ImageImageImageImageImage

George Floyd (and aftermath): Part 2

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Re: George Floyd (and aftermath): Part 2 

Post#81 » by nedleeds » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:20 am

bishnykfan wrote:No excuses, but what do you think was going to happen? What happened in Minneapolis, Louisville, and so many other places is tragic. Change needs to happen whatever that change means, it is time for it to happen. I think that the overwhelming majority of people across the country would agree with that. But rioting and violence is not the answer. It won't help win the majority over. When the protesting turns too rioting and violence then the people will respond. Only bad things will happen. Unfortunately, I don't think that last night was the conclusion. It will get worse from both sides.

I never ever would have thought Trump had a chance in May. But BLM, Democratic Mayors and Governors, Hidin Biden might just get it done. Totally and completely unheard of.

Complete opportunity to dismantle the failed war on drugs, rid ourselves of prison economics and mandatory minimums and it's all been flushed down the toilet. Now we're burning cities and businesses down over knife wielding felons committing almost-suicide by cop. It's a wasted chance.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#82 » by nedleeds » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:36 am

BallSacBounce wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
This was never going to end up any other way. Unrelenting uncontrolled riots were going to eventually bring out the militias spoiling for a fight and the cops will take the help where they can get it..

Easiest way to stop this is for local politicians to gain control over the rioters but the Democrats have no appetite for that. Well, unintended consequences and all that. It all needs to stop and now.

We get it. Let's excuse armed white militias from showing up in black neighborhoods when they shoot to kill, because hey! unintended consequences yo!

You continue to reveal your vile Nazi nature with every single post

You're a weird little dude.

Amusing but strange.

Yes, those roving white militias that were showing up in black neighborhoods for 8 years of our black president. GTFO. They're showing up because it's total Beirut with peoples apartments and (white) businesses being burned the ground by unrelenting mobs of anarchists. Blame the cowards in office locally, blame the left for embracing burn loot and murder instead of black lives matter.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#83 » by BallSacBounce » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:11 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Cops should have rushed and tackled him they had the time it appears. Instead they let him create a situation where they could use deadly force.

It does look like Blake was reaching down to get that knife. However my point is it could have been avoided.

Question to me is could that have been prevented with different training/local procedures. It looks to me the cops were afraid and only wanted to handle this situation from a distance so the only options then are taser and gun and I think that's the problem.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,643

Post#84 » by mpharris36 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:21 am

BallSacBounce wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Cops should have rushed and tackled him they had the time it appears. Instead they let him create a situation where they could use deadly force.

It does look like Blake was reaching down to get that knife. However my point is it could have been avoided.

Question to me is could that have been prevented with different training/local procedures. It looks to me the cops were afraid and only wanted to handle this situation from a distance so the only options then are taser and gun and I think that's the problem.

It was stated on the police audio that they knew there was an active warrant out for his arrest...so it wasn't accurate that he trying to breakup a fight. His girfriend must have had a restraining order or something on him because he called the police saying he was no allowed on her property.

All in all, that still doesn't excuse the end result. Like you said there have got to be better ways to detain someone. They tried to taser him and but he also has to know he has an active warrant on him and he wants nothing to do with being arrested which why he wasn't going to just comply.

I don't know I honestly don't have any answers outside of don't shoot him.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#85 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 am

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,806

Post#86 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 am

mpharris36 wrote:I don't know I honestly don't have any answers outside of don't shoot him.

You shouldn't have any other answers - that's not your job - and the answer you gave is really the only one that matters here.

I mean, F*CK - STOP NEEDLESSLY KILLING PEOPLE WITH HIGHER MELANIN CONTENT THAN YOU. Right?

I'd call it unbelievable if I didn't already know just how believable it was.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,806

Post#87 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 am

C'mon man. This is infuriating.

Read on Twitter
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#88 » by robillionaire » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:08 am

right wingers are openly defending the vigilante mass shooter now, there is no turning back
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,633

Post#89 » by Pointgod » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:18 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fire and arrest all of those cops who engaged in tacit conspiracies with the militias. They encouraged and condoned that behavior which makes them accomplices. The can't be trusted to "Protect and Serve."

I can’t see the police chief keeping a job after this. This is **** disgusting. They’re laughing and paling around with a murderer. This is the height of white privilege. He was a minor with an AR15 and the police didn’t stop to check that he’s licensed to carry. They could have saved lives by just doing their jobs properly.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#90 » by Tron Carter » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:19 am

you think I put it beyond these depraved pigs to plant a knife on this guy after they fired 7 slugs in his back?

it’s always the same spin from these right wing chucklefukk hucksters. they’ll push any agenda for their fascists overlords. these bs police reports written by klan members in blue uniforms are worth less then nothing.

Look at the bogus report pigs wrote after they harassed Masai Ujiri compared to the body cam video..
R.I.P Black Mamba
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#91 » by mpharris36 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:24 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:I don't know I honestly don't have any answers outside of don't shoot him.

You shouldn't have any other answers - that's not your job - and the answer you gave is really the only one that matters here.

I mean, F*CK - STOP NEEDLESSLY KILLING PEOPLE WITH HIGHER MELANIN CONTENT THAN YOU. Right?

I'd call it unbelievable if I didn't already know just how believable it was.

100% with you my guy. I guess the whole situation is tough to understand I think its human nature to try and put yourself in that position and how would you react.

I have a young son if I was in a position where someone was pointing a gun at me I would do everything in my power just to make it through that event so I could be there for him. Now that isn't an excuse fot what transpired because regardless of what past was and his girfriend obviously was scared enough to call the cops on him in the first place...that still doesn't give someone the right to attempt to end someones life. You just get to the point where you can't trust the officers to make the right decision so don't give them a reason I guess that would be my approach.

Being fortunate enough to never have a gun pointed at me in any situation I understand the frustration and anger that people feel when they are a target.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#92 » by mpharris36 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:26 am

Tron Carter wrote:you think I put it beyond these depraved pigs to plant a knife on this guy after they fired 7 slugs in his back?

it’s always the same spin from these right wing chucklefukk hucksters. they’ll push any agenda for their fascists overlords. these bs police reports written by klan members in blue uniforms are worth less then nothing.

Look at the bogus report pigs wrote after they harassed Masai Ujiri compared to the body cam video..

to be fair the repot said he specifically admitted to having a knife no gun though.

ROSTER

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#93 » by Tron Carter » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:30 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:you think I put it beyond these depraved pigs to plant a knife on this guy after they fired 7 slugs in his back?

to be fair the repot said he specifically admitted to having a knife no gun though.

Like I said, that’s what the report is claiming.
R.I.P Black Mamba
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#94 » by mpharris36 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:39 am

Tron Carter wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

It should be easy enough to fact check because thank the lord the guy is alive. If the AG lied in the report (that Blake specifically acknowledge he himself had a knife) we have much bigger issues and he needs to be fired ASAP. Those interviews are on the record I would hope and Blake's attorney I assume would have been on hand if they were questioning him.

I am curious to hear from his girlfriend who called the cops on him. But again there is so much unknown which is why for the life of me that every single cop on active duty and every police force has to require there officers to wear and have on a body cam at all times. Why is that so hard? It not only protects the citizens it also protects the officers to if they feel they acted in the right. Its such a simple thing and I would hope that would have long term positive effects where these videos would get reviewed by a 3rd party and if action was required there would be evidence to support and not only fire but arrest the cops committing the acts of violence.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#95 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:55 am

BallSacBounce wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fire and arrest all of those cops who engaged in tacit conspiracies with the militias. They encouraged and condoned that behavior which makes them accomplices. The can't be trusted to "Protect and Serve."

This was never going to end up any other way. Unrelenting uncontrolled riots were going to eventually bring out the militias spoiling for a fight and the cops will take the help where they can get it..

Easiest way to stop this is for local politicians to gain control over the rioters but the Democrats have no appetite for that. Well, unintended consequences and all that. It all needs to stop and now.

The cops will get the help where they can get it? Did that come from the Chief of Police? The Mayor? Is it in the Kenosha PD Handbook or Police Directives?

Please stop. The cops are with the neo nazis. Look up Oath Keepers.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,569

Post#96 » by Fat Kat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:24 am

Read on Twitter

Don’t argue with people trying to make excuses for this filth. They’re trying to distract you with their “wait for all of the evidence” nonsense. Folks crossed state lines carrying assault rifles, buddied up with these same cops, and then proceeded to kill people. The cops didn’t feel endangered then and they didn’t feel endangered when they shot Jacob Blake.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#97 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:31 am

Fat Kat wrote:

Read on Twitter

Don’t argue with people trying to make excuses for this filth. They’re trying to distract you with their “wait for all of the evidence” nonsense. Folks crossed state lines carrying assault rifles, buddied up with these same cops, and then proceeded to kill people. The cops didn’t feel endangered then and they didn’t feel endangered when they shot Jacob Blake.

Wow, that was two years ago he said to lock up the darkies so they can't breed. This guy should be put on suspension now and investigated.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#98 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 am

Fat Kat wrote:

Read on Twitter

Can you imagine if Black folk did that?

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,633

Post#99 » by Pointgod » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:15 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

It should be easy enough to fact check because thank the lord the guy is alive. If the AG lied in the report (that Blake specifically acknowledge he himself had a knife) we have much bigger issues and he needs to be fired ASAP. Those interviews are on the record I would hope and Blake's attorney I assume would have been on hand if they were questioning him.

I am curious to hear from his girlfriend who called the cops on him. But again there is so much unknown which is why for the life of me that every single cop on active duty and every police force has to require there officers to wear and have on a body cam at all times. Why is that so hard? It not only protects the citizens it also protects the officers to if they feel they acted in the right. Its such a simple thing and I would hope that would have long term positive effects where these videos would get reviewed by a 3rd party and if action was required there would be evidence to support and not only fire but arrest the cops committing the acts of violence.

Here’s a comment from the guy who recorded it.

Read on Twitter
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#100 » by nedleeds » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:53 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Its almost like the cops who make nothing don't have the funds for body cams, other equipment and effective training. As for the GF if she's also the mother of those kids she isn't saying ****. Mr Beat, Rape and threaten people with a gun while drunk is about to get a 2 million dollar go fund me and she can cash that out and gtf away from this dudes backfist.

Return to New York Knicks