ImageImageImageImage

Brooklyn Nets is trying to trade for a third superstar

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

Brooklyn Nets is trying to trade for a third superstar 

Post#1 » by MasterGMer » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:03 am

https://clutchpoints.com/nets-3-superstars-to-pair-with-kyrie-irving-and-kevin-durant/

Brooklyn Nets is trying to trade Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert, and Jarett Allen with their picks for Ben Simmons, Bradley Beal or Victor Oladipo

If they do accomplish that, will they dominate Eastern Conference for years to come?

That also put us in a sense of urgency in the trade market. I'd trade Bamba + Gordon for Andrew Wiggins and No.2 pick plus keeping our 15th pick

Also should we try to trade for Bradley Beal. Dude I think is the best SG in the league
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Brooklyn Nets is trying to trade for a third superstar 

Post#2 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:18 am

Victor Oladipo?? Lol
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#3 » by cedric76 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:36 am

Vuc
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#4 » by MoMM » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:59 am

Except for Beal, the other deals they would be overpaying a lot, IMO.

KG+Pierce to Nets comes to mind...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#5 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:22 am

Durant loves Vuc...
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#6 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:30 am

I think the Sixers are gonna have a fire sale
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,275

Post#7 » by pepe1991 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:57 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I think the Sixers are gonna have a fire sale

It's amazing how they menaged to shoot themselfs in the knee over just 3 years.
They literally had starting lineup on their hand of:

Simmons- JJ Redick-Tatum- Šarić (Covington) and Embiid.

With multiple terrible trades, 3 years later they pay Horford ( 3 playoff games - 5 ,00 ppg, 40% FG) $28M and Tobias Harris (14 ppg, 33% Fg ), $33M and they start some below Terrence Ross level players like guy named Shake (Milton) , guy named Mattisse ( irrelevant second name )and guy named Josh ( Richardson)

Complete meltdown. But this is what happends when you change front office every year and half. Complete lack of plan, direction or patience to see it through.

If i'm them i would simply trade Embiid, take picks, and build whole new team around SImmons. And sell Horford for whatever is needed to get him off books. Praying that amnesty date on his contract comes soon.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#8 » by cedric76 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:33 am

They didn't trust the process
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#9 » by drsd » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:53 pm

MasterGMer wrote:https://clutchpoints.com/nets-3-superstars-to-pair-with-kyrie-irving-and-kevin-durant/

Brooklyn Nets is trying to trade Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert, and Jarett Allen with their picks for Ben Simmons, Bradley Beal or Victor Oladipo

If they do accomplish that, will they dominate Eastern Conference for years to come?

That also put us in a sense of urgency in the trade market. I'd trade Bamba + Gordon for Andrew Wiggins and No.2 pick plus keeping our 15th pick

Also should we try to trade for Bradley Beal. Dude I think is the best SG in the league

You have Orlando carrying 3 rookies. That won't happen.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,323

Post#10 » by Knightro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:06 pm

drsd wrote:You have Orlando carrying 3 rookies. That won't happen.

I have no idea why you keep suggesting this.

The Magic carried 3 rookies in two of the first three seasons of the Weltman/Hammond regime.

They've literally carried 3 rookies more often than they haven't.

Now...

I agree that they wouldn't put Clifford in a position to have *play* three rookies, but there's no reason why won't carry 3 of 15 rookies on the roster.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#11 » by fendilim » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:46 pm

MasterGMer wrote:https://clutchpoints.com/nets-3-superstars-to-pair-with-kyrie-irving-and-kevin-durant/

Why would the warriors do that??? Lol
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#12 » by j-ragg » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Vucevic is a star, look at these past 2 games! Trade for him!
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#13 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:23 pm

And here poor Orlando is just looking for their...second

jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#14 » by jonbob17 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:05 pm

The Nets will be interesting next year. Really curious what Durant's game is going to look like. No question he will be able to shoot, but what about the rest of his game. I suspect they are a top 4 team, but I am not going to say they are ready to dominate. A third player of this caliber could easily change my mind.
I am not sure they need a Beal. Simmons would be super interesting with Brooklyn as a Point Center.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,586

Post#15 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:00 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

With multiple terrible trades, 3 years later they pay Horford ( 3 playoff games - 5 ,00 ppg, 40% FG) $28M and Tobias Harris (14 ppg, 33% Fg ), $33M and they start some below Terrence Ross level players like guy named Shake (Milton) , guy named Mattisse ( irrelevant second name )and guy named Josh ( Richardson)

Complete meltdown. But this is what happends when you change front office every year and half. Complete lack of plan, direction or patience to see it through.

If i'm them i would simply trade Embiid, take picks, and build whole new team around SImmons. And sell Horford for whatever is needed to get him off books. Praying that amnesty date on his contract comes soon.

Completely agree. Its crazy how Philly missed up such a good thing. It all started with the Fultz trade.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#16 » by Max Power » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:49 pm

To me it’s foolish for the Nets to tinker too much with what they have going for them next season. They were a playoff team with great chemistry without Durant and Irving. You’re adding them next year, and with that depth and supporting cast they’ll be a contender. I think ridding themselves is Dinwiddie, Lavert and Allen will backfire beyond measure. Those guys and Joe Harris are the soul of that team. Durant is a bit of a question mark, but I think he’ll be fine. The real issue for me is Irving, who I think will prove to be a cancer for yet another team. Teams are better off without him.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#17 » by Skin » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:44 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:And here poor Orlando is just looking for their...second

That is the most hilarious looking picture of him ever. Great find! :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#18 » by GelbeWand09 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:42 am

Max Power wrote:To me it’s foolish for the Nets to tinker too much with what they have going for them next season. They were a playoff team with great chemistry without Durant and Irving. You’re adding them next year, and with that depth and supporting cast they’ll be a contender. I think ridding themselves is Dinwiddie, Lavert and Allen will backfire beyond measure. Those guys and Joe Harris are the soul of that team. Durant is a bit of a question mark, but I think he’ll be fine. The real issue for me is Irving, who I think will prove to be a cancer for yet another team. Teams are better off without him.

Problem is i think they cant keep Dinwiddie anyway on his next contract (+ he needs the ball in his hands because he is no shooter which wont work with KD & Irving back in the lineup.) & Allen is a strange player. He fills up every boxscore number for a great def. big but than you watch him play & he is the softest defender in the leaque.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#19 » by drsd » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Knightro wrote:
drsd wrote:You have Orlando carrying 3 rookies. That won't happen.

I have no idea why you keep suggesting this.

The Magic carried 3 rookies in two of the first three seasons of the Weltman/Hammond regime.

They've literally carried 3 rookies more often than they haven't.

Now...

I agree that they wouldn't put Clifford in a position to have *play* three rookies, but there's no reason why won't carry 3 of 15 rookies on the roster.

Assuming Founrier and Ennis opt in, and I assume this is about Edwards at #2 and then getting Tyrell Terry at #15, by nbadraft.net

the roster would start as:
Fultz/Terry
Fournier/Edwards
Wiggins/Ross
Aminu/Okeke/Ennis
Vučević/Birch

Perhaps Carter-Williams is resigned. And then a Kaminsky-type could finalise the depth chart. That would be:

Fultz/Carter-Williams/Terry
Fournier/Edwards
Wiggins/Ross
Aminu/Okeke/Ennis
Vučević/Birch/Kaminsky

Hmm. Not sure what one can do to defend this roster.

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#20 » by SD2042 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:13 am

pepe1991 wrote:

The Sixers will save face by keeping the both of them until after next season. After that, all bets are off.

The Sixers front office is one of the problems. They were reckless in spending money on Tobias Harris and Al Horford. Good luck getting some team willing to take on those contracts.

As for Simmons and Embiid, these two players are betas. For the skills they are good at, they lack leadership, maturity, and the killer instict neccessary to lead the Sixers to a championship. Unless the Sixers can acquire an alpha player to go alongside Simmons and Embiid, one of them or both of them will be gone after next season.

Return to Orlando Magic