ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: 1st Round | Game 2: Nets @ Raptors - Weds, 08/19/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,827

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 2: Nets @ Raptors - Weds, 08/19/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV 

Post#361 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Kyrie | Dinwiddie | Chiozza
LeVert | Temple | Johnson
Harris | TLC | Chandler
KD | Prince | Kurucs
Allen | DJ | Claxton

*19th Pick, 55th Pick.

I believe Kurucs, Musa, Chandler, 55th are assured to be moved this off-season.

We’ll select most likely a 3&D wing or PF with defensive prowess similar to Thybulle in Philly would also be my guess going forward in how to rebound from some of these weaknesses this season. Obviously, if Beal becomes available we will pony up assets for a deal but I just don’t see it happening...this off-season but it will happen.

I think we’re looking at the Clippers also from a far to see how our future looks winning with two stars + depth vs 3 stars + ring chasers.

I think we’ll ultimately keep this same roster together again before ultimately making some tough and painful decisions on guys like Dinwiddie, Allen going down in 2021-22.

We really just need to see growth here in this playoff format to also see if guys have truly improved a bit from last season’s experience with Philadelphia and right now, Allen is showing a major jump difference between his meetings with Embiid.

Joe Harris couldn’t shoot during the playoffs last season and he’s been absolutely superb this year.

LeVert has been struggling as the main option and that’s understandable but the assists, rebounds and play making is still there but outside shooting will be ultimately what makes him a Net lifter or trade piece within the near future but KD loves him, so no chance he’s dealt for anyone less than Beal.

LeVert is averaging 16pts 7rebs 13asts while facing defensive pressure usually reserved for top tier players. He's doing a phenomenal job despite the poor shooting, which was to be expect considering who we are up against.

This team is in amazing shape going into 20-21. I think we will be an elite club next season, and we will definitely have to make some decisions. More than likely, Dinwiddie is gone. The Nets absolutely cannot let Jarrett Allen go, that would be a disastrous decision. We'll probably have to Salary dump Prince in order to keep the tax bill from getting out of hand.

Agreed.

I think Prince is due to be traded soon but it will come due to the emergence of Nic at the four. I think he will have a Siakam-like jump very soon and it will force us into moving guys.

Nic being hurt has been a huge disservice to himself and the team. This environment would have been ripe for his development.

Oh well. Two more games left.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 2: Nets @ Raptors - Weds, 08/19/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV 

Post#362 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:05 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Sean needs to sit KD and Kyrie down and nip this in the bud. Politics should not stand in the way of progress. If Allen is playing this way or even better come training camp, Jordan will need to check his ego.

it was dinwiddie/chandler who led that charge. Kyrie never chimed in and wasnt even there for those games leading up to it. and durants issue was effort, not minutes/roles.

and in the end. you do what durant wants and sit the other guys down. if they dont like that role, you ship them out. top 2 players need to get their way

So if Allen is playing at the level he is at right now next season, which he is clearly better than DeAndre Jordan, should Allen still sit?

I dont think current allen is playing "clearly better" than Jordan was. Jordan was playing out of this world defense pre-bubble and cleaning the glass like he normally does. i thin he would have crushed it similarly in the bubble, where conditions are optimal and scores are way up.

nothing against allen. im the OG allen guy here and defended him when morons wanted claxton to take his backup spot and allen to be traded (i know not you).

Weve seen stretches like this from allen before. i think he gets a fair shot to beat out Jordan. if he can great. and if jordan starts outplaying him and we make a switch great or vice versa. I think there is knee jerk and recency bias from the bubble, where again, things are inflated and conditions are optimal (no fans, no travel, earlier games, no late nights, more off days, few/no back to backs, trainsers.coaches all onsite, several teams clinches pre bubble with no reason to play hard etc..
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#363 » by Papi_swav » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:16 am

One thing I realized and noticed that we need, I don't think anybody has said it yet . But we need some athletes on this team as well. I'm talking about a guard/wing athlete. Allen gives us some nice dunks and he has hang time. But look at how Powell and FVV takes it up, they can make acrobatic moves up there. Levert can do this as well. But I feel like we need some young fresh legs that can run up the court and yam it on somebody. Like OG Anuboy or whatever you call him. We need like 2 of these guys in my opinion , along with some 3 and Ds.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#364 » by ProspectPark » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:52 am

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,827

Post#365 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:26 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:
Read on Twitter

Only in the last two minutes? the refs missed multiple calls.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets