Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package 

Post#1 » by Kuya » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:02 am

Wiggns/Wiseman
Wiggins/Edwards
Wiggins/Ball

This is our most likely trade package we will dangle out there. What is it worth?

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Re: Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package 

Post#2 » by B-King » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:16 am

For Giannis or Embiid, you are going to have to throw the Minny Pick and more. Other than those 2 targets, I am not seeing anything where Wiggins, the #2 overall and possibly more makes sense.

Ball at 2 would be the desirable pick on its own to trade.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#3 » by aggerrard » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:21 am

B-King wrote:For Giannis or Embiid, you are going to have to throw the Minny Pick and more. Other than those 2 targets, I am not seeing anything where Wiggins, the #2 overall and possibly more makes sense.

Ball at 2 would be the desirable pick on its own to trade.

For Giannis you'd have to throw in #2 pick, TWolves pick, + 3 of your future picks and Klay for them to even pick up the phone - and then get a fat NO. You're not getting Giannis.

For Embiid #2 pick, TWolves pick, 2 of your future picks + Wiggins might do it, IF 76ers wanna change it up.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#4 » by Kuya » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:26 am

Wiggins + Wiseman for Butler

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#5 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:27 am

Wiggins + the pick is better than anything on the market. The closest thing would be Vucevic if he continues his elite play but the magic would have to add #15 and a 2nd

Now Wiggins + #2 + the Minny 21 1st and 2nd round picks opens the door to numerous offers. Beal, AD(accepts his PO and wants to come here alone), Simmons/Embiid

Final offer Wiggins + #2 + the Minny 21 1st and 2nd round picks + our 2022 1st(Lottery Protected) Maybe top 5 talent on long Deals like AD with Sign and Trade, Beal if Wizards get too stubborn, Donovan Mitch, Tatum, Zion, KAT, Booker, and finally IF, big if, if we have the leverage on a potential Giannis trade, that's the max we offer.

The Deal could be modified with Wiggins + #2 + the Minny 21 1st and 2nd round picks + Poole + Paschall
and they give us Brook Lopez and Bledsoe
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#6 » by ClutchUp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:53 am

Kuya wrote:Wiggins + Wiseman for Butler

Why would Miami consider that?
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,668

Post#7 » by WarriorGM » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:14 pm

Any chance the Warriors would trade for Blake Griffin? Nah probably not.

How about something weirder like the #2 draft pick for Matisse Thybulle? The Warriors need defense. This year's draft is considered kind of weak. Maybe someone from last year's draft that shows promise even if he was picked lower makes sense. Who are the best current defenders from last year's draft?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#8 » by Coxy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:21 pm

None, keep Wiseman
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,310

Post#9 » by SpreeS » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:54 pm

We dont know how will our trio look after one year miss. Green and Curry could be on decline and Klay after seriuos injury. Dont trade our young prospects (2020 pick, 2021 MIN pick, Wiggins, Paschall), if you dont get young proven ALL-STAR (small possabilty). Need to work with TPE, MLE and VET min. Lets wait until trade deadline, if Curry/Klay/Green will be on TOP and from Wiseman/Wiggins will be little help, trade them proven players for champioship run.

I have hope (not only I), that Wiggins could turn around and become effective scorer and above avg defender. Wiseman could be Gobert with possabilty to shoot.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#10 » by No-Man » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Nobody that would be worth moving that for is going to be available anytime soon, so this is moot
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,514

Post#11 » by KrAzY3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Embiid seems like the best realistic possibility. If the Sixers get bounced in the first round, they might be willing to go back to the drawing board, and the Warriors do have the sort of package that could make moving someone like that worthwhile.

I don't get the, let's hoard our pieces and see how this turns out approach though. Curry is Curry, other than that yeah I see both Klay and Green as merely supporting pieces, but you have to give them someone to support! We know that they need more than just those three, so who? Wiggins? Another point guard? Emiid has a huge presence and he doesn't really make anything the Warriors do redundant. Curry and Klay could still shoot, and Green, well he plays defense, not like he's an elite rebounder or scorer or anything...

You don't move assets like that just to move them, you don't want another Wiggins or something, but c'mon. You have a shot at an Embiid for anything short of highway robbery, you take it.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#12 » by azwfan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Biggest issue we have (i think) is that Minnesota is looking for much of the same that we are, and they have a better trade package (if we dont include the Minny ‘21 pick).

#1, Culver, James Johnson is more valuable than #2, Wiggins, Paschall (even though Paschall is better than Culver, Culver should have more value league wide). Additionally, Minnesota can throw nicer minor assets like 16 or Okogie.

So really we need 2 young starish players on the market or we’re gonna need to over pay for someone.

I still like either keeping Wiseman or trading down for a mid lotto pick and picking up either vets or draft assets to combine with the TPE.

NYK with the add’l Dallas picks and NOP with the add’l Lakers picks seem like good candidates though trading all the way down to 13 seems a bit steep for far off draft picks.

For vets that could help, there’s Detroit who has Kennard, Rose, and I guess thats it. Theyre kinda low on picks (and rebuilding) so I doubt we could squeeze them for a 1st (and Rose/Kennard dont seem worth it).

CLE could make some sense if someone trades with Minny for Ball, CLE may want Edwards. 6+ Sexton seems like good value for us, but probably not there fit wise. Id strongly consider it though and take whoever is remaining from Okoro/ Okongwu / Avdija.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#13 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:26 pm

I, and I think the Warriors, value Wiggins more than most. I also don't value Embiid the way many seem to.

Some of these huge trades people are proposing seem to be wildly overpaying to get Embiid.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#14 » by cdubbz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:29 pm

I would rather package #2 and TPE. Not as sexy but teams looking for cap relief might like it.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#15 » by cdubbz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:I, and I think the Warriors, value Wiggins more than most. I also don't value Embiid the way many seem to.

Some of these huge trades people are proposing seem to be wildly overpaying to get Embiid.

Wiggins is perfect for the Warriors. Instant 16-19ppg, young & athletic, not injury prone.

I’d rather go for depth and high level role players than an injury prone Center. Embiid is nice but I don’t feel good about him making it to the NBA Finals.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#16 » by King Ken » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:31 pm

I think people will be stuck with their picks unless someone wants to move up.

I can see people being open to trade stars to move up in 2021 but not 2020.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#17 » by cdubbz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:32 pm

WarriorGM wrote:Any chance the Warriors would trade for Blake Griffin? Nah probably not.

How about something weirder like the #2 draft pick for Matisse Thybulle? The Warriors need defense. This year's draft is considered kind of weak. Maybe someone from last year's draft that shows promise even if he was picked lower makes sense. Who are the best current defenders from last year's draft?

Awful awful idea.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#18 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:38 pm

NO GORDON OR BEAL. Just stop.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#19 » by Mylie10 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:40 pm

I’m already getting trade fatigue
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#20 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:41 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:I, and I think the Warriors, value Wiggins more than most. I also don't value Embiid the way many seem to.

I think that's the 'problem'. To move a Wiseman...or Obi Topin...Deni...whatever high potential cheap talent AND Wiggins...Warriors have to see an obvious upgrade. Giannis....AD...those are the only players that might be on the market that are obvious IMO when you consider fit...defensive skills.

Wiggins is an extremely good fit for this team. Upgrade from Barnes...only 25. This is a chance that he blossoms on this team.

Only other reason to move Wiggins and pick is to get under the cap...which means it would be a talent dump without replacing that talent?

I love trade talk...but unless it's AD, Embid, Giannis I don't see the Warriors getting better overall with a move.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors