ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

What to do with our 2020 #2 Overall Draft Pick?

Draft Anthony Edwards
7%
Draft James Wiseman
61%
Draft Someone Else
4%
Trade Down
14%
Trade for proven/quality talent
14%

Total votes: 57

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Re: NBA 2020 Lottery Results - We Got #2 Overall 

Post#141 » by wco81 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Phase 3 wrote:I watched quite a few Magic games this year. Aaron Gordon looked awful compared to how he looked a couple years ago...loose handle, screwed up shot, ect.

I’m all for trading the #2 pick for a star. Not for Aaron Gordon though. I’d only be interested in Gordon if the asking price was something like our lottery protected 1st next year.

Now....Giannis, Beal, Simmons, ect...that’s a different story. Of course I’d package the 2nd pick for those guys.

Why Beal? Unless Steph or Klay can no longer play, the Warriors don't need a high shot-volume, high-salary guard.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#142 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:16 pm

wco81 wrote:
Phase 3 wrote:I watched quite a few Magic games this year. Aaron Gordon looked awful compared to how he looked a couple years ago...loose handle, screwed up shot, ect.

I’m all for trading the #2 pick for a star. Not for Aaron Gordon though. I’d only be interested in Gordon if the asking price was something like our lottery protected 1st next year.

Now....Giannis, Beal, Simmons, ect...that’s a different story. Of course I’d package the 2nd pick for those guys.

Why Beal? Unless Steph or Klay can no longer play, the Warriors don't need a high shot-volume, high-salary guard.

I've also been wondering what the attraction of Beal is. Are people planning on moving Klay to the 3? Beal doesn't make a lot of sense for me.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#143 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:19 pm

wco81 wrote:

Not sure why so many are high on Beal. If we make a trade for him, he’s automatically our expensive 6th man and prevents us to round out the rest of our bench. Klay rarely plays SF — and should never play as SF a day in his life in the league.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#144 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Take Wiseman or trade down for an extra future pick. Those are the only two options for me. Trading for Gordon or Beal or someone sounds like some dumb move Saint Jean would have done back in the day.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#145 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:36 pm

ILOVEIT and ShadDEeey are big advocates for Beal from the posts I'm seeing. :lol:
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#146 » by Phase 3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:05 pm

wco81 wrote:

Talking about Beal mainly in terms of asset value. I should have been more clear about that.

I agree that other “stars” that play the 3 or the 5 would be a much better fit than Beal.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,801

Post#147 » by whatisacenter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:53 pm

I don't get the appeal for Beal either unless we are going full small ball a la the Houston Rockets which I don't think is sustainable over a full season. Also, packaging Wiggins and multiple picks for him is an overpay IMO. If we are sending out multiple picks I want a star that is a fit with our core. Love that we got a top two pick with so many options available!
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cladden
Analyst
And1: 373

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#148 » by cladden » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Don’t anybody bring up trade ideas with Charlotte. Their roster is beyond horrible.

Not that it pertains to us or this thread at all but I feel like the stars are so aligned for Tobias Harris to go to Charlotte and put up 22 per game next year.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#149 » by superunknown » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:10 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
superunknown wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Wiggins + Wiseman + Paschall for Myles Turner + TJ Warren?

why?

Just a few days ago, Wiseman was on a podcast with Scottie Pippen and Richard Jefferson. They said with Warriors most likely in position to draft him, he’d have the benefit to play with veterans who knows how to win with their system and he can learn from them (paraphrasing). However, I think they also questioned his intentions/goals in the league: Does he want to play for an established Ball club and might not get as many touches or to develop (with us)? Or does he want to be “the guy” on a developing or mediocre team where the game plan will run through him. Of course, the generic answer he gives them is he’ll fit into whichever team drafts him and he’ll continue to put in the work. If it’s the latter, I feel Wiseman will Grow tired and request for a trade if he doesn’t get that many touches or is limited due to this raw abilities. But, if they’re winning, I’d say he’d want to stay put.

As we all know, this organization wants to remain competitive and win now with Curry, Thompson, and Green almost or at their peak. Maybe asking for TJ Warren is a bit much (matching/equating salary purposes), but could involve a 3rd team?

TJ warren so far hasn't proved to be better than wiggins and Turner is a good C but he's not that edge.
I understand the wiseman brings along question marks and legit doubts (like any other player in this draft class and rookies in general), but he has the potential to develop in a player like turner if not better in few years. moreover, in that proposed trade, dubs also throw in paschall who is a decent contributor form the bench (who can still improve) in a roster which lacks depth.
so, basically, it's a 3 for 2 where those 2 are not a big upgrade and the bench gets further depleted.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#150 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:34 pm

Imagine if GSW just shocks everyone and selects Deni Avdija.
#DubNation
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#151 » by wco81 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Bill Simmons said GSW should draft Vassell, because he's exactly what they need.

Ideally as a trade down but even if they have to pick him #2.

May be good defender at college level but too light in the pants to deal with Kawhi and Lebron.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,678

Post#152 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:17 pm

floppymoose wrote:Happy for Minny to get #1. Good for them and for GSW, as they will invest in playing that player when the losses mount and that will lead to a good pick for GS.

With Athony Edwards throwing up high volume bricks while, and Towns and Russell wanting their shots the rest of the team gets frozen out and sulks on defense because Towns and Russel won't play defense. Russell is a better scorer than he is acpoint guard.

This might work too well. TWolves may get a protected top 3 pick.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,678

Post#153 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:26 pm

floppymoose wrote:Happy for Minny to get #1. Good for them and for GSW, as they will invest in playing that player when the losses mount and that will lead to a good pick for GS.

With Athony Edwards throwing up high volume bricks while, and Towns and Russell wanting their shots the rest of the team gets frozen out and sulks on defense because Towns and Russel won't play defense. Russell is a better scorer than he is acpoint guard.

This might work too well. TWolves may get a protected top 3 pick.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,689

Post#154 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:52 am

Imo I think the Wolves would do well with Avdija. I think Edwards is a bit redundant with D-Lo and even Malik Beasley who emerged. Taking Wiseman and building around two centers won't work, unless they think Wiseman can play the 4 like AD. Ball is redundant with D-Lo. Toppin and Towns don't work defensively together.

Deni would be a good Wolves pick. He's like Luka light or your Ingles/Hedo point forward type that can play secondary ball handler, keep the ball movement crisp, rebound, and provide some size at 6-9. Edwards is likely a better player but you need some balance, iq, and intangibles to win sometimes. With the shooters they have getting more open shots I think could make the Wolves a good offensive team.

I thought this was interesting take about Wiseman being able to develop a jumper like KG had.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#155 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:26 am

We got this.

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#156 » by Coxy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:04 am

DAWill1128 wrote:Imo I think the Wolves would do well with Avdija. I think Edwards is a bit redundant with D-Lo and even Malik Beasley who emerged. Taking Wiseman and building around two centers won't work, unless they think Wiseman can play the 4 like AD. Ball is redundant with D-Lo. Toppin and Towns don't work defensively together.

Deni would be a good Wolves pick. He's like Luka light or your Ingles/Hedo point forward type that can play secondary ball handler, keep the ball movement crisp, rebound, and provide some size at 6-9. Edwards is likely a better player but you need some balance, iq, and intangibles to win sometimes. With the shooters they have getting more open shots I think could make the Wolves a good offensive team.

I thought this was interesting take about Wiseman being able to develop a jumper like KG had.

Great video, thanks for sharing.

3&D Centre Superstar potential. I like that run down.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#157 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:58 am

superunknown wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
superunknown wrote:
why?

Just a few days ago, Wiseman was on a podcast with Scottie Pippen and Richard Jefferson. They said with Warriors most likely in position to draft him, he’d have the benefit to play with veterans who knows how to win with their system and he can learn from them (paraphrasing). However, I think they also questioned his intentions/goals in the league: Does he want to play for an established Ball club and might not get as many touches or to develop (with us)? Or does he want to be “the guy” on a developing or mediocre team where the game plan will run through him. Of course, the generic answer he gives them is he’ll fit into whichever team drafts him and he’ll continue to put in the work. If it’s the latter, I feel Wiseman will Grow tired and request for a trade if he doesn’t get that many touches or is limited due to this raw abilities. But, if they’re winning, I’d say he’d want to stay put.

As we all know, this organization wants to remain competitive and win now with Curry, Thompson, and Green almost or at their peak. Maybe asking for TJ Warren is a bit much (matching/equating salary purposes), but could involve a 3rd team?

TJ warren so far hasn't proved to be better than wiggins and Turner is a good C but he's not that edge.
I understand the wiseman brings along question marks and legit doubts (like any other player in this draft class and rookies in general), but he has the potential to develop in a player like turner if not better in few years. moreover, in that proposed trade, dubs also throw in paschall who is a decent contributor form the bench (who can still improve) in a roster which lacks depth.
so, basically, it's a 3 for 2 where those 2 are not a big upgrade and the bench gets further depleted.

????

I'm a Wiggins optimist, but this take is way off. Warren is a really good player. He's way way better than Wiggins.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#158 » by ShayDee » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:41 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
superunknown wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

????

I'm a Wiggins optimist, but this take is way off. Warren is a really good player. He's way way better than Wiggins.

How do you know that? You haven't really seen Wiggins in our system with all our players yet. Wiggins is a better defender and passer. They are similar in scoring, Warren wasn't like this when he was in PHX and even then he hasn't put up close to a similar performance he did in the seeding games in the playoffs vs the heat. The only difference between the 2 is Warren is a little more efficient and on a way cheaper contract
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#159 » by whocurrz » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:01 am

Would be down for a trade down with the Hawks if we like someone that falls to 6 and they really want Wiseman or Edwards. We could get someone like Deni and pick up Huerter and maybe a pick. That’s some wings to help or at least a collection of assets for a future trade. Shooting wings and future picks are two things we can always use in a package or to fill out the rotation
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Results - #2 Overall 

Post#160 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:47 am

ShayDee wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
What if we don't win? When next are we going to be picking top 2 or how are we extending this dynasty?

Anthony Edwards and Andrew Wiggins aren’t extending anything. Especially Wiggins and the contract. Gordon is a better player on a much better deal. Take Gordon and Ross and draft Patrick Williams at 15 and the Warriors are a better team instantly.

Gordon is a severely worse offensive player and shooter than Wiggins. They are similar defensively We lost KD a 28 ppg scorer and got Wiggins that can give you 22ppg while playing good D and passing and probably can hit open shot which is better than the production you get from Gordon that gives you 14ppg and will brick most of his jumpers

We need more sure things and spacing on offense. Especially in this 3point shooting league. You think the Mavs would be able to tango with the Clips if they had any less of the shooters they have? A combo of Wiggins+Wiseman is better than AG+Ross. Bro that's just terrible value to move from #2 overall. We need more picks from them

Please....please. Someone put a different name on Gordon...a new name. Now watch him and you'll release you're still imaging he's a great player. He's NOTTTTTTTTT. Solid player off the bench....not starter level on a championship team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors