ImageImageImage

Breaking: Brett Brown Fired

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Re: Breaking: Brett Brown Fired 

Post#101 » by Aussiepiston1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:28 am

Not sure why people feel sorry for him, he’s a multi millionaire and can retire tomorrow whilst living like a king.
He is and always was a terrible head coach, if you want to say he’s an ok assistant I’ll give you that.
Good riddance.
Wouldn’t Dwayne Casey be a good candidate? He took a Raptors team without kawhi to the eastern conference finals and stumbled into Lebron.
Nick nurse got lucky he got Gasol and Kawhi with no lebron in his way.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#102 » by kriss73 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:38 am

Thank you coach. You're a great persone from what I've seen and for sure you gave everything you had to this franchise.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
joshuapending
Junior
And1: 101

Post#103 » by joshuapending » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:18 am

Aussiepiston1 wrote:Not sure why people feel sorry for him, he’s a multi millionaire and can retire tomorrow whilst living like a king.
He is and always was a terrible head coach, if you want to say he’s an ok assistant I’ll give you that.
Good riddance.
Wouldn’t Dwayne Casey be a good candidate? He took a Raptors team without kawhi to the eastern conference finals and stumbled into Lebron.

Not sure, maybe because he is a person with feeling who regardless of your opinion of his abilities, invested a hell of a lot of effort and stress into the job.
Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 484

Post#104 » by Stribor » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:27 am

joshuapending wrote:
Aussiepiston1 wrote:Not sure why people feel sorry for him, he’s a multi millionaire and can retire tomorrow whilst living like a king.
Good riddance.

Not sure, maybe because he is a person with feeling who regardless of your opinion of his abilities, invested a hell of a lot of effort and stress into the job.

Exactly we got what we wanted as no one believed anymore he can raise us, but he is a good person and put tremendous amount of time and effort in this franchise and not saying thanks to all that is just being a complete ****.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#105 » by Aussiepiston1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:47 am

Stribor wrote:
joshuapending wrote:
Good riddance.

Exactly we got what we wanted as no one believed anymore he can raise us, but he is a good person and put tremendous amount of time and effort in this franchise and not saying thanks to all that is just being a complete ****.

Fair enough fellas maybe I’m bitter that I’ve invested my time and money to watch this crap he had a big role in so thanks for your efforts coach and good luck
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#106 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:44 am

Chris Finch is an interesting name. I wonder if he already has the New Orleans position locked up though.

In terms of retired point guards, Sam Cassell is interesting. I think I’d give him a shot before hiring Lue.

The crown jewel is still Wright though. I hope he asks for decision-making power and the FO grants it to him. We’d be hitting two birds with one stone.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,016

Post#107 » by eyeatoma » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:50 am

Can someone tell me why everyone loves him so much. I get Villanova is a powerhouse college team with him leading it. But so what? Why does that mean it'll translate? Is it just cuz he's a local guy?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#108 » by Lou_23 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:04 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:The crown jewel is still Wright though. I hope he asks for decision-making power and the FO grants it to him. We’d be hitting two birds with one stone.

Is not a smart decison give him management power because he knows nothing about how NBA works. If he wants full power, i dont want him.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#109 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:13 am

Lou_23 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:The crown jewel is still Wright though. I hope he asks for decision-making power and the FO grants it to him. We’d be hitting two birds with one stone.

Is not a smart decison give him management power because he knows nothing about how NBA works. If he wants full power, i dont want him.

It’s either him or the people who thought it was wise to not only let Butler and JJ go, but also to replace them with Al Horford. Not to mention pay Tobias Harris $180 million.

To get out of this hole, we are going to need to take risks. There’s no safe and easy way out of this mess.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#110 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:00 pm

Jay Wright would be the obvious preference, but there's no way he disrupts his perfect Nova life to try and salvage this island of misfit toys.

Sam Cassel is an intriguing non-retread name that I'd like to see us check into.

Its too bad Dwane Casey is stuck in Detroit. We could use a tactical no nonsense guy like him.

Ty Lue is a terrible candidate, so its probable we lock him up for the next 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#111 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:19 pm

I think it’s going to be Lue.

Lue has something that Brett doesnt have. And that is respect. Lue has won a championship and coached guys like LeBron.

We need a coach that would follow his instruction as a leader. If the coach says you need to shoot if, you have to shoot it. If the coach says you need to be in better condition, then you have to do it.

If Biid and Ben can live up to their upside, the game will be simple.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#112 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:31 pm

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,733

Post#113 » by Mik317 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:37 pm

that video has been taunting my youtube feed for a few days now lol.

I refuse to watch it out of spite now.

still butthurt
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#114 » by Negrodamus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:21 pm

76ciology wrote:I think it’s going to be Lue.

Lue has something that Brett doesnt have. And that is respect. Lue has won a championship and coached guys like LeBron.

We need a coach that would follow his instruction as a leader. If the coach says you need to shoot if, you have to shoot it. If the coach says you need to be in better condition, then you have to do it.

If Biid and Ben can live up to their upside, the game will be simple.

Unless we back up the Brinks truck for Lue, I don't think we'd beat out a shoo-in championship team like Durant and Kyrie. It's a lesser path of resistance to the Finals and he already has a good relationship with 1/2 of the superstars on the team. Unless he wants to take on the challenge of an ill-fitting Sixers team.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Post#115 » by Eyeamok » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:16 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:Interesting, I'm still celebrating Brett is packing his underwear. Haven't thought about who is next.

I've been very hard on Brett in the past, all my texts today have told me, but I know he's a good guy. I do wish him the best and he will get a job somewhere.

I'm just glad he's not the head coach of the Sixers anymore, finally.

I liked Coach Brown during the process and I wanted him to succeed post Process. He was handed a rough deal from the start and he made the best of it. I am glad Hinkie, before he left, gave him a new contract. And I am glad he will continue to get paid now that he is gone. They say money does not cure everything but it sure can take the sting out of most things.

This organization has been flying by the seat of it's pants making hasty decisions since they pushed Hinkie out the door. You may not agree with a lot of what Hinkie did, but at least he had a plan. This team has hired BC after an extensive search, which really was not extensive, hired Elton Brand out of the blue, another quick decision. Traded away picks to get players that could not play even after seeing them workout. Had assets and a team that was knocking on the ECF door only to break it apart for parts that don't fit.
Management, such as it is, needs to slow down. Watch the play in the bubble and learn how teams mesh together, learn about coaching styles. Think about what you want for you team how your personnel fits and then slowly make your decisions.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#116 » by phiphan » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Didn't Lue have a mental breakdown due to job stress at one point? No shame in that, but Philly isn't Cleveland.
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,490

Post#117 » by Hipster Doofus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:40 pm

What do people think of Kenny Atkinson as head coach?

Josh Richardson said that Brown didn't hold players accountable. Atkinson does, as shown when he benched DeAngelo Russell back in 2018 when he was playing like crap.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,733

Post#118 » by Mik317 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:59 pm

Brett outcoached Atkinson when we faced them IMO. They also have similar systems and similar guys who can build up but need to go before long ala Doug Collins.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM

Post#119 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:16 pm

Celtics were actually 20th in post up defense.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#120 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:08 pm

M2J wrote:Let's see how Brand reboots this roster, or if they run it back with a better coach and push for improvement rather than retooling.
There are 3 23 year olds in this team with a great amount of talent on this team, plus Joel and Tobias and Josh still have upside at their ages.

I'm not sold on Brand, but all of his moves made sense to me. Drafted Markelle when they needed shooting or a pg. Locked in Kork and Shake to be shooters, when they hadn't proven themselves. Shake is a legit starter level player, and really so is Thybulle.

On an early exit playoff team, sure.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016

Return to Philadelphia 76ers