Brett Brown : Not Today!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Re: Brett Brown : Not Today! 

Post#321 » by Eyeamok » Tue May 28, 2019 4:45 pm

fl311 wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:So as they tear down Mike D'Antoni staff around him. It's no too much of a stretch to say he could be back on the 76ers bench as the head coach if Brown stumbles.

D'Antoni would never be hired as head coach of this team.

Really. Hinkie kind of insulated Brown with a contract extension. Without that D'Antoni would have had a good chance to be coach here, if Houston had not come calling. Secondly he is a known coach that has hand success and he did not leave the organization on bad terms. Does not seem like such a reach if Brown stumbles. He knows the owner(s), has a relationship with Embiid and Simmons and he might be able to sell the team on the "offensively I can get the best out of Simmons".
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#322 » by fl311 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
fl311 wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:So as they tear down Mike D'Antoni staff around him. It's no too much of a stretch to say he could be back on the 76ers bench as the head coach if Brown stumbles.

Really. Hinkie kind of insulated Brown with a contract extension. Without that D'Antoni would have had a good chance to be coach here, if Houston had not come calling. Secondly he is a known coach that has hand success and he did not leave the organization on bad terms. Does not seem like such a reach if Brown stumbles. He knows the owner(s), has a relationship with Embiid and Simmons and he might be able to sell the team on the "offensively I can get the best out of Simmons".

First of all, he was an assistant for about 5 months. He didnt build any relationships with Jo and Ben. Secondly, he was brought in by the Colangelo's in the hope that Brett flamed out.

Harris has no connection to D'Antoni, nor does Brand.

You read way too much into a 5 month job.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#323 » by Eyeamok » Tue May 28, 2019 7:04 pm

fl311 wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
fl311 wrote:

First of all, he was an assistant for about 5 months. He didnt build any relationships with Jo and Ben. Secondly, he was brought in by the Colangelo's in the hope that Brett flamed out.

Harris has no connection to D'Antoni, nor does Brand.

You read way too much into a 5 month job.

He was an associate head coach. Not an assistant coach. The title alone denotes he had more access to players than just an ordinary assistant and more input into the team.

So how long does it take to develop a relationship with a player especially when you have had success as a coach for several years in the association?

How do you know he did not build any relationships with Embiid and Ben? Were you privy to all of their encounters?

Yes everyone knows he was brought in to replace Brown...that is not new information.

Perhaps you place to much importance on time and not enough on quality of that time. A lot can happen in 5 months.

The association is made up of 30 teams. You are wrong when you say Harris and Brand have no connection to D'Antoni. If you don't know about your competition then you are doing something wrong. Brand might be new to his position but he knows about D'Antoni, it's part of his job. And D'Antoni was employed by Harris. So to suggest the owner has no connection to the man is false. The guy that the owner handpicked, BC, brought D'Antoni in. You better believe BC gave Harris the 411 on why this guy was good for the team (and why he might be a better coach than the guy we have now) when he was hired.

Just for the record I am not speaking in absolutes. When the talk of replacing Coach Brown first came up one of the things that was mentioned was there were no good named coaches to replace him with. I'm just putting it out there that if D'Antoni leaves Houston, he could be a possible candidate.

Marlo
fl311
Senior

Post#324 » by fl311 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:25 pm

thats fine.

i'm telling you that he wont be a replacement candidate.

there are players on the team who would be against playing for him. they are not going back to any Colangelo connection as well
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#325 » by Eyeamok » Tue May 28, 2019 7:29 pm

fl311 wrote:thats fine.

there are players on the team who would be against playing for him. they are not going back to any Colangelo connection as well

Wow look at you. What a well written response. I like that logical thinking. It's like you have Sweet and Sour, BBQ and Ranch on your side.

Marlo
GrindCityHustle
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#326 » by GrindCityHustle » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:24 am

bumping this to reflect on our views a year later
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#327 » by sixers4real » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:15 am

fl311 wrote:thats fine.

Hey man! How is it going? Any news about the future moves? How does Embiid feels about everything going on right now?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#328 » by eyeatoma » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:58 am

fl311 wrote:
fl311

Hey man, long time, wondering if you're still around. What are your two cents on wha'ts going on? Who are they targetting as a coach? Will Brand be gone? Are they going to clean house, or leave some of Colangelo's lackeys? Firing the medical staff? Hope the owners know that the fans are sick of this ****. Hope you're around and can shed some light. Also, are you thinking Jo requests a trade at all, or will it depend on the direction the team goes?

Finally, any rumblings of trades for either of them, or Harris/Horford/Richardson?
fl311
Senior

Post#329 » by fl311 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:44 pm

I am still around and figured I’d pop back in.

There are currently a lot of moving pieces. I’ve heard that everyone in FO but Brand could go, to only a few being fired and Brand running things. If the former were to happen they would bring in a high level executive to run everything with Brand under them. I’m highly skeptical that happens and expect just a few changes.

Regarding the coach, unfortunately I’ve been hearing Ty Lue for a few weeks if he doesn’t get Nets job. They’ll reach out to Jay Wright but I don’t expect much from that conversation.

Horford is the likelier trade candidate over Harris but they would still need to attach other assets to rid themselves of his contract. Harris is almost as untradeable as John Wall.

Jo is just frustrated with the team around him and this offseason will go a long way to determine whether he wants out.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#330 » by eyeatoma » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:07 pm

fl311 wrote:I am still around and figured I’d pop back in.

There are currently a lot of moving pieces. I’ve heard that everyone in FO but Brand could go, to only a few being fired and Brand running things. If the former were to happen they would bring in a high level executive to run everything with Brand under them. I’m highly skeptical that happens and expect just a few changes.

Regarding the coach, unfortunately I’ve been hearing Ty Lue for a few weeks if he doesn’t get Nets job. They’ll reach out to Jay Wright but I don’t expect much from that conversation.

Horford is the likelier trade candidate over Harris but they would still need to attach other assets to rid themselves of his contract. Harris is almost as untradeable as John Wall.

Jo is just frustrated with the team around him and this offseason will go a long way to determine whether he wants out.

Thanks so much man! Any news about Ben? Do you feel that he'll make a full recovery from his injury to his knee? He didn't seem the same from his return with the back issues, I'm hoping he just needed time to get acclimated. I also wonder if it was the position change, and whether he was pouting about it, or just getting used to it. Any light you can shed on that would be appreciated.

Also, are they going to throw out feelers for Simmons and Embiid, or are they going to wait and see if a coaching change can do the trick?
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#331 » by sixers4real » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Thank you so much man. Great to have you back. You are our only connection to he FO lol. You make our life easier
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#332 » by sixers4real » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:53 pm

sixers4real wrote:

Thank you so much man. Great to have you back. You are our only connection to the FO lol. You make our life easier
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#333 » by rzzzzz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:13 pm

so Brad Botkin of CBS sports writes about how unfair it is that Brett gets fired when the team gets rid of Jimmy, the one guy who can shoot and handle the ball at the end of games. also, how it's even kind of bitter that Fultz is at least contributing to the Magic after getting chased out of here. idk, Brad, i don't think Brett was exactly putting up much of fuss about keeping either of those guys.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#334 » by Sixerscan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:18 pm

Feel like this year old thread is getting confused with the Brown firing thread so I'm locking it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers