brett Brown as a PF out of college. Brett's the one that started this several year waste of time experiment when he made that silly "he's a PG" statement during the summer press conference of his rookie year.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers