ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#1601 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:47 pm

I’m sad about Guice. He’s a guy from a rough situation that I wanted to root for. But I agree with Doc. Given the context, the WTF’s had no choice.

By the way. Can we please change the name of this thread? I’d do it if I knew how.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1602 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:15 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
The Football Team Formerly Known as Redskins (FTFKAR) cannot afford to do a 'wait and see' on domestic violence and abuse of a woman. Especially considering recent front office atmosphere on women, and the cheerleader scandal a few years back. And a new head coach who wants to change the culture. So. No. I'm fine with them cutting ties.

On May 16th, Cody Latimer was charged with serious charges, and he is still on the Skins' roster.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/16/redskins-receiver-cody-latimer-arrested-assault-weapons-charges/

In dispute with 2 other men when a firearm was discharged, investigation to determine who is at fault.

Is definitely not the same as choking a woman until she was unconscious, thought she was dead. This plus multiple other accounts of domestic abuse. Especially on a team that has a shady history on how they have treated women.

In the case of Guice, he had his strikes already. As you acknowledge he has a history of incidents dating to before he was drafted.

As I acknowledge? What history of incidents does he have?

Btw, as far as I can tell, that information about him strangling her till she was unconscious wasn't reported until yesterday's Washington Post article. And apparently the incident occurred in March? With that information, I can see why they cut him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1603 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:54 pm

In case anyone's interested, following is from a relative who works with Indian tribes:
I'm not one to tell people what to do, but everyone should watch these two films, especially anyone who lives in the Northeastern U.S.
Upstander Project
August 3 at 12:25 PM ·
National Indian Education Association and Upstander Project present the Emmy Award winning film DAWNLAND & DEAR GEORGINA + a live Q & A on Wednesday August 12th at 8pm ET / 5pm PT
FREE event. Optional donations support National Indian Education Association and Upstander Project.
This screening is a celebration of International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples and International Youth Day on August 12th.
For decades, child welfare authorities have been removing Native American children from their homes to save them from being Indian. In Maine, the first official “truth and reconciliation commission” in the United States begins a historic investigation. DAWNLAND goes behind-the-scenes as this historic body grapples with difficult truths, redefines reconciliation, and charts a new course for state and tribal relations.
In DEAR GEORGINA a Passamaquoddy elder journeys into an unclear past to better understand herself and her cultural heritage.
Join author Leilani Sabzalian (Alutiiq), special guests from NIEA, filmmaker Adam Mazo, and Upstander Project Learning Director Mishy Lesser for a live Q & A after the films. The discussion will be moderated by Claudia Tekina'ru Fox Tree (Arawak/Yurumein) of the Massachusetts Center for Native American Awareness
TICKETS: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dawnland-dear-georgina-online-film-screening-live-filmmaker-q-a-tickets-112733667434?aff=fb0729
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1604 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:32 pm

So, Bram Weinstein and D Hall are the new Skins radio team. I wouldn't have guessed that pairing in a million years. Do either have any experience broadcasting games? Tbh, I was hoping Brian Mitchell would be in the booth.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1605 » by gambitx777 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:24 pm

He was gonna go on the exempt list anyway. Might as well cut ties maybe a good young back gets cut from another team and you can scoop him up.
doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
The Football Team Formerly Known as Redskins (FTFKAR) cannot afford to do a 'wait and see' on domestic violence and abuse of a woman. Especially considering recent front office atmosphere on women, and the cheerleader scandal a few years back. And a new head coach who wants to change the culture. So. No. I'm fine with them cutting ties.

On May 16th, Cody Latimer was charged with serious charges, and he is still on the Skins' roster.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/16/redskins-receiver-cody-latimer-arrested-assault-weapons-charges/

In dispute with 2 other men when a firearm was discharged, investigation to determine who is at fault.

Is definitely not the same as choking a woman until she was unconscious, thought she was dead. This plus multiple other accounts of domestic abuse. Especially on a team that has a shady history on how they have treated women.

In the case of Guice, he had his strikes already. As you acknowledge he has a history of incidents dating to before he was drafted.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#1606 » by doclinkin » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Ruzious wrote:So, Bram Weinstein and D Hall are the new Skins radio team. I wouldn't have guessed that pairing in a million years. Do either have any experience broadcasting games? Tbh, I was hoping Brian Mitchell would be in the booth.

I like them both. B Mitch is okay but I found I tuned out his radio show when they made him carry it on his own. Triple that for Doc Walker. Now if it were Fred Smoot adding color or doing sideline reporting I'd tune in for the shenanigans alone. He's a hellofa listen. Always funny, always opinionated, always with inside dirt and constant trash talk and commentary.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1607 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:44 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:So, Bram Weinstein and D Hall are the new Skins radio team. I wouldn't have guessed that pairing in a million years. Do either have any experience broadcasting games? Tbh, I was hoping Brian Mitchell would be in the booth.

I like them both. B Mitch is okay but I found I tuned out his radio show when they made him carry it on his own. Triple that for Doc Walker. Now if it were Fred Smoot adding color or doing sideline reporting I'd tune in for the shenanigans alone. He's a hellofa listen. Always funny, always opinionated, always with inside dirt and constant trash talk and commentary.

Smoot would be a hoot at that Doc's old role. I really got to disliking Doc Walker on the broadcasts. He usually identified players by their numbers, and I don't memorize players' numbers. And he'd always get so excited about short runs - even when they failed on 3rd and short. "Doc, we have to punt because of that 2 yard run you love - that's not a good thing! And I don't care who's an ex Bruin or who played for USC."
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#1608 » by Wizardspride » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#1609 » by pancakes3 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Ruzious wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

Smoot would be a hoot at that Doc's old role. I really got to disliking Doc Walker on the broadcasts. He usually identified players by their numbers, and I don't memorize players' numbers. And he'd always get so excited about short runs - even when they failed on 3rd and short. "Doc, we have to punt because of that 2 yard run you love - that's not a good thing! And I don't care who's an ex Bruin or who played for USC."

i know Hall was making the rounds as a podcast guest for NFL network late 2019-early 2020, which is what a lot of guys do when they're looking to transition into media (anecdotally Maurice Jones-Drew, Ike Taylor, Chris Long)
Bullets -> Wizards
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1610 » by Wizardspride » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1611 » by Wizardspride » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1612 » by Wizardspride » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#1613 » by WashWiz54 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:03 pm

Guice will never play another down in the NFL. I’m all for innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe “where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Good riddance.

Way to waste your talents, and I hope nothing but horrible things for you if even one of these allegations is proven true. There’s simply no excuse.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2020/08/19/ex-washington-nfl-player-derrius-guice-accused-rape-while-lsu/3391053001/
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1614 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Well, now we know what history of incidents Guice had - horrible. The Skins better not have known about them when they picked him. Otoh, that leads to the question of whether or not they did their due diligence. LSU also has a lot of explaining to do. If there's anything good out of this, it'll be that universities take these complaints seriously.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1615 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:02 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:Guice will never play another down in the NFL. I’m all for innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe “where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Good riddance.

Way to waste your talents, and I hope nothing but horrible things for you if even one of these allegations is proven true. There’s simply no excuse.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2020/08/19/ex-washington-nfl-player-derrius-guice-accused-rape-while-lsu/3391053001/

My legal history is FAR FROM INTACT or squeaky clean.

I think Guice deserves due process. Washington Football Team cut bait or proved their sick of his mess and DO NOT want no parts of wife beater dudes.

Me? Jim Brown...never mind.

Probably OJ Simpson at some point pre Nicole or while he was making Hertz commercials and Roots and Airplane ....

Lots of ACCUSATIONS THAT BEN ROETHELESBER (sp) was a rapist of more than one female.

Guice at 23 years old is IMO already guilty in the public opinion. He’s Lawrence Phillips....

My opinion is I’d have kept him. I met Zach Randolph in Hawaii at Pete Newell’s way back in 2002 or 2001. Dude had broken a teammate’s jaw —a Trailblazer teammate.

Here on RealGM for a hell of a long time Kevin Broom and many others were labeling Randolph as a cancer.

Ask the man who said he thought Z Bo would be an NBA all star...

Some day.

Guice? He’s going to be great if healthy but it might be in the XFL.

Dude should go to the Cowboys or the Raiders or Tampa Bay...if he’s not imprisoned or banned from playing.
Bye bye Beal.
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#1616 » by WashWiz54 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
WashWiz54 wrote:Guice will never play another down in the NFL. I’m all for innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe “where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Good riddance.

My legal history is FAR FROM INTACT or squeaky clean.

I think Guice deserves due process. Washington Football Team cut bait or proved their sick of his mess and DO NOT want no parts of wife beater dudes.

Me? Jim Brown...never mind.

Probably OJ Simpson at some point pre Nicole or while he was making Hertz commercials and Roots and Airplane ....

Lots of ACCUSATIONS THAT BEN ROETHELESBER (sp) was a rapist of more than one female.

Guice at 23 years old is IMO already guilty in the public opinion. He’s Lawrence Phillips....

My opinion is I’d have kept him. I met Zach Randolph in Hawaii at Pete Newell’s way back in 2002 or 2001. Dude had broken a teammate’s jaw —a Trailblazer teammate.

Here on RealGM for a hell of a long time Kevin Broom and many others were labeling Randolph as a cancer.

Ask the man who said he thought Z Bo would be an NBA all star...

Some day.

Guice? He’s going to be great if healthy but it might be in the XFL.

Dude should go to the Cowboys or the Raiders or Tampa Bay...if he’s not imprisoned or banned from playing.

That makes two of us. I actually go to court next Thursday so I know all about not being a choir boy and having tough circumstances. These allegations however are not justifiable under any circumstance. I understand that they are “just” allegations right now and he deserves his day in court, but if I was running the squad... That won’t be on my time. DUI, assault, gun charges, drug charges etc., you got the benefit of doubt from me and I’ll let the system play. Multiple rape accusations, an already checkered past, and a new domestic violence charge? Yeah, you’ve lost your chance to “see how it goes” with me. Happy to see him away from the team, and I love a good redemption story. Unfortunately though, I don’t see him being one of those.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#1617 » by TGW » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:39 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I was at the game Alex Smith got hurt. Front row seats at the 40, so I got a clear view of the injury. One word to describe it:

Traumatizing.

I like a good story as much as the next guy, but I don't want to see Smith get hurt again. Don't care what the doctors say...I don't think he should be allowed on a football field. It wasn't that long ago he had scaffolding around that leg.

Just hire him as a co-QB coach and stop entertaining this. Throwing a football in a protected setting where no one can touch the quarterback doesn't mean anything.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1618 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:37 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:
That makes two of I actually go to court next Thursday .....

.. Multiple rape accusations, an already checkered past, and a new domestic violence charge? Yeah, you’ve lost your chance to “see how it goes” with me. Happy to see him away from the team, and I love a good redemption story. Unfortunately though, I don’t see him being one of those.

:D GOD alone knows with DGuice...good riddance with him one way OR the other. I concur with you, ww54.

As for us ...

Lyrics
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's not much left
'Coz I've been blastin' and laughin' so long, that
Even my mama thinks that my mind is gone
But I ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it
Me be treated like a punk you know that's unheard of
You better watch how you're talkin', and where you're walkin'
Or you and your homies might be lined in chalk
I really hate to trip but I gotta, loc
As I grow I see myself in the pistol smoke, fool
I'm the kinda G the little homies wanna be like
On my knees in the night, sayin' prayers in the streetlight
Been spendin' most their lives,
Livin' in the gangsta's paradise
Keep spendin' most our lives,
They got the situation, they got me facin'
I can't live a normal life, I was raised by the stripes
So I gotta be down with the hood team
Too much television watchin' got me chasin' dreams
I'm an educated fool with money on my mind
Got my 10 in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I'm a loc'd out gangsta set trippin' banger
And my homies is down so don't arouse my anger, fool
Death ain't nothin' but a heartbeat away
I'm livin' life, do or die, what can I say
I'm twenty-three now, but will I live to see twenty-four
The way things are going I don't know
Tell me why are we, so blind to see
That the one's we hurt, are you and me
Power and the money, money and the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody's runnin', but half of them ain't lookin'
What's going on in the kitchen, but I don't know what's cookin'
They say I gotta learn, but nobody's here to teach me
If they can't understand it, how can they reach me
I guess they can't, I guess they won't
I guess they front, that's why I know my life is out of luck, fool
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Douglas B. Rasheed / Stevie Wonder / Larry James Sanders / Artis L. Jr. Ivey
Gangsta's Paradise lyrics © Wb Music Corp., Large Variety Music, Boo Daddy Publishing, Black Bull Music, Madcastle Muzic, Songs Of Polygram Int., Inc., Black-bull-music, Inc., Jobete Music Co., Inc.

https://youtu.be/fPO76Jlnz6c

WE got this, ww54...

No need to worry cuz every little thing gonna b alright
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#1619 » by TGW » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:20 pm

At some point you have to wonder when the league steps in, and forces Snyder to sell ala the NBA and the Sterling.

The man is not only a detriment to his own team, but to the league in general.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1620 » by Wizardspride » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards