ImageImageImage

NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thursday (8/20) 8:30PM 

Post#121 » by MotownMadness » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:23 am

Pharaoh wrote:Was thinking about the defensive end for Lewis and/or Howard but then realised you're not really allowed to guard anyone anyway lol

More about staying in front of them, hand up to contest and that's about it.

The more I look at the Draft class the more interested I am tbh

Stated months ago I wanna deal Luke to Phoenix for #10.

I think on Draft Day it'll be possible to deal Rose for at least a late first, absorb a late first as part of a salary dump or just straight up buy one!

Having multiple picks gives us the opportunity to swing for the fences and lock a kid up for 2 years at worst, 7 years at best.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

It's just nobody see the stars at the top and crap all over the draft. There's still talent to be found all throughout it, just gotta do some good scouting.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#122 » by vic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:10 pm

davidvolumes wrote:Our new GM has the reputation of being an outstanding Talent evaluator. The person that I am most interested in his opinion of is Jordan bone. Bone is an outstanding athlete and super quick. He is not necessarily A take you off the dribble with a lot of Bounce to his game. But he is a handful in the pick-and-roll. I am interested in his progress from last year's to this year. I wonder how Troy Weaver views Jordan bone. I am not certain Halliburton or Hayes is an upgrade over Jordan bone. A side point is I would love if we could trade Luke and pick up Vassell or Aaron Nesmith. Nesmith shooting opens the floor players like Bone, who plays without alot of bounce but has speed to burn.

I agree that Bone has a lot of potential. Hes small but athletic, probably just as fast as Kira Lewis.

Unfortunately I don't think Coach is going to be content until he can max out Fred Van Vleet. Which is horrible. (Subpar coaches can't survive without their favorite point guard).

I heard Sacramento is trying to save cap space and may give up Buddy Hield with a first round draft pick #12 for an expiring contract.

We all know Phoenix wants Luke. Maybe they'll give up #10.

I would look at paying Buddy instead of Luke, then have #7, #10, #12 in Troy Weaver's first year.

Any 3 out of
Okoro/Hayes/Vassel/Nesmith/Pokusevski
would be a great foundation of talent for the future.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#123 » by chrbal » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:39 pm

davidvolumes wrote:Our new GM has the reputation of being an outstanding Talent evaluator. The person that I am most interested in his opinion of is Jordan bone. Bone is an outstanding athlete and super quick. He is not necessarily A take you off the dribble with a lot of Bounce to his game. But he is a handful in the pick-and-roll. I am interested in his progress from last year's to this year. I wonder how Troy Weaver views Jordan bone. I am not certain Halliburton or Hayes is an upgrade over Jordan bone. A side point is I would love if we could trade Luke and pick up Vassell or Aaron Nesmith. Nesmith shooting opens the floor players like Bone, who plays without alot of bounce but has speed to burn.

He’ll make a great player to put on a two contract. He should not affect our draft plans
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#124 » by The_Irony » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:15 pm

davidvolumes wrote:I am not certain Halliburton or Hayes is an upgrade over Jordan bone.

Yikes
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#125 » by Drwho17 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:47 pm

Jordan Bone? I mean ok, he's a good athlete and all, but he's a 22 year-old on a two-way deal at this point, who wasn't even dominate against college athletes. Where is all the hype coming from for this guy, from the G-League?
davidvolumes
Junior
And1: 154

Post#126 » by davidvolumes » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Every NBA player who played college ball didn't dominate in college. Some developed and spent time in the G League like Duncan Robinson for instance. With Jordan bone speed and quickness I see possibilities. There was a reason the Pistons used one of their second round picks on him. They obviously saw possibilities in him as well. Some are even trumpeting Kira Lewis as a possible first-round pick. I don't know if he's any better than a second-year Jordan bone who's 1 year stronger wiser to the NBA game. I'm not saying bone is the answer to a point guard problems. What I am saying is I would like to see what he looks like today has he improved. And I am most interested in the opinion of our new GM. If Weaver says he's not the guy thenI'm all in he's not our guy.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#127 » by MotownMadness » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:37 pm

You guys got me liking Kira Lewis, makes me almost want to take a wing at 7 then another pick and grab him later in the draft.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#128 » by chrbal » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:25 pm

davidvolumes wrote:Every NBA player who played college ball didn't dominate in college. Some developed and spent time in the G League like Duncan Robinson for instance. With Jordan bone speed and quickness I see possibilities. There was a reason the Pistons used one of their second round picks on him. They obviously saw possibilities in him as well. Some are even trumpeting Kira Lewis as a possible first-round pick. I don't know if he's any better than a second-year Jordan bone who's 1 year stronger wiser to the NBA game. I'm not saying bone is the answer to a point guard problems. What I am saying is I would like to see what he looks like today has he improved. And I am most interested in the opinion of our new GM. If Weaver says he's not the guy thenI'm all in he's not our guy.

Jordan bone and Justin Patton are two examples of why the g league was created and why the two way contract was added in. Bone has a lot of solid qualities, but he’s not a factor in who the pistons draft. Patton is entering his last year where he can be a two way player and I think he should get a slot if he doesn’t make the team.

Yes Jordan was a 2nd round pick by the pelicans. Got dealt to the hawks and sixers before we sent Miami’s 2024 2nd for Jordan and $2 million. So they kind of saw something in him.

He has solid skills, but his college and g league numbers still had flaws.

The pistons should give him every shot to make the team, but he’s better off in a smaller nba role next season so he can develop.

Kira is a better prospect and younger. No one’s saying he’s the end all answer at point guard though.
davidvolumes
Junior

Post#129 » by davidvolumes » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:27 pm

[quote="davidvolumes"]Every NBA player who played college ball didn't dominate in college. Some developed and spent time in the G League like Duncan Robinson for instance. With Jordan bone speed and quickness I see possibilities. There was a reason the Pistons used one of their second round picks on him. They obviously saw possibilities in him as well. Some are even trumpeting Kira Lewis as a possible first-round pick. I don't know if he's any better than a second-year Jordan bone who's 1 year stronger wiser to the NBA game. I'm not saying bone is the answer to a point guard problems. What I am saying is I would like to see what he looks like today has he improved. And I am most interested in the opinion of our new GM. If Weaver says he's not the guy thenI'm all in he's not our guy. One final thought on the subject. Van Vleet is a diminutive 6ft guard on a championship team who went undrafted. A championship team did their due diligence. Do we really have so much talent on our roster that we can Overlook a possibility?
davidvolumes
Junior

Post#130 » by davidvolumes » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:50 pm

We can agree to disagree. Look how many teams passed on Christian Woods. Somebody didn't see the possibility in Christian Woods.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#131 » by chrbal » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:57 pm

davidvolumes wrote:
davidvolumes wrote:Every NBA player who played college ball didn't dominate in college. Some developed and spent time in the G League like Duncan Robinson for instance. With Jordan bone speed and quickness I see possibilities. There was a reason the Pistons used one of their second round picks on him. They obviously saw possibilities in him as well. Some are even trumpeting Kira Lewis as a possible first-round pick. I don't know if he's any better than a second-year Jordan bone who's 1 year stronger wiser to the NBA game. I'm not saying bone is the answer to a point guard problems. What I am saying is I would like to see what he looks like today has he improved. And I am most interested in the opinion of our new GM. If Weaver says he's not the guy thenI'm all in he's not our guy. One final thought on the subject. Van Vleet is a diminutive 6ft guard on a championship team who went undrafted. A championship team did their due diligence. Do we really have so much talent on our roster that we can Overlook a possibility?

You do realize bone is still a piston right?

Fred’s college numbers were slightly better. He had 4 years of college, he played 30ish games for the raptors his rookie year. Less than 10 minutes a game. So they developed him.

That’s all I’m arguing for
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#132 » by MotownMadness » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Man if he's quick like that than he could be a good one
chrbal
RealGM

Post#133 » by chrbal » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:12 pm

davidvolumes wrote:We can agree to disagree. Look how many teams passed on Christian Woods. Somebody didn't see the possibility in Christian Woods.

First off, what? What are we agreeing to disagree on?

Wood played 4 seasons of g league ball. Getting better every season. Mostly points, rebounds and fg%. But part of the reason it took a while was questions about his attitude.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/r/robindu01d.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/w/woodch01d.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/b/bonejo01d.html

Click on those and compare their stats. Bone just needs time to develop, but he still shouldn’t factor into the pistons draft plan.
davidvolumes
Junior

Post#134 » by davidvolumes » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks for sharing the stats. My only question to you is have you seen Jordan bone play recently. I have no idea how he has developed from last year to this year. Do you? If you have seen him and you say he is still not ready I will accept your opinion.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#135 » by chrbal » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 pm

davidvolumes wrote:Thanks for sharing the stats. My only question to you is have you seen Jordan bone play recently. I have no idea how he has developed from last year to this year. Do you? If you have seen him and you say he is still not ready I will accept your opinion.

Nope. Also haven seen svi, wood, Luke,brown, Griffin, or any other piston either.

No one currently on the pistons should affect their draft plans.

Bone needs time to develop plain and simple. He turns out to be something, great. But if there is a pg available when the pistons pick, bone has nothing to do with what they choose.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#136 » by edmunder_prc » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:12 pm

Jordan Bone was not a good player last year. Maybe he makes a huge leap into a serviceable back up PG. Odds are, he doesnt.

Bone is fast and can really attack. He doesnt dribble very well for a PG, doesnt see the court well enough to pass and couldnt shoot once we made it up to the NBA from the G-league.

Bone is a lottery ticket at this point. Every team has a guy like Bone that might do something, maybe, if it all clicks. Dont bet your house on him.

Return to Detroit Pistons