ImageImageImage

1:00 PM Eastern Time, Celtics at Sixers Game 4

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Re: 1:00 PM Eastern Time, Celtics at Sixers Game 4 

Post#281 » by the_process » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Have they announced the Josh Harris end of year presser time yet?
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#282 » by phillynative » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Embiid is so quick to say how great the organization is but here's the thing he's judging them based on how they are as people not their basketball decisions. They have to get some guys in here that know basketball inside and out. While there at it get some guys in here that are not afraid to get on him and ben. His post season comment speaks volumes.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#283 » by nurseryc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Embiid leading us to a 0-4 sweep lmao

This can’t be said enough
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#284 » by TTP » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:08 pm

Arsenal wrote:Kemba Walker - we don't need that guy! Let's get Al Horford instead!

Man I remember before he signed his extension, people didn't want us to be the team that paid a 33 year old Lowry. Little did we know that our prize would be 33 year old Horford instead. With Lowry, we'd be a championship contender.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#285 » by Negrodamus » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:11 pm

nurseryc wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Embiid leading us to a 0-4 sweep lmao

This can’t be said enough

I think once was enough.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#286 » by VDT » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#287 » by Sixerscan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:22 pm

TTP wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Kemba Walker - we don't need that guy! Let's get Al Horford instead!

Man I remember before he signed his extension, people didn't want us to be the team that paid a 33 year old Lowry. Little did we know that our prize would be 33 year old Horford instead. With Lowry, we'd be a championship contender.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised at how well Lowry has held up. Generally not the case with players like him. I guess maybe being a role player at the start of his career limited his miles?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#288 » by Sixerscan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:24 pm

phillynative wrote:Embiid is so quick to say how great the organization is but here's the thing he's judging them based on how they are as people not their basketball decisions. They have to get some guys in here that know basketball inside and out. While there at it get some guys in here that are not afraid to get on him and ben. His post season comment speaks volumes.

If guys are getting fired there's no reason to say something negative about them.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,933

Post#289 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:25 pm

VDT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep he gone.
Horrible takes since 2016
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#290 » by Stanford » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:32 pm

Ha, that does sound like a guy on his way out.
VDT
Analyst

Post#291 » by VDT » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:44 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
VDT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep he gone.

It's hard to say what's going on.

I think when he says he wants to finish his career here it is genuine.

Probably feels that they are trying to push him out. Going back to Colangelo it seemed based on the comments of his wife(?) that they didnt want him here. Then last summer they let go of everyone he was close to and build a dysfunctional roster that doenst help him and sign Horford at 27mil that plays his position. One could even think that Simmons refusal to shoot 3s and his more energetic play in games that Embiid was not playing was some kind of power play within the organization.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,933

Post#292 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 pm

VDT wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
VDT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep he gone.

Probably feels that they are trying to push him out. Going back to Colangelo it seemed based on the comments of his wife(?) that they didnt want him here. Then last summer they let go of everyone he was close to and build a dysfunctional roster that doenst help him and sign Horford at 27mil that plays his position. One could even think that Simmons refusal to shoot 3s and his more energetic play in games that Embiid was not playing was some kind of power play within the organization.

Yeah, my impression with all the signings, the Jimmy saga, etc, is that we never wanted to build around Embiid, I think it is unfair and that he has never had the proper talent and players around him to maximize his abilities. This FO probably wants a modern team and not a dinosaur offense built around Embiid, it is unfair in the sense that we will never know how good such offense could be when paired with shooters + a shot creator, but it is what it is, we chose Simmons more than a year ago, it's just that nobody noticed it.
Horrible takes since 2016
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#293 » by Stanford » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:52 pm

VDT wrote:I think when he says he wants to finish his career here it is genuine.

I think you are pretty much entirely accurate.
VDT
Analyst

Post#294 » by VDT » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
VDT wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Yep he gone.

Yeah, my impression with all the signings, the Jimmy saga, etc, is that we never wanted to build around Embiid, I think it is unfair and that he has never had the proper talent and players around him to maximize his abilities. This FO probably wants a modern team and not a dinosaur offense built around Embiid, it is unfair in the sense that we will never know how good such offense could be when paired with shooters + a shot creator, but it is what it is, we chose Simmons more than a year ago, it's just that nobody noticed it.

I wouldnt call it a dinosaur offense. Is Kawhi shooting mid range jumpers a dinosaur also? Or is Lebron drive and kick offense modern? Spurs in 2014 and Warriors in 2015 were the only champions that played "modern" offense.

It might be that Colangelo and Brand didnt want to build around Embiid and preferred to build around Colangelo's draft pick, however based on their actions i wouldnt really trust their judgement.

It seems in hindsight, that the guys from the previous regime (Brown, Embiid) were the only ones that genuinely tried to make it work despite their flaws, while the FO and Simmons(?) had other goals.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#295 » by Tomjas » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
VDT wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Yep he gone.

This roster is bad for Simmons
phillynative
General Manager

Post#296 » by phillynative » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Currently watching this dallas vs clippers game with envy. Shooters and shotcreators everywhere on the floor jeez
phillynative
General Manager

Post#297 » by phillynative » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Meanwhile luka out here looking like a modern day Larry bird with handles in only his 2nd season. It's not fair *pouts*
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#298 » by Arsenal » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:48 pm

phillynative wrote:Meanwhile luka out here looking like a modern day Larry bird with handles in only his 2nd season. It's not fair *pouts*

Yes it is fair. We have idiots and morons in charge of the team. Stupidity, arrogance, and hubris should hurt. It's a fundamental law of nature.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#299 » by phillynative » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Arsenal wrote:
phillynative wrote:Meanwhile luka out here looking like a modern day Larry bird with handles in only his 2nd season. It's not fair *pouts*

Yes it is fair. We have idiots and morons in charge of the team. Stupidity, arrogance, and hubris should hurt. It's a fundamental law of nature.

But It's not fair to us ! lol
VDT
Analyst

Post#300 » by VDT » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:19 pm

Doncic in his second year is what people were hoping Simmons would be offensively at some point. Meanwhile Simmons still has trouble driving to the basket and people get crazy every time he decides to shoot a 3.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers