ImageImage

Playoff game 4 rd 1 Portland vs Lakers

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Re: Playoff game 4 rd 1 Portland vs Lakers 

Post#121 » by Shem » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:11 am

LeBron is arguing over a replay call reversal while his team is up 28. :rolleyes:
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#122 » by Epicurus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:11 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Epicurus wrote:
No one is pretending he was mute. But nice strawman. People are upset that he did not do enough.

I understand that in eight years of Terry being coach that you have not been able to bring yourself to criticize him for anything at all to my recollection. That you always point back to the players or Olshey.

But sometimes, I know this may be shocking, a person can have some responsibility for not doing enough.
Got it, nothing short of the full Bobby KNight was called for.

Cheers, epicurus. If you aren't going to bother arguing realistic points made and instead want to come up with putting words in people's mouth for your sole response, don't bother responding to me. Unfortunately, unlike others, I do not have the luxury to put you on ignore. This is why people don't like engaging with you on this board.
What the heck is your realistic point. It is simplyfalse that Stotts has not worked the officials since early in the game, basically begging for a T. Even the game announcers noticed. If you can't handle your view being contested, then that's your problem.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#123 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:12 am

Bonus GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,795

Post#124 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:12 am

omg could we please have Wenyen instead of MArio. Please.

I am not asking for much. Neither can make shots but Wenyen defends.
The Sebastian Express

Post#125 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:12 am

Epicurus wrote:
Epicurus wrote:Got it, nothing short of the full Bobby KNight was called for.

Cheers, epicurus. If you aren't going to bother arguing realistic points made and instead want to come up with putting words in people's mouth for your sole response, don't bother responding to me. Unfortunately, unlike others, I do not have the luxury to put you on ignore. This is why people don't like engaging with you on this board.
What the heck is your realistic point. It is simplyfalse that Stotts has not worked the officials since early in the game, basically begging for a T. Even the game announcers noticed. If you can't handle your view being contested, then that's your problem.

'Don't bother responding to me.'

If you cannot respect people's wishes, see yourself off the board. Some of us cannot ignore you.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#126 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:18 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
The Sebastian Express

Post#127 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 am

Read on Twitter

Fingers crossed. Don't care about the game, don't care about the series. Just please don't be a ligament tear.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#128 » by Epicurus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:23 am

When this series ends, and it will soon, I recommend " The Codling of the American Mind." It excellently depicts the ever growing trend in this nation in not being able to engage in given and take, thus the drive to cancel out those holding opinions contrary to ours.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#129 » by GEE » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:29 am

Epicurus wrote:When this series ends, and it will soon, I recommend " The Codling of the American Mind." It excellently depicts the ever growing trend in this nation in not being able to engage in given and take, thus the drive to cancel out those holding opinions contrary to ours.

Can I also join your book club Oprah?
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#130 » by Epicurus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:33 am

GEE wrote:
Epicurus wrote:When this series ends, and it will soon, I recommend " The Codling of the American Mind." It excellently depicts the ever growing trend in this nation in not being able to engage in given and take, thus the drive to cancel out those holding opinions contrary to ours.

Can I also join your book club Oprah?
Sure, love to have you. We will have robust discussion of our views. No snowflakes allowed. (<-- baiting, don't do this - TSE) But our rule that one can't discount the positives and only search for negative might not be everyone's cup of tea.
Last edited by The Sebastian Express on Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Referencing baiting - TSE
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,080

Post#131 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:39 am

What's with all the Laker fans for a Blazers virtual fan game.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#132 » by Epicurus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:45 am

I think the relative strengths of design of the two teams is made very visible by who has vets during garbage time and who has maybes.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,932

Post#133 » by Moonbeam » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:56 am

Read on Twitter

Fingers crossed. Don't care about the game, don't care about the series. Just please don't be a ligament tear.

Yeah - this would be a disaster if he had a ligament tear. Hoping beyond hope it's something minor.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,932

Post#134 » by Moonbeam » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:58 am

My vote is for BC's Game 5 thread to include "Plaoff" instead of "Playoff", since Portland won Game 1 with the "Plaoff" thread title.

Just ribbing you, BC. :P Thanks for always starting our threads. :)
Blazer2334
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#135 » by Blazer2334 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:08 am

I’m trying my best not to overreact—-this was going to be a Herculean effort to make the play-offs, let alone, get out of 1st round. Losing ZC, almost negated any slim chance we had. I had to constantly remind myself that we were still missing 40% of our starting line-up (Collins and Hood/Ariza).

While I think officiating has been easily in the Lakers favor, they aren’t the sole, nor the majority reason why the Blazers have lost these games. We are battered and beaten, and played the equivalent of about 1.5 series of meaningful basketball before the post season even started.

Dame is tired. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen him so timid, especially when we have needed him to step up. Nurk is gasssed. CJ has a broken back. Let’s hope Dames knee is OK.

Going into next season.....

I will be happy to see Whiteside nor Melo never put on the Blazers Jersey again. We wouldn’t be here today without them, but their me first mentality does not mesh with the vibe or the team. Whiteside’s hot/cold effort and Melos momentum killing ISO’s and bad shot selection are killer to us. I don’t know if I’ve ever been more irritated with Whiteside than when he jacked up that 3 at the end. It was the straw that broke the camels back for me in regards of him. I would have respected him more if he wrote “IDK” on a white flag and waved it.

This is the first time I’ve ever really started to doubt Stotts—I really don’t want to change head coaches, but he needs to be willing to adjust and give some of the young guys more of a chance, specifically Simons.

Having players like Skal and Tolliver, who know their roles and ability, and work hard each and every minute are who we need to be rounding out our roster with.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#136 » by Epicurus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:12 am

I am sure that Stotts would have loved to play Simons more. Indeed I think at the start of the season that was the plan. Yet Simons in nearly all of his stints proved unplayable. Maybe next season.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,221

Post#137 » by monopoman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:17 am

Until Lillard and CJ claim they want Stotts gone or could consider another HC I think Stotts is secure. Blazers ownership will not fire Stotts as long as he has the full support of their franchise player. The last thing the Blazers want to do is piss Dame off so much he actually demands a trade.

This series is also not the best way to judge him down 3 of our better players and the Lakers were basically nearly full strength and were probably better in a vacuum even with both teams fully healthy. I think the largest mistake from last off-season was dumping both Harkless and Aminu one of them should have been retained we really miss them on the Defensive end.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#138 » by Epicurus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:19 am

I would love to see a healthy Skal rather than Anthony next season. He and Collins would be a nice tandem at PF. Find a Plumlee type or Kanter type to back up Nurk (with either Collins or SKal for situational backup at C). SF? No problem if Hood is healthy and Ariza comes back.
Blazer2334
Ballboy

Post#139 » by Blazer2334 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:23 am

Epicurus wrote:I am sure that Stotts would have loved to play Simons more. Indeed I think at the start of the season that was the plan. Yet Simons in nearly all of his stints proved unplayable. Maybe next season.

He is a young player who skipped college, he needs to go through some growing pains. But I’m talking more specifically this Lakers series.

Nobody really is playing well, nobody is really producing. Several aren’t trying, and several are playing for themselves only. Simons will at least provide energy, effort, and try to work within the offense.

What we have tried isn’t working. Take a risk, it can’t get much worse.
Blazer2334
Ballboy

Post#140 » by Blazer2334 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:26 am

Moonbeam wrote:My vote is for BC's Game 5 thread to include "Plaoff" instead of "Playoff", since Portland won Game 1 with the "Plaoff" thread title.

Just ribbing you, BC. :P Thanks for always starting our threads. :)

Now we know what really happened......Thanks BC.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers