ImageImageImage

Around the NBA streets Vol. 5: ONE MORE TIME

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: Around the NBA streets Vol. 5: ONE MORE TIME 

Post#1881 » by IggieCC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:30 am

Mos_Heat wrote:From my understanding the playoffs will continue

Tell me what you know MOS

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1882 » by IggieCC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:32 am

We'll know more after 11am meeting today.

I'm not sure what substantial actions NBA owners can take but oh wellz
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#1883 » by Mos_Heat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:38 am

IggieCC wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:From my understanding the playoffs will continue

Tell me what you know MOS

Spoiler:

Well, if the majority of players wants to continue, they're gonna play most probably. LA teams are using their leverage to make some sort of a deal with the owners. That's how I see it
:reporter:
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#1884 » by Shootit » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:12 am

Easy solution is to send the LA teams home early and let's resume.

I really hate how we are stuck on a race war when in reality it's a class war that's hurting America.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,467

Post#1885 » by Bishop45 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Shootit wrote:Easy solution is to send the LA teams home early and let's resume.

I really hate how we are stuck on a race war when in reality it's a class war that's hurting America.

Sterling Brown got harassed, tased on the ground with a knee to his neck for parking illegally because of his class?; Thabo Sefolosha threatened and leg broken while trying to get in a cab after a verbal exchange because of his class?; Masaji Ujiri roughed up, threatened and sued on propped up charges because of his class?; John Henson had the cops called on him for buying jewelry because of class?

I only know what I know, but idk mang, it doesn't seem right
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,214

Post#1886 » by twix2500 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:45 pm

dean456 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
dean456 wrote:Apparently the Oladipo situation is more him having interest in us more than us having interest in him. His cap numbers don't help us at all if we acquire him prior to 2021. Apparently people in Jimmy's circles have said he's interested in Lowry and Holiday and in Bam's circles he wants us to target Donovan Mitchell.

To get max cap space we'd have a roster of,
Herro
Oladipo
Butler/Robinson
Okpala
Bam/Silva

And we'd only have $22mil to fill out the roster.

Or we wait until 2021 free agency and have,
Herro/Nunn
Butler/
Robinson/2020 FRP
Okpala/
Bam/Silva

Plus $49.6mil in cap space to use on free agents which we could try to split between two upper level FA's. Or give someone like Giannis a max and add another solid rotation piece at roughly $13.1mil and maybe someone with the 5.4mil room exception likely someone like Dragic.

You got any links for the speculation, Dean?

Regardless, this year has been great for us in reference to potential free agents and trade targets. We are in the 2nd round, and if we knock off the Bucks.....man oh man, all eyes will be on us. We will be turning guys away, lol.

It's from the 5onthefloor podcast

https://fivereasons.podbean.com/e/miami-heat-jorge-sedano-still-rather-be-the-sixers/

They speak about it in between 37:45-45:00 mark.

He mentions Jimmy's people all mentioning Lowry as the guy Jimmy likes, they also said he has a fondness for Holiday. Apparently Jimmy thinks Mitchell doesn't do enough other than score. Ethan and Jorge Sedano both confirm that the Oladipo stuff is more coming from Oladipo's camp than coming from the Heat. Then Ethan and Greg Sylvander both say Bam's the one that likes Mitchell.

That I believe because Oladipo been campaigning to get Heat attention since Orlando.It seems Miami put little to no attempt to make it happen. Also Indy never been a team who likes to make deals with the Heat.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1887 » by Bishop45 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,214

Post#1888 » by twix2500 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Shootit wrote:Easy solution is to send the LA teams home early and let's resume.

Its both and a combination of man issues. It is not either or. Cant acknowledge every issue all in one breath.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,737

Post#1889 » by DayofMourning » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 pm

twix2500 wrote:

Its both and a combination of man issues. It is not either or. Cant acknowledge every issue all in one breath.

Well said. It's not just black and white. So many layers. Not going to be sorted any time soon, but demonstrations can contribute to higher visibility.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1890 » by goodboy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Mos_Heat wrote:Strong russian fatalism vibes from goodboy

Lmao

Idk man I feel skeptical about sports and the justice system. They just don't go hand to hand imo.
Bright
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#1891 » by Shootit » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:46 pm

Bishop45 wrote:

Sterling Brown got harassed, tased on the ground with a knee to his neck for parking illegally because of his class?; Thabo Sefolosha threatened and leg broken while trying to get in a cab after a verbal exchange because of his class?; Masaji Ujiri roughed up, threatened and sued on propped up charges because of his class?; John Henson had the cops called on him for buying jewelry because of class?

Obviously racism is still around, and it still needs to be addressed in this day and age. So, I'm wasn't trying to say there is no race issues in the USA, but that I believe in this day and age both sides get their news from sources more interested in keeping the have nots interested in arguing with one another instead of working with one another.
I believe cops should not have immunity for when they mess up or shown to have discriminated or have been overly aggressive against a citizen. Body cameras have to be public record, and worn at all times.
I think police unions are too strong and allow the bad apples to stay protected.

I'm glad there are groups like BLM to help keep America and other nations evolving in getting everyone on a better equal footing.
Your examples are a great reminder that there are still issues the US has to work on. Especially with Masaji, if he didn't have the money, the story written in the books would of been that he hit first.

Not to get into conspiracy theories, but I do believe that media stories gets propped up by both sides, and the talking points get more extreme, to keep people arguing over things that could be simply settled with a clear frame of mind and avoid topics that hurt the bottom line of the haves. I think if both sides(politics) could relax and not go for the throat, it could be settled in a day that both sides want fair treatment for everyone, no matter color or religion. I don't believe career politicians care about their constituents. It's about staying in power and getting money from lobbyists and when it's election time it's promises they'll never keep. The two party system is really an one party system. The few that want real change to people never get the support they need to grow in their own party. The biggest joke is people thinking 45 cares about small business owners or everyday Americans but now I'm really getting off topic and making the mods sigh.

I can't imagine every day people on the left or right not wanting better health care(and affordable costs) or education or proper wage growth or not wanting everyone to be treated equally.
But it's hard to have those talks when everyday people have been hyped up on both sides for decades now over and can barely have a conservation without going nuts.
Meanwhile things like healthcare, education, wages, and living conditions all stay stagnant or get worse for everyday people.

(I've cut out a lot in this post to try to keep it from too many tangents/concise but may of cut out too much.)
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1892 » by Bishop45 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Shootit wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Obviously racism is still around, and it still needs to be addressed in this day and age. So, I'm wasn't trying to say there is no race issues in the USA, but that I believe in this day and age both sides get their news from sources more interested in keeping the have nots interested in arguing with one another instead of working with one another.
I believe cops should not have immunity for when they mess up or shown to have discriminated or have been overly aggressive against a citizen. Body cameras have to be public record, and worn at all times.
I think police unions are too strong and allow the bad apples to stay protected.

I'm glad there are groups like BLM to help keep America and other nations evolving in getting everyone on a better equal footing.
Your examples are a great reminder that there are still issues the US has to work on. Especially with Masaji, if he didn't have the money, the story written in the books would of been that he hit first.

Not to get into conspiracy theories, but I do believe that media stories gets propped up by both sides, and the talking points get more extreme, to keep people arguing over things that could be simply settled with a clear frame of mind and avoid topics that hurt the bottom line of the haves. I think if both sides(politics) could relax and not go for the throat, it could be settled in a day that both sides want fair treatment for everyone, no matter color or religion. I don't believe career politicians care about their constituents. It's about staying in power and getting money from lobbyists and when it's election time it's promises they'll never keep. The two party system is really an one party system. The few that want real change to people never get the support they need to grow in their own party. The biggest joke is people thinking 45 cares about small business owners or everyday Americans but now I'm really getting off topic and making the mods sigh.

I can't imagine every day people on the left or right not wanting better health care(and affordable costs) or education or proper wage growth or not wanting everyone to be treated equally.
But it's hard to have those talks when everyday people have been hyped up on both sides for decades now over and can barely have a conservation without going nuts.
Meanwhile things like healthcare, education, wages, and living conditions all stay stagnant or get worse for everyday people.

(I've cut out a lot in this post to try to keep it from too many tangents/concise but may of cut out too much.)

I agree with a lot of this, though I would not call America a one party system; it's a dangerous bothsidesism that is simply untrue. I don't believe myself to be a Democrat, but they are the only appeal to humanity in our two party system and have shown far more on good faith than the latter party. On a survivalist level, you take care of the gator closest to your boat if you want to survive and then strive and black people in America have come from voting for segregationist and diasaffected centrists just to move forward cause they understand the difference in choosing a 'lesser' evil and that difference is life and progress

Trump's America is focused on subjugation and punishment, and one to which there is no equivalent on the political spectrum

Rest in Power Chadwick

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1893 » by goodboy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:10 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:Strong russian fatalism vibes from goodboy

;t=82s
Bright
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#1894 » by QUIZ » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Read on Twitter
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1895 » by IggieCC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:57 pm

Read on Twitter
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,763

Post#1896 » by al bondiga » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Read the signs, 50/50 Shot season is over, if they do not play tonight, done. szn. was already in life support, before the bubble... 2021 boys!!
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1897 » by IggieCC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1898 » by IggieCC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:04 pm

al bondiga wrote:Read the signs, 50/50 Shot season is over, if they do not play tonight, done. szn. was already in life support, before the bubble... 2021 boys!!

everything ok buddy?
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1899 » by IggieCC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter

lucky for Mavs, and us to some degree, that have injuries to key player(s).
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#1900 » by QUIZ » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:08 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Read on Twitter

Am so happy :D
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda

Return to Miami Heat