Should Anthony Edwards pull and Luka?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,181

Re: Should Anthony Edwards pull and Luka? 

Post#21 » by EvanZ » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:28 pm

Read on Twitter

You'd think this list would be more impressive.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,110

Post#22 » by clyde21 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:27 pm

on the scale of useless metrics for guards dunks is pretty high up there
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Post#23 » by Creativetran » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:01 pm

UcanUwill wrote:When did Luka asked Kings not to draft, did you just made it up because its first time I hear this...

There were a lot of rumors at the time:
1. Vlade didn't like Luka's dad
2. Vlade didn't want to take the ball away from their PG
3. Luka didn't want to get drafted

All of these were just reported RUMORS so who knows.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,066

Post#24 » by UcanUwill » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:32 pm

Creativetran wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:When did Luka asked Kings not to draft, did you just made it up because its first time I hear this...

There were a lot of rumors at the time:
1. Vlade didn't like Luka's dad
2. Vlade didn't want to take the ball away from their PG
3. Luka didn't want to get drafted

All of these were just reported RUMORS so who knows.

So how come Luka met Vlade and Ranadive in Madrid, had dinner with them both and took nice pictures?
America - We didn't win World cup cause we don't care for FIBA.
Germany - Bruh, we don't even care for Basketball.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#25 » by karkinos » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1940982&p=83242920&hilit=anthony+edwards+karkinos#p83242920

i wrote this about anthony edwards a while ago and maintain my position that i would not be surprised if he fell out of the top 5.

current draft order

1. Minnesota
2. Golden State
3. Charlotte
4. Chicago
5. Cleveland
6. Atlanta
7. Detroit
8. New York
9. Washington
10. Phoenix
11. San Antonio
12. Sacramento
13. New Orleans
14. Boston (from Memphis)
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,512

Post#26 » by basketballRob » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:40 pm

karkinos wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1940982&p=83242920&hilit=anthony+edwards+karkinos#p83242920

i wrote this about anthony edwards a while ago and maintain my position that i would not be surprised if he fell out of the top 5.

current draft order

1. Minnesota
2. Golden State
3. Charlotte
4. Chicago
5. Cleveland
6. Atlanta
7. Detroit
8. New York
9. Washington
10. Phoenix
11. San Antonio
12. Sacramento
13. New Orleans
14. Boston (from Memphis)
It would be something if the Pelicans ended up with both Balls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,589

Post#27 » by Saberestar » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:30 pm

Fischella wrote:The Wolves are 1000% not picking Edwards man

Obviously this is 10000% accurate.
Midw35t
Senior
And1: 564

Post#28 » by Midw35t » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:54 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

enlighten us as to how exactly you know this to be fact... dont buy they would take Wiseman[kat] or Ball[dlo] at all so unless they hate the idea of adding a 1st option athletic slasher who can fill it up better than current roster options they are taking Edwards

Fischela claims to know a lot of things. He thinks the Wolves are a lock to take Ball. he also has Pokusevski as the 3 or 4th best player in the draft.

This Fischella person literally just says **** without actually saying ****. Everything is a certainty with him. Confuses me.

You'd think he is the front office's buddy.

Nobody has a clue as to what will happen. Could be anybody right now, including a bizarre trade.

P.s. I hate Ball and his 0 percentile PnR defense in the nothing basketball league.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#29 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Sep 7, 2020 12:50 am

Stillwater wrote:

enlighten us as to how exactly you know this to be fact... dont buy they would take Wiseman[kat] or Ball[dlo] at all so unless they hate the idea of adding a 1st option athletic slasher who can fill it up better than current roster options they are taking Edwards

I think everybody is focused on the Warriors but I think the Timberwolves are more likely to trade thier pick and go for a young nba stud in the tier of KAT and Russell. May not be Booker but somebody's going over there.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#30 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Sep 7, 2020 3:10 am

basketballRob wrote:It would be something if the Pelicans ended up with both Balls.

It would be nuts.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#31 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Sep 7, 2020 6:03 am

Would be funny if both Minnesota and GSW trade their picks away.
#DubNation
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,530

Post#32 » by Alatan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:Would be funny if both Minnesota and GSW trade their picks away.

This draft looks like it doesnt have a single top 5 talent in it so it would not surprise me one bit. The current players mocked to be in the top 5 look like traps. Id be looking to move the pick asap.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,863
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#33 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Midw35t wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Stillwater wrote:enlighten us as to how exactly you know this to be fact... dont buy they would take Wiseman[kat] or Ball[dlo] at all so unless they hate the idea of adding a 1st option athletic slasher who can fill it up better than current roster options they are taking Edwards

Fischela claims to know a lot of things. He thinks the Wolves are a lock to take Ball. he also has Pokusevski as the 3 or 4th best player in the draft.

This Fischella person literally just says **** without actually saying ****. Everything is a certainty with him. Confuses me.

You'd think he is the front office's buddy.

Nobody has a clue as to what will happen. Could be anybody right now, including a bizarre trade.

P.s. I hate Ball and his 0 percentile PnR defense in the nothing basketball league.

If the Wolves fall in love with Lamelo, we'll trade them the version of Lamelo that likes defense for the #1 pick... maybe y'all could throw in one of those young wings too, since we're considering absurd things and all. :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Post#34 » by nybluemeadow » Mon Nov 2, 2020 10:36 pm

I remember Luka's dad told Vlade Divac and the Kings not to draft Luka.

Looks like Wiseman has already told the wolves not to draft him. As for Edwards, who knows if he wants to spend his winters in MINN or go to SF or back to the south in North Carolina
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#35 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Nov 2, 2020 11:51 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
basketballRob wrote:It would be something if the Pelicans ended up with both Balls.

It would be nuts.

out...the both of you
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#36 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Nov 4, 2020 12:17 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Should Anthony Edwards pull and Luka and force the Wolves not to select him so he can end up with the GSW?

Few years ago, Luka asked the Kings not to select him and it worked. There is a huge culture difference and work environment difference between teaming up with Towns and teaming up with Curry.

Curry is still in his prime but will also be turning 33yr soon, and Edwards could be the new go to guy for the GSW 5 years down the line.

Why would he do this. Winning is important but not to rookies. Rookies wanna play..... or at least rookies at that talent level. If you took a lottery caliber player and said you could win like Darco or lose Ike Towns most would pick what Towns has. At least you can establish yourself as a binafide star. After that the choice is yours. Go jump onto some championship ready team later. Or actually build a championship team around your talents. I get most fail at that and its nice Harrison Barnes has a title but nobody here truly looks at him like some championship piece. Id even argue that there isn't even a solid correlation that rookies drafted to good teams develop better. Most future HOF start on **** teams and have to build those **** teams up over yrs of playing time. Im sure some might throw out your Tyler Heros. Thats a niche player playing a niche on a good team who 10 yrs from now will have the same exact niche he came in with.
LukaV
Senior
And1: 687

Post#37 » by LukaV » Wed Nov 4, 2020 7:37 pm

There have never been any reliable reports claiming that Dončić did anything specifically targeted at discouraging the Kings to draft him. If anyone thinks to the contrary, please post a link, thanks.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#38 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 4, 2020 11:10 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Should Anthony Edwards pull and Luka and force the Wolves not to select him so he can end up with the GSW?

Few years ago, Luka asked the Kings not to select him and it worked. There is a huge culture difference and work environment difference between teaming up with Towns and teaming up with Curry.

Curry is still in his prime but will also be turning 33yr soon, and Edwards could be the new go to guy for the GSW 5 years down the line.

Please provide a link or something as backup for your claim that Luka asked the Kings not to select him. Thanks.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,033

Post#39 » by shangrila » Sun Nov 8, 2020 8:38 pm

I don't think he has that sort of leverage.

He could do it, sure, but so what? If the Wolves want him they'll take him. He doesn't have the Euroleague to fall back on like Doncic would have.

Further, he can't afford to start crossing teams off his list. He's got a number of flaws and if teams get antsy about his attitude he could drop which would cost him millions. I would imagine Klutch knows this well and would advise against comments like that.

Return to NBA Draft