ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:27 pm

With Harris out of the bubble and the Nets down 2-0 I feel like this thread is probably going to be topical pretty soon :(

Picks are set:
#19 via Philly
#55 via Denver

Picks to watch: #17 (our pick sent to minny via Atl) and #47 (our pick to Boston)

Our pick should be VERY interesting. Given Marks rarely goes with whats mocked, pulls a name out of left field, is active in trades, and "Need" could be anything from PG to C based on his plans to deal or not deal Levert/Dinwiddie/Allen the possibilities are endless.

Lets hear who you like, and rumors
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Guys I like for us...

Daniel Oturu I LOVE this dude the same way and for the same reasons i loved Montrez Harrell (still hate we didnt take him and he went to round 2). Guys is a super energy super active worker. scored 20 points a game basically by being big and active (also has a knack of getting open near the rim like allen). Defensively he has great potential. 7'4" wingspan, and plays alot bigger than 6'10". Solid jumper as well. Great rebounder. would be an instant fan favorite.

Kira Lewis, Jr. Sick handle, good Athlete, tons of energy. end to end guy. digs in defensively. very good form three off the pull up. can get to the rim and finish. if we trade dinwiddie and/or levert id snatch this guy up in a second. If we dont trade them id still take him. He has "IT" factor. 2-way guy whose game is NBA ready day 1. My hope is this years combine is scaled back and he isnt the riser i thin he is and we can get him at 19.

Peyton Pritchard Dude can flat out shoot and score. awesome shooter off the dribble. excellent ball handler. high tempo end to end. another guy with an "IT" factor. could be isntant scoring off the bench.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#3 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Got to get more inform with the draftees but Saddiq Bey is someone I’m crushing at the moment... size and shooting potential from 3 is something we don’t have... Got to think what works best right now with Durant and Irving.... a 3 n D hustler at good size, 6’8.....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#4 » by MGrand15 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:48 pm

I just don't see us keeping this pick so I can't really get invested here. If we do, I see us gunning for a big defensive wing.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#5 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:09 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I just don't see us keeping this pick so I can't really get invested here. If we do, I see us gunning for a big defensive wing.

Which is why we are going to keep this pick unless some big blockbuster trade is brewing involving other pieces. We need some more youthful athleticism and 19th is the highest pick we’ve had since Sean Marks took over. LeVert was 20, Allen was 22. Multiple mocks have us in range for Cole Anthony and RJ Hampton. We might luck into another quality pick and this draft seems to be that kind of draft.

So, we can get another foundational cost controlled player to develop with this pick alongside Claxton, Allen. No need to deal this pick for no reason whatsoever.

I’d deal Kurucs/Musa strictly to absorb the cap of the pick, If necessary.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:29 pm

We need an athletic/defensive wing. We need to start constructing this roster towards beating Toronto, Boston and Milwaukee.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#7 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:We need an athletic/defensive wing. We need to start constructing this roster towards beating Toronto, Boston and Milwaukee.

Precious Achiuwa, Saddiq Bey, Tyler Bey, Patrick Williams, Josh Green, Jalen Smith.

We need to hit on one of those guys.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#8 » by Claud » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:35 pm

I wonder what 19th pick + one of Dinwiddie or Caris can fetch us?

Is there a player in the draft worth moving up for? Haven't really watched College hoops this season.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,584

Post#9 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Claud wrote:I wonder what 19th pick + one of Dinwiddie or Caris can fetch us?

Is there a player in the draft worth moving up for? Haven't really watched College hoops this season.

With the way that teams are going to be strapped for cash next year I think the full cash considerations ($5.6 mill) and a few 2nds or Kurucs could move us up to the early teens.

Patrick Williams, Aaron Nesmith and Saddiq Bey are guys who are worth moving up for.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#10 » by ProspectPark » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Jordan Nwora
6-7, 220 Small Forward
Louisville Junior

A 6’7’’, 215-pound forward with effortless scoring abilities … A catch and shoot threat, lets the ball go with a high and quick release … His feet are almost always set when he catches the basketball … As a sophomore at Louisville, he took advantage of his expanded role, leading the team in scoring (17.0 ppg) … Excels at navigating his way to the rim, where he proceeds to finish effectively … Possesses a high IQ and awareness, which is critical to his scoring ability … Plays a controlled, cerebral game … Knows to pull up for floater when he sees a defender stepping in position to take a charge … Above average ball-handling skills … His height and length allows him to shoot over smaller defenders … A great off ball defender … Makes the right reads, knowing when to switch or help … Crashes the boards, averaged 7.6 rebounds per game this past season … His height, wingspan, scoring skillset and strong rebounding abilities make him a very versatile and attractive prospect … Sneaky athlete. Will surprise defenders and get up for a dunk, more athletic than he appears … High character, mature, well spoken individual …

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/jordan-nwora/
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:07 am

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:We need an athletic/defensive wing. We need to start constructing this roster towards beating Toronto, Boston and Milwaukee.

Precious Achiuwa, Saddiq Bey, Tyler Bey, Patrick Williams, Josh Green, Jalen Smith.

Bey is the optimal choice. 6'8 and has legit defensive chops.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#12 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 am

Need to find a seasoned wing that can give us minutes off the bench. I know nothing about this draft though.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#13 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

No one:

Exotic dancers when James Harden walks in the club:

"Precious Bey is my real name."
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#14 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:26 pm

I don't think Marks can draft for fit here unless he thinks for fit player, is BPA. This is because if this pick isn't traded before or on draft night, the player selected there must remain a league-wide desirable asset, especially for a team about to blow it up.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#15 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:32 am

I'd be fairly surprised if the pick is on the roster next year. We have 11 guys currently under contract, not counting Joe, Temple & FAs. Barring a real consolidation of assets, I don't see us having roster room for a rookie. I could see us trying to stash somebody or kicking the pick back a year like we did last year.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#16 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:47 am

TheNetsFan wrote:I'd be fairly surprised if the pick is on the roster next year. We have 11 guys currently under contract, not counting Joe, Temple & FAs. Barring a real consolidation of assets, I don't see us having roster room for a rookie. I could see us trying to stash somebody or kicking the pick back a year like we did last year.

It’s a lot more likely we trade the pick entirely in a deal for an established player then trade out entirely for a stash or future pick. Most teams who would do that will wind up in the mid 20’s next draft in all likelihood, that’s terrible value and it’s rare to use a pick that high(19th) on a stash player.

More likely he trades Musa or Rodi for a future 2nd imo.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#17 » by Claud » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:35 pm

The good thing about the bubble is that it gave us a good idea of what we have with our young players.

Guys like Rodi, TLC, Vert, Allen, etc played major minutes against tough oppositions in games that matter.

Personally, I was in the "let's wait and see what we have" camp for a long time but I'm starting to move to maybe we should make a move.

I definatelly think Marks will make a move now.

I think the roster overall is very talented but maybe we can combine some of those pieces for one blue chip.

Beal could be that guy, but I'm still iffy on if he's the piece we need to compete next season for the title.

Once KD and Kyrie are back on the court our championship window begins. We can't waste it. It's rare.

Marks has been good drafter and I'm sure we could pick up a good prospect at 19 but I think it will be traded.

Very excited for next season, in Marks we trust.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:50 am

MGrand15 wrote:I just don't see us keeping this pick so I can't really get invested here. If we do, I see us gunning for a big defensive wing.

hit us with some trade options for it
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:51 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Bey will end up top 8. and i dont see us moving up for a rookie being in win now mode.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#20 » by kamaze » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:48 am

I like Patrick Williams if they go for a small forward, and Jalen Smith if they want a big.

If they have to move up to get Patrick Williams send a 2nd round pick and cash he's got athleticism and some dog in him.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets