Round 1, Game 4: Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:57 am

It feels like Denver's last chance. If they lose it's pretty much over. They really need to bring it or I have a feeling their coach won't be staying there for long.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#2 » by stitches » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:48 am

I just hope we don't suffer any complacency. We need to ride the wave and not let up. Just finish them while they are obviously struggling.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Re: Round 1, Game 4: Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets 

Post#3 » by TNJazz » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:25 pm

This is an important game for the mental aspect of the Jazz. Denver will come out with a purpose and be very aggressive. The Jazz need to hang in there a bit, be patient, trust each other and the system that has throttled Denver the last two games, then punch back hard. Denver has proven they are not a strong willed team the last two games, hopefully the Jazz have learned how destructive that can be and will be strong mentally. How dangerous will they be when they can combine the talent they have and be mentally tough enough to withstand the difficult portions of a series!
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#4 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:16 pm

The Jazz are on a mission that doesn't appear to be stoppable. However, Adam Silver always has a few tricks up his sleeve when trying to extend a series. Utah's biggest achilles' heel is when the refs take Gobert out of the game by calling ticky tack fouls early. If the refs are calling the game in a way that limits Rudy's impact, Utah will be in a bad position. Otherwise, the Jazz should continue to dominate the buttnuggets.

GO JAZZ!!!

:rock:
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#5 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:02 am

Spida - McOnly - Ol'Man Aussie - Royce - Stumps

Monte - Jamal - Grant - Millsap - The Joker

No surprises.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
MeestR
Analyst
And1: 429

Post#6 » by MeestR » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:39 am

I kinda love the way Jokic hangs his head every time Rudy scores on him.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#7 » by tugs » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:15 am

Spida doing too much at the moment not sure why

Niang though looking like Antawn Jamison with those floaters, only -2x the speed
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#8 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:36 am

DEN isn't playing that different... just some minot twists in the rotation and adjusting The Joker to play more off the ball to let Jamal run his own show.
They try to run faster and that's it.

Utah, they're lacking proactivity.
Aren't doing nothing particularly wrong but can't prevent DEN to command the game tempo.

Clarkson looking more Spida than the real Spida.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,279

Post#9 » by babyjax13 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:56 am

Wow, that was a fun game. Now we have three chances to put it away. Denver has Gary Harris coming back, so that will make it more interesting, but I really hope we can do it.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#10 » by vryadli » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:56 am

That was not just 50, that was very efficient 50 plus 7 assists and only 4 TO. I say "only" because TO are associated not with assists only for a scorer you have to take attempts number with some coefficient.

Clarkson was very efficient too.

That of course has to do something with famous Nuggets defense and it will be very interesting, really interestiing to see how much it will be sustained against next team, which will definitely play more traditional defense (i.e. at least normally competitive PO defense or better)
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#11 » by stitches » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:07 am

Read on Twitter

^Yeah... if you can't win a game with 16 more "true shot attempts" you are in trouble. This game had all the makings of a let down gameand a game you shouldn't win and we still managed to win it. This team is turning into what I imagined it could be before the season and before all those trash games and selfishness unfolded during the season. I hope it's more than just a favorable matchup and we can 1. close the series and 2. transfer it going forward.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#12 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:32 am

+16 true shooting possessions is ridiculous. How did we win that game? We had no business being in that game at all, but we led for most of the second half because we get a free layup every time we run a PnR. The only thing that changes with DEN's different coverages is the person who gets to shoot the layup/dunk.
JazzfaninCO
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#13 » by JazzfaninCO » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:44 am

Mentally preparing myself from having games where the refs are helping us to a series where Luka or the Clips get all the calls lol. Idk if the refs just don’t like the way Murray and Jokic complain or something but they’ve played a little 5 on 8 and I LOVE it.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#14 » by Catchall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:49 am

KqWIN wrote:+16 true shooting possessions is ridiculous. How did we win that game? We had no business being in that game at all, but we led for most of the second half because we get a free layup every time we run a PnR. The only thing that changes with DEN's different coverages is the person who gets to shoot the layup/dunk.

Morey-ball. Our scoring was from 3s, rim finishes, and free-throws.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#15 » by KqWIN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:51 am

Catchall wrote:
KqWIN wrote:+16 true shooting possessions is ridiculous. How did we win that game? We had no business being in that game at all, but we led for most of the second half because we get a free layup every time we run a PnR. The only thing that changes with DEN's different coverages is the person who gets to shoot the layup/dunk.

Morey-ball. Our scoring was from 3s, rim finishes, and free-throws.

Morey ball or not, that's embarrassing from the Nuggets. You have 16 more chances to score and you still lose? That was the easiest offensive game I've every seen. It was a free layup every time we successfully got a ball screen. Having Jokic in drop coverage is the same as having no one at all.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,279

Post#16 » by babyjax13 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:11 am

I'll be honest, that play everyone is complaining about doesn't look like a foul to me. Rudy is not perfectly vertical with his arms, but they don't appear to come down on Murray and he is mostly vertical.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#17 » by BudTugly » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:16 am

I hope Jokic is a communist because he has spent the week being publicly owned
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#18 » by pickIBL » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:00 am

Good to see the jazz taking steps forward even on a banged up nuggets team. Hopefully mitchell and gobert see they need each other long term
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#19 » by red4hf » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:55 am

Great win the by the Jazz...... Mitchell becoming a superstar before our eyes......
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#20 » by Denizfeital » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:44 pm

It's been a while since the last time I saw a sequence of games so nicely played by The Jazz.

I am really enjoying these playoffs so far. Let's close this baby in 5 and move to the next round.

Really proud of the team. Specially happy for Mike Conley.

Go Jazz!

Return to Utah Jazz