ImageImageImageImageImage

Buck's Boycott

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Buck's Boycott 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Is our playoff run done? Is the bubble done?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#2 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Seems like it. I don't see how you can continue the playoffs if the players are going to boycott. I doubt the Bucks and Magic will be the only ones doing it.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#3 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Safe to say that this season is most likely over.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#4 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:00 pm

Read on Twitter
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#5 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#6 » by NickP » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:06 pm

Two things. There's a lot of talk about the Wisconsin shooting. As horrible as it is, we need to wait till the facts have come out. I'm not going to rush to judgement that these cops are also racist. They may be wrong in their actions but what I'm told and know about is there actions were by the book. Instead of gaslighting the situation more, the players should ask for calm. Things are burning in Wisconsin that have nothing to do with either the cops or the victim.
Second. How many of us really have that luxury to boycott the rest of the year or even a week? Yeah I'd allow my team or I'd be allowed by my bosses but against my PTO.
Also what facts did Doc have with him when he so blatantly said what he said? Yes speaking on intolerance is his right and he should but in the absence of facts he should not have gone to that extent. We've seen enough burning and looting and people losing their livelihoods.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Post#7 » by esqtvd » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:06 pm

Everyone will boycott. Adam Silver will boycott. The NBA will boycott itself. Things shut down for a few days.

Read on Twitter
?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#8 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#9 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:21 pm

Wish I could just not show up for work and everyone be cool with it
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#10 » by esqtvd » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:45 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:Wish I could just not show up for work and everyone be cool with it

If they all donated todays pay to the dude it would do some good. Not this. Making people angrier while Kenosha is burning is BS.

mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#11 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:51 pm

esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Wish I could just not show up for work and everyone be cool with it

If they all donated todays pay to the dude it would do some good. Not this. Making people angrier while Kenosha is burning is BS.

I'll admit that being white, I'm sure I don't understand dealing w racism the way a black person may.
But these guys boycotting games, refusing to play, demanding change etc don't actually do anything about it. They just say they want change then go comfortably kick it in their multi million dollar mansions.
I'm about ready to move to Europe or some **** though. The USA is embarrassing on so many levels lol
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#12 » by NippySudz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:53 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Is our playoff run done? Is the bubble done?

We'll find out tonight after 8m
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I just hope they put those cops in prison more than anything. if it takes sacrificing a season to get some political changes, so be it.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#13 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:01 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I'll admit that being white, I'm sure I don't understand dealing w racism the way a black person may.
But these guys boycotting games, refusing to play, demanding change etc don't actually do anything about it. They just say they want change then go comfortably kick it in their multi million dollar mansions.
I'm about ready to move to Europe or some **** though. The USA is embarrassing on so many levels lol

My main issue with the boycott is that the NBA has no control over the justice system. The most that can really be done is convincing the owners to start funding certain political causes, but that still doesn't guarantee anything changes. Ultimately, I just don't see what this accomplishes longterm.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#14 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:03 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

My main issue with the boycott is that the NBA has no control over the justice system. The most that can really be done is convincing the owners to start funding certain political causes, but that still doesn't guarantee anything changes. Ultimately, I just don't see what this accomplishes longterm.
Couldn't agree more. It does nothing other than irritate fans who went without sports for 4 months and now they're disappearing again.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by NippySudz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:15 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

lol these billionaires influence change when it comes to making superPACs on both side of the isles to push more money into their pockets but they can't affect change? Eh, I'm calling BS on that one. The bucks were able to talk to the Wisconsin AG. What normal person can just call up a state official on a phone call?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by NippySudz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:58 pm

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#17 » by TheNewEra » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:43 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Think you not acknowledging them also as black men who have family and friends who are not millionaires. We have also seen players profiled I think their has been a lack of humanity aspect from certain people that is reallly gross
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#18 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:53 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:I'll admit that being white, I'm sure I don't understand dealing w racism the way a black person may.

Couldn't agree more. It does nothing other than irritate fans who went without sports for 4 months and now they're disappearing again.

America might be about BLM-ed out.

Tucker Carlson ratings--4.33 million https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/tucker-carlson-fox-news-trump-liberal-duckworth-1234734035/

NBA Playoff ratings--1.875 million https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba-amico/nba-playoff-ratings-down

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

https://lidblog.com/violent-crime-driving-trumps-approval/

The latest Zogby Analytics poll just shared with Secrets had Trump’s approval at 52%. “The president has recorded his best job approval rating on record,” said pollster Jonathan Zogby.

What’s more, his approval rating among minorities was solid and, in the case of African Americans, shockingly high. Zogby said 36% of blacks approve of the president, as do 37% of Hispanics and 35% of Asians.

Approval among independent voters is also up, to 44%. And “intriguingly,” said Zogby, 23% of Democrats approve of Trump.

Jonathan Zogby said the riots in cities such as Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon, are pushing urban voters to Trump.

“Another factor continuing to help the president’s high approval rating is a rise in crime in our nation’s biggest cities. Unlike a year ago, the president is performing well with voters in large cities. It’s highly likely he is benefiting from the uptick in violence. His law-and-order message is resonating with urban voters at the moment,” said the analysis.

What does this all mean? First, it seems that the President’s law and order message is working and is slowly expanding his base. Secondly, all those naysayers who claim that Joe Biden has a huge lead in this race are wrong. This is a close election and will continue to be tight through election day only just 68 days away.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:37 am

esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:My main issue with the boycott is that the NBA has no control over the justice system. The most that can really be done is convincing the owners to start funding certain political causes, but that still doesn't guarantee anything changes. Ultimately, I just don't see what this accomplishes longterm.

America might be about BLM-ed out.

Tucker Carlson ratings--4.33 million https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/tucker-carlson-fox-news-trump-liberal-duckworth-1234734035/

NBA Playoff ratings--1.875 million https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba-amico/nba-playoff-ratings-down

Read on Twitter
?

Read on Twitter
?

https://lidblog.com/violent-crime-driving-trumps-approval/

The latest Zogby Analytics poll just shared with Secrets had Trump’s approval at 52%. “The president has recorded his best job approval rating on record,” said pollster Jonathan Zogby.

What’s more, his approval rating among minorities was solid and, in the case of African Americans, shockingly high. Zogby said 36% of blacks approve of the president, as do 37% of Hispanics and 35% of Asians.

Approval among independent voters is also up, to 44%. And “intriguingly,” said Zogby, 23% of Democrats approve of Trump.

Jonathan Zogby said the riots in cities such as Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Portland, Oregon, are pushing urban voters to Trump.

“Another factor continuing to help the president’s high approval rating is a rise in crime in our nation’s biggest cities. Unlike a year ago, the president is performing well with voters in large cities. It’s highly likely he is benefiting from the uptick in violence. His law-and-order message is resonating with urban voters at the moment,” said the analysis.

What does this all mean? First, it seems that the President’s law and order message is working and is slowly expanding his base. Secondly, all those naysayers who claim that Joe Biden has a huge lead in this race are wrong. This is a close election and will continue to be tight through election day only just 68 days away.

"might be"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#20 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:03 am

Us and the Lakers voted to end the season now. Lame.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers