ImageImageImage

PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#6, R1): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [6]Utah Jazz (2-3), SUN/Aug30, 21:30ET

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#6, R1): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [6]Utah Jazz (2-3), SUN/Aug30, 21:30ET 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:18 pm

Another DO OR DIE game for the Nuggets. I copy/paste starting lineups from Tuesday, but as you all know, chances for Harris comeback is growing, he is already before previous game upgraded to questionable. Also, there are some chances that Porter will start instead of Millsap or Dozier instead of Morris.

This series is already epic crazy, but if it goes into game 7 madness will be complete!

Apart from lack of P'N'R and perimeter defense (which can be partly solved by Harris come back), the other big Denver issue about which still nobody talking (but it is obvious for me) is the lack of Jokic full COVID19 recovery. He is physically still not the same man we know the last 2-3 seasons. I will repeat shocking stats, in 8 seeding bubble games and 5 2020 playoff games Jokic just 4 times have more than 7 rebounds (3 of these 4 games were overtime games) and in the playoff, he still didn't have more than 6 assists. Someone would blame his weight loss, but I think it is only helpful to him, and weight has nothing with passes, simple Joker can't be involved in every Nuggets attack like before. So instead of like Tim Duncan, Jokic is used as some kind of Dirk Nowitzki so far. I'm sure it is not another Malone bizarre experiment, but Jokic's current physical reality. On a positive note, Jokic is successful so far in this "pure shooter-center" role with "Larry Bird without defense" numbers 27-8-5 (63%TS%, 47%3p%), and Gobert and Mitchell which suffered coronavirus already in March really look 100% ready, so I guess we can expect fully recovered Joker since the very first game of the next season, and maybe to improve during this playoff if Nuggets survive 1st round.

Jokic forced to not be Jokic, the team's point-center, forced Jamal Murray to be a new team's on-court general, and he is sensational in that new role so far, because it not damaged his basic scoring dutty in the team but improved, so his TS% so far is unreal 69% (including 52%3p%), with monster 31-6-7 numbers.

The other two which should play up to 40 minutes are Grant and MPJ. Grant is our most trustful defenseman in this series, and he improved from bench to starter. MPJ lost his bubble starter status with no reason, as a scapegoat for the team's overall bad defense. If we traded Beasley to Minnesota's Covington, it makes sense to bench Porter this playoff, but that is not the case. Porter is taller than Craig and faster than old Millsap, so defense is not so significantly worse with him on the court like how much our offense is worse without him.

Good luck!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#6, R1): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [6]Utah Jazz (2-3), THU/Aug25, 16:30ET 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:38 pm

I found a magic bottle and the genie gave me three wishes, but I could only use them for this game - the genie was a Nuggets fan.

Wish #1: The only offensive play the Nuggets run when Jokic is on the floor is to pass the ball and everyone moves and cuts.

Wish #2: Help defense would show up when the Jazz do a pick-n-roll.

Wish #3: The Nuggets would stop with the over-play on outside players for pick-n-roll and 3pt shooters - especially Jokic & Plumlee.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#6, R1): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [6]Utah Jazz (2-3), THU/Aug27, 16:30ET 

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:21 pm

A possible scenario is that game will be postponed tomorrow from the original THU Aug-27 schedule.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,787

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#6, R1): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [6]Utah Jazz (2-3), THU/Aug27, 16:30ET 

Post#4 » by TunaFish » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:30 pm

THE J0KER wrote:A possible scenario is that game will be postponed tomorrow from the original THU Aug-27 schedule.

Just saw that the Bucks are on strike and the rest of the NBA players followed them out. The NBA has some thinking to do about how to handle the near future. This is a continuation of the nightmare that is 2020.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:36 am

Everyday of delay makes Harris' return more likely. He won't solve all of our problems, but he can help!
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#6 » by TunaFish » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:45 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Everyday of delay makes Harris' return more likely. He won't solve all of our problems, but he can help!

A delay helps the Nuggets, without a doubt. Problem is that this might not be a delay.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:54 am

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Everyday of delay makes Harris' return more likely. He won't solve all of our problems, but he can help!

A delay helps the Nuggets, without a doubt. Problem is that this might not be a delay.

What else would it be ?? NBA solidarity looks to be supported on this issue
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:59 am

skywalker33 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

I have no doubt it is a delay. The NBA players are not going to make this a long-term delay. They just want to make a statement. I have no idea how long the delay would be, but I suspect we'll probably be playing Friday or Saturday.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#9 » by TunaFish » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:06 am

skywalker33 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

We will soon see. The NBA meets soon and perhaps they will figure out a compromise. Lebron is leading the way and he has been a vocal supporter of the Buck's decision to strike. They didn't say how to end the strike. Black Lives Matter is a for real protest for a lot of NBA players and they intend to make a strong statement.

We could be looking at the end of the season.
Canned in Denver.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#10 » by TunaFish » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:13 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:A delay helps the Nuggets, without a doubt. Problem is that this might not be a delay.

I have no doubt it is a delay. The NBA players are not going to make this a long-term delay. They just want to make a statement. I have no idea how long the delay would be, but I suspect we'll probably be playing Friday or Saturday.

Right now I would say the rest of the season is up in the air. Owners and players reps will be meeting soon. Some of these players have already made a lot of money and they may decide to take a stand. What that means remains to be seen.

A video of a policeman shooting a black man in the back is just the kind of trigger to create a massive outcry. This can spread or cooler heads may find an appropriate response without ending the season.

I call it a tossup.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:13 am

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:What else would it be ?? NBA solidarity looks to be supported on this issue

Right now I would say the rest of the season is up in the air. Owners and players reps will be meeting soon. Some of these players have already made a lot of money and they may decide to take a stand. What that means remains to be seen.

A video of a policeman shooting a black man in the back is just the kind of trigger to create a massive outcry. This can spread or cooler heads may find an appropriate response without ending the season.

I call it a tossup.

Yes, some of the players can afford to skip the rest of the season, but most can not.
Yes, some of the players can afford to skip the rest of the season, but they usually have the biggest egos and will want to fight for a ring.

A strong statement can be made and this delay has made a statement. I think they'll work it out fairly soon. We shall see how good a prognosticator I am. :pray: :wizard: :cowboy:
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#12 » by TunaFish » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I have no doubt it is a delay. The NBA players are not going to make this a long-term delay. They just want to make a statement. I have no idea how long the delay would be, but I suspect we'll probably be playing Friday or Saturday.

I call it a tossup.

Yes, some of the players can afford to skip the rest of the season, but most can not.
Yes, some of the players can afford to skip the rest of the season, but they usually have the biggest egos and will want to fight for a ring.

A strong statement can be made and this delay has made a statement. I think they'll work it out fairly soon. We shall see how good a prognosticator I am. :pray: :wizard: :cowboy:

I hope you are right!
Canned in Denver.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#13 » by Manolito » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:41 pm

They will resume the games at the weekend, players can't afford a lockout considering how uncertain season 2020/21 is already.

Anyway, any extra day is gold for GHarris recovery.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:31 am

Manolito wrote:They will resume the games at the weekend, players can't afford a lockout considering how uncertain season 2020/21 is already.

Anyway, any extra day is gold for GHarris recovery.

:onfire:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#6, R1): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [6]Utah Jazz (2-3), SUN/Aug30, 21:30ET 

Post#15 » by THE J0KER » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:57 am

Game#6 is scheduled now for Sunday, August 30, at 21:30 ET.

I guess chances for Harris playing are now over 50% after three days extra.
skywalker33

Post#16 » by skywalker33 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:14 pm

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:What else would it be ?? NBA solidarity looks to be supported on this issue

I call it a tossup.

Ok, what true impact do they impose ? They lose some money, owners as well. But is anyone going to truly be impacted by this delay other than teams ? I know I enjoy the ENTERTAINMENT, but if the Nuggets don’t get any opportunity to win a championship, is that going to change the way the people treat each other ? Probably not. Does BLM gain any momentum ? No more than had they played. Are police officers gonna change the way they react to a potential crime in progress ? Not a chance

IMO this just gives the media more to try and manipulate the world.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:43 am

skywalker33 wrote:
TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I have no doubt it is a delay. The NBA players are not going to make this a long-term delay. They just want to make a statement. I have no idea how long the delay would be, but I suspect we'll probably be playing Friday or Saturday.

I call it a tossup.

Ok, what true impact do they impose ? They lose some money, owners as well. But is anyone going to truly be impacted by this delay other than teams ? I know I enjoy the ENTERTAINMENT, but if the Nuggets don’t get any opportunity to win a championship, is that going to change the way the people treat each other ? Probably not. Does BLM gain any momentum ? No more than had they played. Are police officers gonna change the way they react to a potential crime in progress ? Not a chance

IMO this just gives the media more to try and manipulate the world.

-and those conversations belong on another board
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Re: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#6, R1): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [6]Utah Jazz (2-3), SUN/Aug30, 21:30ET 

Post#18 » by Manolito » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Gary Harris is playing tonight!!!

Let's see how many minutes he could handle. If only he could give 20minutes....is a huge boost

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Manolito wrote:Gary Harris is playing tonight!!!

Let's see how many minutes he could handle. If only he could give 20minutes....is a huge boost

He's typically a guy who's in shape and can play minutes. I'm hoping for at least 25 minutes. No doubt his shooting will be rusty, but it's been off for awhile. Hopefully, he'll add some motion to the offense - we need that, but mostly we just need his defense.
skywalker33

etRe: PLAYOFF-2020 (Game#6, R1): [3]Denver Nuggets vs [6]Utah Jazz (2-3), SUN/Aug30, 21:30ET 

Post#20 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:53 pm

Now there's a present for the Nuggets, hopefully it's a stingy gift when it comes to Mitchell's scoring. If Gary (and TC) can hold him to around 20pts he'll earn his salary

Return to Denver Nuggets