Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Re: Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package 

Post#41 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:15 am

steveshikadance wrote:
HiRez wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:Basically Minny paid us a first round pick to unload Wiggins' contract and got D'Lo for free. Terrible deal.
It's crazy we also gave a pick to Memphis and Iguodala to clear cap space for D'Lo juat to unload him for free after a few months.

That Minny pick is a likely top 15 or even top 10 pick in what’s projected to be a loaded draft, it’s a huge asset that opens up a lot of possibilities for us. The jury is still out on the whole series of transactions and we don’t know the final result yet.

it's funny to see ppl overvalue DLo so much, guy has been traded 3 times and played for 4 teams in 5 seasons, there is obviously a reason for that, teams didn't want him, Wolves wanted him becuz KAT is friends with him.

The whole point is: why dump a good player (Iguodala) and a pick to get D'Lo if he's not worth anything.
The Minnesota pick is a good asset, but Wiggins contract is a negative asset, so Minny had to pay to get rid of him.
I get the reason was to get younger, but on a pure asset management standpoint it's not ideal.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#42 » by vagelis » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:46 am

Warriors wanted Wiggins the player and they dont care about his contract. They are over cap space anyway with Dlo or Wiggins.
The trade was Dlo for Wiggins. The pick seems that will not be a high pick.
Wiggins can score over 20 points created by himself if he has enough touches. He creates and scores.
That is far more important than what a role player like Covington does, who is waiting from others, assisted points.
And take into account that Wiggins plays a lot better when he is motivated. I think that he will find a lot more motivation in a contender like Warriors than in Minesota.
Look how many big contracts play well in regular season and cannot perform when it matters in play offs. Wiggins is the opposite he plays better against higher competition.
Just look his performances all these years against Lebron and against Warriors.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,254

Post#43 » by Onus » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:11 pm

vagelis wrote:Warriors wanted Wiggins the player and they dont care about his contract. They are over cap space anyway with Dlo or Wiggins.
Wiggins can score over 20 points created by himself if he has enough touches. He creates and scores.
That is far more important than what a role player like Covington does, who is waiting from others, assisted points.
And take into account that Wiggins plays a lot better when he is motivated. I think that he will find a lot more motivation in a contender like Warriors than in Minesota.
Look how many big contracts play well in regular season and cannot perform when it matters in play offs. Wiggins is the opposite he plays better against higher competition.

Who are the wolves going to be better than next year in the west. They will most likely not be making the playoffs. It will be a lottery pick just where in the lottery is the question.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#44 » by BayWarrior » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:31 pm

Think about what GS does have. Curry and Klay should be taking most of the shots on this team. WIggins had to be a #1 or #2 option in Minny, now he just needs to run the floor play some defense, slash and take high percentage shots and open 3's. Green is who he is and won't need to shoot as much with Curry, Klay and Wiggins on the floor. What is missing is the Bogut, Javale replacement and while becoming as effective as a prime Bogut is questionable, Wiseman can easily replicate Javale and hopefully shoot a little better. All these trades including WIggins and the pick will leave a hole in the starting lineup at the 3 position again. If wiggins absolutely sucks balls next season then unload him and the Minny pick next year.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#45 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:18 pm

BayWarrior wrote:Think about what GS does have. Curry and Klay should be taking most of the shots on this team. WIggins had to be a #1 or #2 option in Minny, now he just needs to run the floor play some defense, slash and take high percentage shots and open 3's. Green is who he is and won't need to shoot as much with Curry, Klay and Wiggins on the floor. What is missing is the Bogut, Javale replacement and while becoming as effective as a prime Bogut is questionable, Wiseman can easily replicate Javale and hopefully shoot a little better. All these trades including WIggins and the pick will leave a hole in the starting lineup at the 3 position again. If wiggins absolutely sucks balls next season then unload him and the Minny pick next year.

To your point, it would make sense to wait until the trade deadline to gauge a big move like that. Will give us and other teams a good sample size of how things are going.

I don’t see how the perceived value of Wiggins can go lower than it is. Playing with the Warriors would only enhance the way he’s perceived.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#46 » by HiRez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Onus wrote:
vagelis wrote:Warriors wanted Wiggins the player and they dont care about his contract. They are over cap space anyway with Dlo or Wiggins.

Who are the wolves going to be better than next year in the west. They will most likely not be making the playoffs. It will be a lottery pick just where in the lottery is the question.

I think he meant the pick the Warriors sent to the Grizz would likely not be high?
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#47 » by vagelis » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Onus wrote:

Yes I agree that they will probably not be in play offs in western conference, I think this is true. But I think they will end up better than many teams from eastern conference.
They have the first pick and I think that they will do moves to win more now. That is the feeling I get from Rosas.
So, I think that it will be a low lottery pick
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#48 » by shazam_guy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:05 pm

It is now clear that the California fire disaster was caused by too many hot takes.

Somebody watched Wiggins for two weeks (at most) and he's trash? Okay.

We wasted everything to get DLo and got nothing in return? Okay.

We were losing Durant. Getting DLo was a really smart bit of maneuvering, otherwise we would have had nothing.

Take Wiseman. He'll contribute. He's a big man who can actually shoot a bit and make free throws and guard the rim, plus he can run the court. Most years we would be thrilled to have that possibility. If we'd had an entire season to see him in college, there might be no possibility Minny would bypass him. As it is, there's a good chance he'll fall to us.

If you package it, you'd better get someone worthwhile -- and make sure you find an actual NBA small forward to replace him if you dump Wiggins. Klay is a great 2-guard. Don't make him a mediocre 3.
Yao4REAL
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#49 » by Yao4REAL » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:03 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:I, and I think the Warriors, value Wiggins more than most. I also don't value Embiid the way many seem to.

Some of these huge trades people are proposing seem to be wildly overpaying to get Embiid.

I think that's the 'problem'. To move a Wiseman...or Obi Topin...Deni...whatever high potential cheap talent AND Wiggins...Warriors have to see an obvious upgrade. Giannis....AD...those are the only players that might be on the market that are obvious IMO when you consider fit...defensive skills.

Wiggins is an extremely good fit for this team. Upgrade from Barnes...only 25. This is a chance that he blossoms on this team.

Only other reason to move Wiggins and pick is to get under the cap...which means it would be a talent dump without replacing that talent?

I love trade talk...but unless it's AD, Embid, Giannis I don't see the Warriors getting better overall with a move.

I agreed. Unless it's one of those guys....they should just keep the draft which mean Wiseman and keep Wiggins. Wiggins ain't bad playing in the Warriors lineup with Curry and Klay coming back. Plus the Warriors have the EXCEPTIONS to upgrade their benches.
Yao4REAL
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#50 » by Yao4REAL » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:13 am

HiRez wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:Basically Minny paid us a first round pick to unload Wiggins' contract and got D'Lo for free. Terrible deal.
It's crazy we also gave a pick to Memphis and Iguodala to clear cap space for D'Lo juat to unload him for free after a few months.

That Minny pick is a likely top 15 or even top 10 pick in what’s projected to be a loaded draft, it’s a huge asset that opens up a lot of possibilities for us. The jury is still out on the whole series of transactions and we don’t know the final result yet.

I honestly think it's a bad deal. Had they kept D'Lo, they could have packaged him + #2 pick and STILL keep Iggy. Iggy is pretty valuable in the Death Lineup...sad to see him go. But #2 pick + D'Lo is much valuable than #2 pick + #1 pick from Minnesota.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#51 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Yao4REAL wrote:
HiRez wrote:

I honestly think it's a bad deal. Had they kept D'Lo, they could have packaged him + #2 pick and STILL keep Iggy. Iggy is pretty valuable in the Death Lineup...sad to see him go. But #2 pick + D'Lo is much valuable than #2 pick + #1 pick from Minnesota.

? DLo can't be a Warrior with Iggy still on the roster.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#52 » by ShayDee » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Guys, I'm not sure about Embiid. Is he a team player? Will he accept not getting touches? What can he do apart from isoing in the post? I mean yea he can block shots but He always seems out of shape and slow out there and turns the ball over alot for my liking and I'm sure Kerr's liking as well. Idk man. If he comes here and scores 15 and grabs 12 rebounds and shaq and all the media eat into him how will he feel? Would you rather have Embiid + scraps in FA or Wiseman + Wiggins
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#53 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:46 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Yao4REAL wrote:
HiRez wrote:That Minny pick is a likely top 15 or even top 10 pick in what’s projected to be a loaded draft, it’s a huge asset that opens up a lot of possibilities for us. The jury is still out on the whole series of transactions and we don’t know the final result yet.

? DLo can't be a Warrior with Iggy still on the roster.

;) details....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#54 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:47 am

ShayDee wrote:Guys, I'm not sure about Embiid. Is he a team player? Will he accept not getting touches? What can he do apart from isoing in the post? I mean yea he can block shots but He always seems out of shape and slow out there and turns the ball over alot for my liking and I'm sure Kerr's liking as well. Idk man. If he comes here and scores 15 and grabs 12 rebounds and shaq and all the media eat into him how will he feel? Would you rather have Embiid + scraps in FA or Wiseman + Wiggins

good call on the ISO thing with Embiid.....I forgot about his need to do his thing and slow the game down. I think I'm back off the Embiid bandwagon! lol
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#55 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:03 pm

ShayDee wrote:Guys, I'm not sure about Embiid. Is he a team player? Will he accept not getting touches? What can he do apart from isoing in the post? I mean yea he can block shots but He always seems out of shape and slow out there and turns the ball over alot for my liking and I'm sure Kerr's liking as well. Idk man. If he comes here and scores 15 and grabs 12 rebounds and shaq and all the media eat into him how will he feel? Would you rather have Embiid + scraps in FA or Wiseman + Wiggins

Embiid would become the best post player the Warriors' have had in decades. He just averaged 30 points a game in the playoffs against a good team while having 0 floor spacing around him. He'd absolutely crush people in the post with the Warriors because he'd be surrounded by shooters and it would be nearly impossible for teams to double him. Embiid was wildly effective playing next to JJ Redick and they got tons and tons of points off of dribble handoffs. Imagine Embiid in the post with Klay and Steph running split screens or Embiid as the screener up top crushing Steph's defender and freeing him up off-ball. Imagine Steph getting picks from Embiid at the top of the key or Steph setting back screens for Embiid. Imagine Embiid and Klay surrounded by Lee, Mulder, and one other shooter destroying bench lineups. Embiid would be a dream fit in Kerr's system. Anyone who wants Wiseman and Wiggins over him is tripping.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#56 » by TB » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:18 pm

It really feels like Embiid is going to be a Warrior.

Yes, there is a large part of me that is so fascinated by the draft that i'd love to build the future with Wiseman and 2 first rounders next year.... I think its the Cousins experiment that has me worried. Embiid doesn't play the Warriors style of hoops, has an injury history, and moves like an old man.... its a tad worrisome.

But then reality hits that we got about 2 years to get our core 3 another title. And Embiid is clearly going to be better the next 2-3 years compared to Wiseman.

I'll be able to talk myself into either option, win now with Embiid... or try to win one while developing some young stars for the future.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#57 » by xdrta+ » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:56 pm

With the injury problems Embiid has had, the sheer number of games he has missed, I don't know how anyone can be confident going forward with him.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#58 » by WarriorGM » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:18 pm

If the Clippers get eliminated by the Mavs maybe Playoff P becomes available. The question would then be: do you want him?
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#59 » by ShayDee » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:37 pm

My God, If we trade this pick for Magic role players. smh. Only player I will consider is Vuc
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#60 » by HiRez » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:00 pm

xdrta+ wrote:With the injury problems Embiid has had, the sheer number of games he has missed, I don't know how anyone can be confident going forward with him.

That’s my biggest concern with Embiid as well. You can’t predict injuries but his history isn’t great and it’s not just one thing, there’s been a bunch of them. Basically expect him to miss 1/3 of RS games and who knows in the playoffs but injuries generally only pile up as the season goes on.

Second thing I don’t like is his Bogut-Biedrins level free throw shooting.

That said, no doubt he’s a beast when healthy and would fix a bunch of things for us.

But those of you saying I’d rather have Embiid than Wiseman, sure, but remember you’re going to have to give up significant assets to get him.

Return to Golden State Warriors