ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 4 - LAL vs POR (2-1) 6:00pm PST 8/24

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Re: GAME 4 - LAL vs POR (2-1) 6:00pm PST 8/24 

Post#61 » by EArl » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:12 am

Time to sit Lebron. Dame is out for the rest of the night.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#62 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:13 am

Time to beat CJ up to end the quarter
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#63 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:17 am

Everyone eating.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#64 » by TylersLakers » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:18 am

Dion has to be more aware of what's going on off the ball on D. Pretty sure that's why he hasn't played in the playoffs so far.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#65 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:20 am

TylersLakers wrote:Dion has to be more aware of what's going on off the ball on D. Pretty sure that's why he hasn't played in the playoffs so far.

JR is better than him all around. And Rondo is better than both of them. Them 10 mins where Rondo plays and he gets Davis oops and Bron just finishes go look good
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#66 » by BEazy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:25 am

Kuz is on fire now!

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
kblo247
RealGM

Post#67 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:26 am

That’s how Dion can get time. Ball handling and passings, then making the right rotation on D.

And Kuz using this as a 3pt shoot around practice
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#68 » by TylersLakers » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:27 am

kblo247 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:Dion has to be more aware of what's going on off the ball on D. Pretty sure that's why he hasn't played in the playoffs so far.

JR is better than him all around. And Rondo is better than both of them. Them 10 mins where Rondo plays and he gets Davis oops and Bron just finishes go look good

No he's not. JR's cooked.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#69 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:28 am

Like I said last game we just need our shooters to see the ball go through the hoop a few times. The confidence is back.
TJM217
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#70 » by TJM217 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:35 am

That look of Carmelo on the bench needs to be a gif
Lake Show Baby!!!
kblo247
RealGM

Post#71 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:42 am

TylersLakers wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

No he's not. JR's cooked.

Of the two right now I would say Ion is the better ball handler and scorer. JR is the better defender, and he seems to be in better condition. The lakers have gotten stops with JR out there when the game still matters and they don’t seem confident Waiters will in his limited time.

Again though JR only in the Rotation because those are the spots where Rondo will be subbed in.

I think you want Rondo in over Cook, JR, Dion, or Dudley as the 10th guy
kblo247
RealGM

Post#72 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:48 am

KCP needs his praise too. He pretty much starts the game out on Dame and has handled that from game 2 on. And hes scored and spaced too
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#73 » by EArl » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:48 am

Great win! Lets finish this backdoor sweep.
Chuck is eating his words.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#74 » by Kilroy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:59 am

TJM217 wrote:That look of Carmelo on the bench needs to be a gif

That's the thing about Melo... It's always been what made him a paper tiger... He's mentally soft.

He had all the talent in the world but he wasn't focused or motivated enough to be great. And he's so easy to get in his head...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM

Post#75 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 am

Kilroy wrote:

That's the thing about Melo... It's always been what made him a paper tiger... He's mentally soft.

He had all the talent in the world but he wasn't focused or motivated enough to be great. And he's so easy to get in his head...

Let me ask you this, on this team in Portland and in this series ... Can you say that Dame, CJ, or Nurk actually have given more effort on D than Melo? I ain't never watched a team before this one and went damn Melo is giving the best defensive effort there is out there, but here he is in every game and the only one defending harder is Trent
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#76 » by lazybatman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:31 am

kblo247 wrote:

eh.. I won't go all around.

JR's a better, more disciplined / bigger defender on the perimeter, from his experience with the Cavs, but he can't sink a dime in the ocean since 2017.
Rondo's an elite top 10 playmaker, who doesn't wanna play defense.
Waiters lives on his island where the weather can be a bit unpredictable..

This series was against a terrible defense, but we gonna need Waiters in this run.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#77 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:54 am

lazybatman wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

JR's a better, more disciplined / bigger defender on the perimeter, from his experience with the Cavs, but he can't sink a dime in the ocean since 2017.

This series was against a terrible defense, but we gonna need Waiters in this run.

He will play defense in the team concept for the playoffs. And he will pretty much guarantee Bron doesn't have to pring the ball up for 10 mins and hit him in full stride to just attack. I think Rondo can fit with Kuz and Caruso taking the best perimeter options. Put Rondo on the shooter and let him be the dig down guy for steals and push it for 5-7 mins a half.

I mean do you remmeber when we beat the Clippers to close the season? Rondo pretty much was what I want him to do right there as he literally controlled the tempo of that game over letting Lou and the Clippers dictate it.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by lazybatman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:06 am

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Let me ask you this, on this team in Portland and in this series ... Can you say that Dame, CJ, or Nurk actually have given more effort on D than Melo? I ain't never watched a team before this one and went damn Melo is giving the best defensive effort there is out there, but here he is in every game and the only one defending harder is Trent

Agree with you both. Melo's not short on talent or ability.. His mental fortitude was the difference between a great legacy and a bunch of scoring titles that are gonna mean nothing at all in the end.

If the HOF was actually a wee bit elite, instead of a people pleaser, Melo wouldn't have a shot at it.

I'd rate players like Andre Igoudala, Chuncy Billups, Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh, Kyle Lowry over him personally, and it's not because they won rings..
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by lazybatman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:11 am

kblo247 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
kblo247 wrote:JR is better than him all around. And Rondo is better than both of them. Them 10 mins where Rondo plays and he gets Davis oops and Bron just finishes go look good

He will play defense in the team concept for the playoffs. And he will pretty much guarantee Bron doesn't have to pring the ball up for 10 mins and hit him in full stride to just attack. I think Rondo can fit with Kuz and Caruso taking the best perimeter options. Put Rondo on the shooter and let him be the dig down guy for steals and push it for 5-7 mins a half.

I mean do you remmeber when we beat the Clippers to close the season? Rondo pretty much was what I want him to do right there as he literally controlled the tempo of that game over letting Lou and the Clippers dictate it.

Also remember what Rondo did in the Christmas game against the Warriors last year, after Lebron got injured at the end of the half.

Be warned though, Rondo is notorious for not taking care of himself and taking his own sweet time to play himself into form. We would be lucky if he gets back into it by the Clippers series.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#80 » by kblo247 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:33 am

lazybatman wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Agree with you both. Melo's not short on talent or ability.. His mental fortitude was the difference between a great legacy and a bunch of scoring titles that are gonna mean nothing at all in the end.

If the HOF was actually a wee bit elite, instead of a people pleaser, Melo wouldn't have a shot at it.

I'd rate players like Andre Igoudala, Chuncy Billups, Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh, Kyle Lowry over him personally, and it's not because they won rings..

To be fair to him as well. I don’t know how much of that is all on him or is that on where he was at.

George Karl divided that locker room. Melo isn’t the only one who had issues with him. Martin called him a snake. JR criticized him. Iguodala called him a snake too after a year. Kemp left Seattle because of him. Payton and him got into it which is why that sonic team split up and they butted heads in Milwaukee too. And then you cousins and the Kings into it with Karl. I believe he is a coach that will let you do what you are great at but refine or teach nothing. Payton didn’t work on his shot. Melo didn’t work on his defense. JR didn’t work on his defense to Cleveland. There is never growth when it comes to his teams and players, they win games but never touch their ceiling. Iverson and him got into it as well this the pistons trade

I watch Melo with team USA and he thrived. He defended, rebounded, sacrificed and is probably easily the best Olympian ever. I watched him with Woodson and kidd/Sheed and he listened, sacrificed and they won games. Same with Chauncey he was at his best and took challenges. Same with Syracuse. If you outline him what to do and teach the step by step outline he’s always done what makes him uncomfortable for the right coaches who knew how to teach him.

He’s not smart as lebron. He’s not as cerebral as Kobe. But he’s far from a bum. Most guys can’t go from off the street to nba starter playing over 30mins mid season and produce like he did.

I mean I can easily in my head say if the Lakers in 11 are smart, instead of MItch and Jim being stupid and do the Bynum for Melo deal Denver offered before he went to NY things are very different for him. He has Phil as a coach, he has Fish as the leader vocally, he has his idol Kobe, he has Artest, Pau, and Odom to learn from. I think he learns and this team has another ring and playoff berths under its name.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers