Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,013

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#421 » by tbhawksfan1 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:38 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:I think that some of my fellow Hawks fans have a tendancy to get impatient and hasten the rebuild at the cost of flatening the peak.

This was true 1-2 year ago. Now we need to look at the cap. There's two ways to get a star, trade or FA.

We have max space this year and maybe next year. This year outside of Brandon Ingram or AD there's not really anyone else that would fit our team. Neither is going to come to Atlanta.

How are we going to get another top 20 player next to Trae? With this year's number 6 pick? I doubt we'll be in the lottery again. We need to make a trade or we'll end up like the pacers.

Unless AD wants to come, I think TS is going to sign a couple minimum vets to one year deals and maybe another to slightly better player to a one or two year deal. I think he's is going to try to improve the team enough to make a PO run, but continue to invest in developing his young picks.

I wish Hawks fans would show a little more faith in our young high picks. What is Hunter's and Cam's ceiling? Maybe high enough to develop another star internally.

TS can roll back his cap space for another year or two and still have max space if he signs cheap, short deals.

He has already indicated that he wants his guys to develop into the teams future stars, like what happened in GS.

I like his plan
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#422 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:53 pm

jayu70 wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:I'm of the opinion you need 3 top 20 players to win a championship. Right now AT BEST we have 2 with Collins unlikely to be in top 20, but maybe you could argue it.

Therefore we need to draft an elite player or trade for one

Unfortunately, there is no standout in this draft class. The way I see it, only trading for Giannis would put us in IMMEDIATE contender status.

Yeah we're not trading for Gianni's, he's not going to be interested in being on a lottery team.
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#423 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:56 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:I think that some of my fellow Hawks fans have a tendancy to get impatient and hasten the rebuild at the cost of flatening the peak.

This was true 1-2 year ago. Now we need to look at the cap. There's two ways to get a star, trade or FA.

We have max space this year and maybe next year. This year outside of Brandon Ingram or AD there's not really anyone else that would fit our team. Neither is going to come to Atlanta.

How are we going to get another top 20 player next to Trae? With this year's number 6 pick? I doubt we'll be in the lottery again. We need to make a trade or we'll end up like the pacers.

Unless AD wants to come, I think TS is going to sign a couple minimum vets to one year deals and maybe another to slightly better player to a one or two year deal. I think he's is going to try to improve the team enough to make a PO run, but continue to invest in developing his young picks.

I wish Hawks fans would show a little more faith in our young high picks. What is Hunter's and Cam's ceiling? Maybe high enough to develop another star internally.

TS can roll back his cap space for another year or two and still have max space if he signs cheap, short deals.

He has already indicated that he wants his guys to develop into the teams future stars, like what happened in GS.

I like his plan

It's not a bad plan but the lottery picks time is now over. We'll be in playoffs or maybe AT LEAST in contention this year meaning no more top 5 picks.

And we have one year until Collins extension kicks in assuming he resign for around max. This means we got one year to see who that third star will be, if it's Cam or Hunter, great... But if neither is that player we're out of luck for a while.
Commit to the process
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,868

Post#424 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:16 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:I'm of the opinion you need 3 top 20 players to win a championship. Right now AT BEST we have 2 with Collins unlikely to be in top 20, but maybe you could argue it.

Therefore we need to draft an elite player or trade for one

Unfortunately, there is no standout in this draft class. The way I see it, only trading for Giannis would put us in IMMEDIATE contender status.

Yeah we're not trading for Gianni's, he's not going to be interested in being on a lottery team.

Why don't you give us an idea of how you would go about getting that other top 20 player in lieu of just saying it. We're all sharing our ideas of how we improve the team to hopefully get there.
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#425 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:29 pm

I doubt Embiid will be available but

Consider trading for Embiid - Collins/Huerter/#6. Not sure it would get done without Collins but I think Embiid should be the target.

Once you trade Collins you can still hope for FA in a year with reddish/Trae/Embiid core
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#426 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Hunter, Huerter, #6 for Oladipo would work
Commit to the process
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#427 » by kg01 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:47 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Hunter, Huerter, #6 for Oladipo would work

Uh, no it wouldn't considering that's likely a LOladipo rental.
king01 :king:
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#428 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:51 pm

kg01 wrote:

You're right. I guess he's a FA target in a year
Commit to the process
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,868

Post#429 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:36 pm

Oh noooo. That's just too much. Considering injury and contract extention. Is Oladipo top 20 to you? He had 1 'great' year.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#430 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:11 pm

kg01 wrote:

Stealing this, but yeah Vic has made it clear he’s Miami-bound.

My only preferred, decently gettable trade targets are Simmons or Levert. If they’re off the table then I rather stand pat and shore up the bench in FAcy.
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#431 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:47 pm

jayu70 wrote:

Oh noooo. That's just too much. Considering injury and contract extention. Is Oladipo top 20 to you? He had 1 'great' year.

Agree it's too much. I didn't realize his contract situation. I am not sure he's top 20 but he's probably 30 (assuming health) and if price to get him is more reasonable like Huerter + pick or we can get him in FA I think it would be a solid move.

I don't think Brandon Ingram is available if he was he would be a good fit too IMO, especially without giving up any major assets.
Commit to the process
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#432 » by Spud2nique » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Only for a second. How bout this.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8w6clnq

Hawks get : Marcus Smart + celts 2020 (14th overall) +2022 second rounder

Celts get: Dewayne Dedmon+ hawks 2020 (6th overall)+2022 OKC 1st (top 14 protected)
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#433 » by kg01 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:42 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

My only preferred, decently gettable trade targets are Simmons or Levert. If they’re off the table then I rather stand pat and shore up the bench in FAcy.

Simmons? Yeah

Levert? Eh. Smells like bad-team leading scorer type. I'm not convinced.
king01 :king:
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#434 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:42 am

kg01 wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Simmons? Yeah

Well he wouldn’t be coming in to take over, but he fits the job description of taking pressure off Trae, creating offense, and being active and aware on defense more than Big Kev (who I still want to keep). I don’t think he’s empty stats, I think he’s just not meant to be a 1st option, luckily we have Trae and JC.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#435 » by King Ken » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:18 am

Considering the market and the weaker draft.

Hawks need to be in the market to buy picks, especially a 1st rounder, find teams with salary issues and take on their productive players for free and just continue to build around our core 5 + #6 and Capela.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#436 » by King Ken » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:19 am

This is pure rubbish. We arent none of these for a rental unless its Giannis and even then, only #6 and Collins or we out. You must hate the Hawks.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#437 » by King Ken » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:22 am

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:

Simmons? Yeah

Well he wouldn’t be coming in to take over, but he fits the job description of taking pressure off Trae, creating offense, and being active and aware on defense more than Big Kev (who I still want to keep). I don’t think he’s empty stats, I think he’s just not meant to be a 1st option, luckily we have Trae and JC.

I'll pass on LeVert too and I'll pass on it for Brooklyn as well. Why trade him? I wouldn't and why trade for him if I am Atlanta
King Ken
General Manager

Post#438 » by King Ken » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:24 am

saloonyk8 wrote:Any way to get a good deal for Embiid without giving up Collins?

Hunter/Huerter/This year's pick?

Probably not:

How about Pick/Huerter/Collins

Embiid is a bad fit for us. Great player nonetheless plus he would cost too much for us.

I think OKC or Toronto would be a good fit for him
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#439 » by saloonyk8 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:46 pm

King Ken wrote:

This is pure rubbish. We arent none of these for a rental unless its Giannis and even then, only #6 and Collins or we out. You must hate the Hawks.

Already corrected in that one I didn't know oladipo contract situation
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#440 » by saloonyk8 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Looks like Brett brown out so unlikely for Simmons it Embiid trades
Commit to the process

Return to Atlanta Hawks