MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,826

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#362 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love seeing guys take action. :nod:

I've been using moneythat I've been saving from not gambling like that degenerate vc4p to help different gofundmes for Black youth, Black LGBT causes (the amount of violence Black transgender women encounter is horrible), people who have gotten injured by the cops and bail funds for protesters. It's not really much but I can't think of many other ways to help right now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#363 » by ProspectPark » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#364 » by Claud » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

I bet he'll try to dump Prince + 19th pick + filler.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect

Post#365 » by ProspectPark » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Claud wrote:Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

He played the 3rd most minutes on the team, most of them against the other team’s starters. Our offensive rating was 8 points better with him on the court. Net Rating was 5.2 points better with him.

Can you explain how he was trash?

https://go.nba.com/b2g2f
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#366 » by Claud » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:51 pm

9.1 PER playing 29mpg
Shooting under 40% from the field.
shooting 33% from 3 when it's suppoused to be his specialty.
Zero resistance in defense as a PF
Low BBIQ.
I hope he can re-invent himself but his first season was ROUGH to say the least.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect

Post#367 » by ProspectPark » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:13 am

Claud wrote:9.1 PER playing 29mpg
Low BBIQ.
I hope he can re-invent himself but his first season was ROUGH to say the least.

Per? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#368 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:47 am

IDK man. I'm not ready to give up on Prince yet.

Lets give it another season and see how he plays with KD/Kyrie.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#369 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:32 pm

Low BBIQ.

I don't think Prince was bad defensively individually. As a team defender, he is absolutely braindead.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#370 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

IDK man. I'm not ready to give up on Prince yet.

Lets give it another season and see how he plays with KD/Kyrie.

Also, TLC is a 2/3, not a PF. Prince can play either 3 or 4.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#371 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:09 pm

He was terrible. They need to move him and some assets for a guy like Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris, etc. I'd even think about Kevin Love or Blake Griffin if they can get him for something like Prince and Dinwiddie with no 1st's attached.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#372 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:41 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:He was terrible. They need to move him and some assets for a guy like Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris, etc. I'd even think about Kevin Love or Blake Griffin if they can get him for something like Prince and Dinwiddie with no 1st's attached.

Barnes yes because he fits what we would need on the wing, Grant I believe is a free agent. Harris is an absolute hard pass, you'd be shelling out max dollars for a spot up shooter.

I'm not trading Caris LeVert or Jarrett Allen unless we are getting an all star level talent in return. We have to see what LeVert can do with Irving and KD, and Allen imo is untouchable in any deal not for a significant talent. With the way LeVert is looking, I doubt Irving or Durant want him going anywhere because they can see that he is a legit scoring talent and he's about to hit his prime years.

If you want to trade Spencer, Prince and 2020 #19 by all means go for it. Spencer is going to leave after next season and everyone here hates Prince.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#373 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:He was terrible. They need to move him and some assets for a guy like Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris, etc. I'd even think about Kevin Love or Blake Griffin if they can get him for something like Prince and Dinwiddie with no 1st's attached.

Barnes yes because he fits what we would need on the wing, Grant I believe is a free agent. Harris is an absolute hard pass, you'd be shelling out max dollars for a spot up shooter.

I'm not trading Caris LeVert or Jarrett Allen unless we are getting an all star level talent in return. We have to see what LeVert can do with Irving and KD, and Allen imo is untouchable in any deal not for a significant talent. With the way LeVert is looking, I doubt Irving or Durant want him going anywhere because they can see that he is a legit scoring talent and he's about to hit his prime years.

If you want to trade Spencer, Prince and 2020 #19 by all means go for it. Spencer is going to leave after next season and everyone here hates Prince.

For sure, no way was I advocating giving up either of LeVert or Allen for Harris or anyone of that ilk!
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#374 » by therealbig3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:44 am

7footMONSTER wrote:
Low BBIQ.

PER as a quick snap shot of a player's production isn't that bad. Especially when used with other stats.

Prince started the year hot, but then quickly crapped out. Couldn't hit shots, doesn't play good defense, and his shot selection and overall decision-making is atrocious. Guaranteed 2-3 turnovers from him every game from him putting the ball on the floor resulting in a wild shot, a pass out of bounds, or a travel.

I really liked him in the beginning, because I thought him and Harris together were the perfect snipers you could put next to KD and Kyrie, but the more I saw out of him, the more he demonstrated his poor BBIQ. He's not content as just a catch and shoot player, he wants to be someone that creates offense off the dribble, but it's a disaster most of the time he does that. For a guy that's never shot 40% from 3 in his career, he's not exactly an otherworldly 3pt shooter that he's worth all the drawbacks. You can find plenty of comparable shooters without all the headaches, especially nowadays.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect

Post#375 » by ProspectPark » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

therealbig3 wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:
Low BBIQ.

PER as a quick snap shot of a player's production isn't that bad. Especially when used with other stats.

Prince started the year hot, but then quickly crapped out. Couldn't hit shots, doesn't play good defense, and his shot selection and overall decision-making is atrocious. Guaranteed 2-3 turnovers from him every game from him putting the ball on the floor resulting in a wild shot, a pass out of bounds, or a travel.

I really liked him in the beginning, because I thought him and Harris together were the perfect snipers you could put next to KD and Kyrie, but the more I saw out of him, the more he demonstrated his poor BBIQ. He's not content as just a catch and shoot player, he wants to be someone that creates offense off the dribble, but it's a disaster most of the time he does that. For a guy that's never shot 40% from 3 in his career, he's not exactly an otherworldly 3pt shooter that he's worth all the drawbacks. You can find plenty of comparable shooters without all the headaches, especially nowadays.

He’s only been in the league for 4 years, and 2 of them he shot 39% from 3.

If your last sentence is true, this should be an easy exercise. Here is a list of every player in the league sorted by the value of their contract:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/players.html

Let’s agree Prince’s replacement must check the following two boxes:

1. Ability to knock down shots
2. Has the size, strength, and length, to guard the other team’s best wing player

So who on this list do you think we should target? What team is just dying to give away an elite 3nD wing?

I would love to hear some names because all season long I’ve heard that we should just give up on Prince because elite 3nD wings are so easy to acquire.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#376 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:19 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:

He’s only been in the league for 4 years, and 2 of them he shot 39% from 3.

If your last sentence is true, this should be an easy exercise. Here is a list of every player in the league sorted by the value of their contract:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/players.html

Let’s agree Prince’s replacement must check the following two boxes:

1. Ability to knock down shots
2. Has the size, strength, and length, to guard the other team’s best wing player

So who on this list do you think we should target? What team is just dying to give away an elite 3nD wing?

I would love to hear some names because all season long I’ve heard that we should just give up on Prince because elite 3nD wings are so easy to acquire.

Prince's role will be simplified next season. He will be only required to space the floor, rebound, and defend. We actually had to rely on him to do stuff out of his skill range because the team was battered by injuries all season and we had to find offense from anywhere we could.

I expect playing with elite level talent next season will elevate his game, like it does for 99% of roleplayers around the league.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#377 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Prince was definitely asked to do too much last season. Kenny and the coaching staff was pushing him to expand his game(like Joe) and it quickly backfired. That said he wasn't totally terrible and had stretches of really good play. His BBIQ is frustratingly lacking tho.

IF the squad is healthy and Prince's role is simplified, he should look significantly better in the back up 3/4 spot tbh.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#378 » by Paradise » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:06 pm

KD on the Barstool & A-Rod podcast explains his decision to sign with Brooklyn:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect

Re: Welcome KD! - The Official Kevin Durant Thread 

Post#379 » by ProspectPark » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#380 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:06 am

Prince is better than rod and TLC by a very large margin. those guys are just low investments so their issues get overlooked

Return to Brooklyn Nets