Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,049

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#241 » by slick_watts » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:53 pm

thor19 wrote:Would you give 5 first round pick, dennis, sign and trade Gallo and Nader or filler to suns for devin Booker ?

lol no.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#242 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:10 am

Thunder fans! Sixers fan in peace here. I have a few questions for you guys:

1) Do you think CP3 will be on the block this summer?

2) If yes, what do you think his value is? Here's a trade proposal I suggested but wanna hear your thoughts...

HOU out: Gordon, Tucker
HOU in: Horford

OKC out: Paul
OKC in: Richardson, Gordon, Tucker (exp), #36, 2021 NYK 2nd

PHI out: Richardson, Horford, #36, 2021 NYK 2nd
PHI in: Paul
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,113

Post#243 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:31 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Thunder fans! Sixers fan in peace here. I have a few questions for you guys:

2) If yes, what do you think his value is? Here's a trade proposal I suggested but wanna hear your thoughts...

Pretty sure that he's (even more considering the fact that our owner won't be happy about paying him 40+ millions while struggling financially because of the covid situation).

I personally would like to keep him because he's helping our young guys development.

We need to find another team for at least two of Richardson/Tucker/Gordon but that's good value! (probably too good, I don't like this trade for Houston at all)
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#244 » by getrichordie » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:38 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Thunder fans! Sixers fan in peace here. I have a few questions for you guys:

Pretty sure that he's (even more considering the fact that our owner won't be happy about paying him 40+ millions while struggling financially because of the covid situation).

I personally would like to keep him because he's helping our young guys development.

We need to find another team for at least two of Richardson/Tucker/Gordon but that's good value! (probably too good, I don't like this trade for Houston at all)

Either way, we were going to be paying similar amounts of $ to Westbrook. My hope is that the ownership was prepared to be paying out large sums of money. They couldn't have foreseen COVID-19, but I do think there is major impetus to shed salary commitment this offseason... which is why I don't see Paul netting anyone like a Murray or even a FRP. A mix of smaller, unwanted contracts, SRP(s), and project players are much more likely, IMO.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
thor19
Junior
And1: 65

Post#245 » by thor19 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:23 pm

I think the biggest problem sixers have is not Horford , for me is Harris. I know Horford contract is bad , and to get rid of that contract sixers will have to give a lot of players or picks(milton, thybulle, okc pick, own picks)
Horford fit with Ben , not with joel and ben playing together, but joel is a injury prone player, they will need a backup center for load management embiid. You can use hortford as a six man and play embiid 25- 30.
Also Harris contract is worse than Horford . I know Harris is a better player than Al right now but Harris dint play that well either for that kind of money. With no Ben Simmons, Harris need to step up (game 1 15 pts, 2 13pts, 3 15pts , 4 20 pts )
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#246 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:12 pm

thor19 wrote:

I think the biggest problem sixers have is not Horford , for me is Harris. I know Horford contract is bad , and to get rid of that contract sixers will have to give a lot of players or picks(milton, thybulle, okc pick, own picks)
Horford fit with Ben , not with joel and ben playing together, but joel is a injury prone player, they will need a backup center for load management embiid. You can use hortford as a six man and play embiid 25- 30.
Also Harris contract is worse than Horford . I know Harris is a better player than Al right now but Harris dint play that well either for that kind of money. With no Ben Simmons, Harris need to step up (game 1 15 pts, 2 13pts, 3 15pts , 4 20 pts )

I agree that Harris needs to go first, but ultimately, they both need to go IMO. What do you think of the value of the trade? Would you do it?

Edit: Would you do a Harris + minor assets for Paul?

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#247 » by Dn4sty » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:54 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
thor19 wrote:

I agree that Harris needs to go first, but ultimately, they both need to go IMO. What do you think of the value of the trade? Would you do it?

I don’t think that Harris is a bad as he looked against Boston, but his contract is yikes bad, primarily because of length. He’s owed approximately 65-70 million more than CP3 and as a result I don’t think that minor assets get it done. I think I’d want Shake, 2020 1st returned, and either another future first (lottery protected) or Thybulle, which isn’t minor assets.
thor19
Junior
And1: 65

Post#248 » by thor19 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:31 am

Dn4sty wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
thor19 wrote:

I don’t think that Harris is a bad as he looked against Boston, but his contract is yikes bad, primarily because of length. He’s owed approximately 65-70 million more than CP3 and as a result I don’t think that minor assets get it done. I think I’d want Shake, 2020 1st returned, and either another future first (lottery protected) or Thybulle, which isn’t minor assets.

I dont think okc do something like take Harris unless we get Thybulle our pick and other assets and if we cant sing and trade Gallo. If Gallo walk for free and Presti can find someone who want CP3 maybe he make a deal like that and take Harris Bad contract. The good thing imagine Dort and Thybulle together in defense, the bad thing i.agine those two players in offense
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#249 » by youngthegiant » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:25 am

#22 pick for Dort?

or

#22 + Gary Harris for Schroeder?
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#250 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:59 pm

thor19 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

I dont think okc do something like take Harris unless we get Thybulle our pick and other assets and if we cant sing and trade Gallo. If Gallo walk for free and Presti can find someone who want CP3 maybe he make a deal like that and take Harris Bad contract. The good thing imagine Dort and Thybulle together in defense, the bad thing i.agine those two players in offense

What do you guys think about this? Sac fans seem to be on board.

OKC in: Barnes, Smith, Scott (exp), #21, #35, 2021 NYK 2nd

Get your pick back. Smith a prospect with upside, seems
like a Presti pick. Barnes contract declines, with potential to be moved at some point.

PHI out: Harris, Richardson, Smith, Scott, #21, 2021 NYK 2nd
PHI in: Paul, Hield

Get our new PG/SG combo.

SAC out: Hield, Barnes, #35
SAC in: Harris, Richardson

Get good value for a disgruntled Hield, including a player they were interested in last summer. Likely to increase their win total for next season.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#251 » by Balkman32 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:14 pm

youngthegiant wrote:#22 pick for Dort?

or

#22 + Gary Harris for Schroeder?

Nah. The Thunder want picks in future years. Dort ain't going anywhere. He is the starting 2 Guard.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#252 » by Balkman32 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:26 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
thor19 wrote:

I don't think the 6ers move on from Thybulle. But, I do think there is a price that the 6ers could pay to get the Thunder to take on both Harris and Horford for Paul and Gallo (in an S&T). I think that price is 2-3 future FRP. The Thunder don't mind the picks being in 2025 and 2027.

The Thunder will continue to try to get picks for an asset then try to flip that new contract for more FRP. If the Thunder can layer these FRP it will allow them to move within the draft to get the correct assets to go up and get their guys in the drafts 21 and beyond.

The Thunder are big fish hunting. Cade Cunningham & Emoni Bates would look really nice next to Shai.

Enjoy the rest of this playoff series. It might be the last one we get to see over the next couple of years.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#253 » by Balkman32 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:36 pm

thor19 wrote:

If the Thunder acquired Harris they would be able to flip him for a first and an expiring deal. Horford would probably get stuck on the books unless a team became in dire need for a C and they would probably pay more for an Expiring Adams. I don't think Houston is interested in adding a C that makes money. They will find guys in min deals.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,947

Post#254 » by soxperry » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:27 am

Milwaukee trades: Giannis

OKC trades: Adams + (draft picks)

If he doesnt sign the super max, you guys are built to plug Giannis in and contend. Good defense that would be improved with him in the front court and plenty of ball handlers and shooters around him.
mr570
Senior
And1: 293

Post#255 » by mr570 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:02 am

soxperry wrote:Milwaukee trades: Giannis

If he doesnt sign the super max, you guys are built to plug Giannis in and contend. Good defense that would be improved with him in the front court and plenty of ball handlers and shooters around him.

What are you smoking dude
mr570
Senior

Post#256 » by mr570 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:13 am

I would really like to see us try to trade up to get RJ Hampton from this draft. I think he's going to be really good and a great fit with this team.
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#257 » by Woerzboerg » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:25 pm

mr570 wrote:

If Milwaukee has to move on from Giannis because he wants out, do they get a better offer than Adams and a part of the 5 Million Draftpicks Presti has? I doubt it. The question ist whether Presti should do such a deal. Is a potential one-year-rental of Giannis worth giving up 3 to 5 Firstrounder? Assuming we would then retain Gallo Noel and Roberson for cheap money (like 10 Million a year for Gallo and vet-min for Roberson and Noel) how far could the following squad go?

Paul/SGA/Dort/Giannis/Noel
Schröder/Roberson/Bazeley/Gallo/Muscala
mr570
Senior

Post#258 » by mr570 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:39 pm

Woerzboerg wrote:
mr570 wrote:

If Milwaukee has to move on from Giannis because he wants out, do they get a better offer than Adams and a part of the 5 Million Draftpicks Presti has? I doubt it. The question ist whether Presti should do such a deal. Is a potential one-year-rental of Giannis worth giving up 3 to 5 Firstrounder? Assuming we would then retain Gallo Noel and Roberson for cheap money (like 10 Million a year for Gallo and vet-min for Roberson and Noel) how far could the following squad go?

Not far at all. The future of OKC is passing-filled skilled players with athletic ability. Bazley was a sign of that imo and how the team played this year outside of the playoffs as well. Donovan is a different coach during the playoffs. I don't think the team wants another Russell Westbrook.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#259 » by Dn4sty » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:49 pm

mr570 wrote:
Woerzboerg wrote:
mr570 wrote:What are you smoking dude

Not far at all. The future of OKC is passing-filled skilled players with athletic ability. Bazley was a sign of that imo and how the team played this year outside of the playoffs as well. Donovan is a different coach during the playoffs. I don't think the team wants another Russell Westbrook.

This team with Giannis is a huge upgrade. He would instantly put this okc team in contention to win the entire thing. You’d have to find a better center than Noel but you’d have the Tax MLE and two trade exceptions to do so (I would love Baynes for the Tax MLE)

You’d also have a legit shot at upgrading the players on the fringes of the roster as ring chasers would surely want to play with a team like this.
mr570
Senior

Post#260 » by mr570 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 8:32 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
mr570 wrote:
Woerzboerg wrote:

This team with Giannis is a huge upgrade. He would instantly put this okc team in contention to win the entire thing. You’d have to find a better center than Noel but you’d have the Tax MLE and two trade exceptions to do so (I would love Baynes for the Tax MLE)

You’d also have a legit shot at upgrading the players on the fringes of the roster as ring chasers would surely want to play with a team like this.

I don't see it. It's not a team full of shooters. Chris Paul would be gone in this scenario. SGA is more of a drive and dish style PG.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder