ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: 1st Round | Game 4: Raptors @ Nets - Sun, 08/23/20, 6:30 PM ET | YES & TNT

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 4: Raptors @ Nets - Sun, 08/23/20, 6:30 PM ET | YES & TNT 

Post#141 » by Claud » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:32 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Man Ibaka could not miss this series, I really hope he would accept a MLE to come play with his bestie. He definitely expanded his game from his younger days. Dude can make the mid range and the 3 pt shot while playing some tough defense. He's a true x factor.

Kurucs, TLC, Temple guarded him 95% of the time... we had no real size off the bench to compete against him.

I would love KD to convince Ibaka to join us next season. He would be a huge piece.
Toni
Junior
And1: 246

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 4: Raptors @ Nets - Sun, 08/23/20, 6:30 PM ET | YES & TNT 

Post#142 » by Toni » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Man Ibaka could not miss this series, I really hope he would accept a MLE to come play with his bestie. He definitely expanded his game from his younger days. Dude can make the mid range and the 3 pt shot while playing some tough defense. He's a true x factor.

Ibaka makes $25 million a year why would he all of a sudden accept the MLE to play somewhere when he’s still a serviceable player? If anything he would accept less money to stay with the Raptors but anywhere else I would expect him to command a decent pay cheque.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#143 » by Claud » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:02 pm

Toni wrote:

Ibaka makes $25 million a year why would he all of a sudden accept the MLE to play somewhere when he’s still a serviceable player? If anything he would accept less money to stay with the Raptors but anywhere else I would expect him to command a decent pay cheque.

FOK 8-)
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,825

Post#144 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:51 pm

Toni wrote:

Ibaka makes $25 million a year why would he all of a sudden accept the MLE to play somewhere when he’s still a serviceable player? If anything he would accept less money to stay with the Raptors but anywhere else I would expect him to command a decent pay cheque.*

*check.

*smirks smugly and Americanly*
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#145 » by kamaze » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:34 am

Giving up 150 points with their bench scoring 100 is embarrassing. I like JV but game 4 didn't do anything to help his case for being next year's coach.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#146 » by brook » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:18 am

I don't think Ibaka is what we need, unless we're going to trade Allen. He's more a center than a PF at this point of his career.

We need a guy who can defend multiple positions, someone like Jae Crowder, Kent Bazemore, Moe Harkless...
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#147 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 pm

Claud wrote:

Kurucs, TLC, Temple guarded him 95% of the time... we had no real size off the bench to compete against him.

I would love KD to convince Ibaka to join us next season. He would be a huge piece.

It would have to be a sign and trade. We dont even have the full MLE, we would have the taxpayers MLE. this is his last shot at a big contract and he already has a title. he would be leavning 10-15 million per year on the table to come here.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#148 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:16 pm

kamaze wrote:Giving up 150 points with their bench scoring 100 is embarrassing. I like JV but game 4 didn't do anything to help his case for being next year's coach.

i mean, he had a high school roster vs. the defending champs.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#149 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 pm

brook wrote:I don't think Ibaka is what we need, unless we're going to trade Allen. He's more a center than a PF at this point of his career.

We need a guy who can defend multiple positions, someone like Jae Crowder, Kent Bazemore, Moe Harkless...

Agreed if it was somehow between him and Crowder. Ibaka is a luxury for a team with Allen and Jordan even if he presents a much different skill set on the offensive end. But, I'd still handily take him over Bazemore and Harkless, both those dudes are playable but suspect.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#150 » by Papi_swav » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:43 pm

brook wrote:I don't think Ibaka is what we need, unless we're going to trade Allen. He's more a center than a PF at this point of his career.

I agree, we definitely need a wing defender. Jae and Moe is 2 guys I been high on to go after, perfect fit next to KD. Moe is a FA and should be cheap. I'm not sure about Jae though.

EDIT: Jae Crowder is actually a free agent. That would be a great addition. He can definitely get some good money out there. Hopefully he wants to ring chase and play next to 2 greats.

Jerami Grant would also be another one. Also would help us gain an athletic player we need. He has a player option, don't think he would sign for less money
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#151 » by Stone » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:09 am

LOUiS-D .......I see we have other Nets fans in Melbourne... :thumbsup:

Great season guys and here's to the next one....... :beer:

The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#152 » by kamaze » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:Giving up 150 points with their bench scoring 100 is embarrassing. I like JV but game 4 didn't do anything to help his case for being next year's coach.

i mean, he had a high school roster vs. the defending champs.

The gameplan to jack up threes wasn't how he coached previously. I thought those days were gone.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets