ImageImageImageImage

2020 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 4:00 pm EST on NBA TV and Fox Sports FL

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 4:00 pm EST on NBA TV and Fox Sports FL 

Post#161 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:08 am

SOUL wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Race equality? Ok... soooo why don't you push Trump into opening borders, there are 3 000 000 muslims from middle Asia ready to jump in. Gotta stay woke guys! Let them into your households, they inplement so well... ( don't mind them doing some ritual rape like in Europe where 10 Syrans raped 18 yeras old girl for hours in 2018, Germany ).

pepe you know better than this. This is you first and last warning and it will only be a warning if you drop it here. Please. The rest of the stuff is your opinion as is most of this stuff in this thread (besides snarky personal acts which people need to chill with), but generalizing that any Muslim (there's 2 billion worldwide) is going to come in and rape people is xenophobic and a big no no. Same with generalizing about Jewish people, Christians, whatever. None of this please.

I didn't really go for "all " muslims, i have muslim friends, they have really strong opinion about certain parts of the world with muslim being dominant religion. It's not about religion, it's about culture and pattern of behavior.
From 1990 to 2020 there have been 32 different conflicts between countries in same georgrapihc part. I won't name where, but... we all know where.

In last 9 years, over 500 000 people were killed in civil wars . Let's take a moment and think about it. Half of million. That's population of one Milwaukee.

I'll stop there. Nothing personal, not attacking or going for anybody. Just pointing out facts.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,072

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 4:00 pm EST on NBA TV and Fox Sports FL 

Post#162 » by SOUL » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:11 am

pepe1991 wrote:I didn't really go for "all " muslims, i have muslim friends, they have really strong opinion about certain parts of the world with muslim being dominant religion. It's not about religion, it's about culture and pattern of behavior.
From 1990 to 2020 there have been 32 different conflicts between countries in same georgrapihc part. I won't name where, but... we all know where.

In last 9 years, over 500 000 people were killed in civil wars . Let's take a moment and think about it. Half of million. That's population of one Milwaukee.

I'll stop there. Nothing personal, not attacking or going for anybody. Just pointing out facts.

I know you're being specific but it's still off topic to this particular issue (NBA/BLM/police stuff) and can open a huge can of worms that frankly isn't something I would have fun modding or throwing out suspensions for. Democrat/Republicans aren't races or religions so the criticism on that from each side is just something we have to deal with but yeah.. let's just not go down that hole since nothing good comes from it and it will cause even more arguments in a thread that has tons of opinions. Thank you for stopping.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#163 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:39 am

SOUL wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I didn't really go for "all " muslims, i have muslim friends, they have really strong opinion about certain parts of the world with muslim being dominant religion. It's not about religion, it's about culture and pattern of behavior.

I know you're being specific but it's still off topic to this particular issue (NBA/BLM/police stuff) and can open a huge can of worms that frankly isn't something I would have fun modding or throwing out suspensions for. Democrat/Republicans aren't races or religions so the criticism on that from each side is just something we have to deal with but yeah.. let's just not go down that hole since nothing good comes from it and it will cause even more arguments in a thread that has tons of opinions. Thank you for stopping.

I apologize if i insulted anybody, wasn't my intention.

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#164 » by cedric76 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:17 pm

If you're a rapist black criminal who was shot by the police the NBA players will stop all games for you.

If you're a retired black police officer who was murdered by rioters for defending a small business they won't bat an eye.

I love double standards
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#165 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:19 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:I stand with you too. Those of us that do will be vilified. As a Conservative, I'm used to it already, so don't care if I am at this point.

Poor you, you feel vilified by anonymous internet posters because you’re a conservative..

Now think of the Americans that are vilified because of their skin color by those who swore to serve and protect them.. imagine how they feel..

So sorry your day has been inconvenienced

Virtue signaling. How noble of you. There are stats and evidence that disprove everything the movement stands for, but people refuse to listen. I didn't ask for pity or anything. Just said I was used to it. But cute attempt there.

What stats and evidence?
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Post#166 » by doct3r dr3 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:45 pm

hey guys! sorry i'm late. how'd the game go?

BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#167 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:45 pm

cedric76 wrote:If you're a rapist black criminal who was shot by the police the NBA players will stop all games for you.

If you're a retired black police officer who was murdered by rioters for defending a small business they won't bat an eye.

I love double standards

You're conflating isolated incidents with patterns and trends. It's like when a man complains that the media and society ignores sexual harassment/assault/rape against men. Does it happen? Of course. Is it a problem? Yes. Is it as big of a problem as it is against women? No. And that's the difference.

(edited insert: And to be clear, yes those issues need to be addressed as well. But the urgency isn't as prevalent and there's a chance those issues are resolved by addressing the larger issue as well. But if not, fix the bigger problem first and then work on the smaller issue. /end edit).

Yes, violence happens against officers. Yes, officers kill white people too for BS reasons too. But not on the scale, and not for the same level of reasons against minorities, specifically black people. The response to a white man walking down the street armed with an AR-15 is entirely different than it is against a black man. People didn't wake up one day and see an isolated incident and go to the streets to the protest. It's been DECADES of this stuff happening and it hit a boiling point.

Also, regarding the "rapist black criminal" as you put it. Did the police know his record before shooting him? I fail to see how. And if not, it has no bearing on how people should react and respond to the officer's actions. Furthermore, even if they DID know, it still wouldn't justify them acting as an executioner and deciding to shoot him instead of continuing to try and de-escalate. The man was shot seven times, IN THE BACK.

What happened to the concept of police officers using their guns as a last resort? When their lives or those around them are in IMMEDIATE danger. Why are we so quick to now just write off any murder so long as the person, especially if it's an officer, just FELT threatened.

We need to bring back standards of expectations and hold people accountable to those standards. Being an officer is a tough job. It's a demanding job. It's a dangerous job. We demand WAY too much of police officers. But that doesn't mean we should bend over backwards to look past their inappropriate actions and mistakes, or let them open fire on any civilian that resists, or fights back (without endangering their lives). Cops are trained to deal with this stuff. And if they're not trained well enough, we should train them better. We need to change the priorities and how we look at these incidents.

People are not asking for that much. They're actually asking for pretty reasonable actions, and I happen to think that if we saw ANY kind of leadership from the federal government (Congress and/or the President) to actually address this instead of ignoring it and chalking i up to "the radical left" and "antifa" we'd actually see things quiet down pretty quickly. People more than anything just want to know that our leaders are TRYING. And right now, it looks like they're just ignoring the problem or using it for political ads (BOTH sides).
Yeti 13350
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#168 » by Yeti 13350 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:58 pm

I feel bad for the players that just want to play and have spent the last month trying to make the season work. You know if they speak out they'll just be vilified.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#169 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:11 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Instead of boycotting businesses (won’t do a damn thing) they could go to the local mayor/government and see what they’re doing to fix the issues. Bucks did that tonight and I would hope more are going to follow that process. Start holding the people in power accountable because they’ve turned the blind eye for decades.

I'm wondering what happens if some teams (maybe all teams) say they won't play in states that don't support X legislation - like universal body cams, 3rd party prosecutors for police, etc. Obviously the bubble complicates that now - but for the future.

This is a slippery slope. They are essentially saying this particular issue is important enough for them to boycott the season. Who is anyone to say players won’t play moving forward because of specific issues completely unrelated to their personal identity?

Again, there is no national policy that will be implemented because some entertainers get upset and decided to forfeit their paycheck. The general public doesn’t care if these billionaires lose money on personal investments.

If they think this will solve anything, other than being perceived a certain way, they are mistaken.

I brought up the idea of boycotting playing in certain states because there is actually a precedence set when the NBA moved the 2016 all star game from Charlotte because the league objected to the North Carolina Bill 2 which limited anti-discrimination laws.

I guess I think your perspective is a little shortsighted. If it was just a couple teams that demanded this sort of thing I think the league and owners wouldn't accept it, sure. But if it becomes every team and then maybe the MLB and NFL follow suit (kinda like yesterday) - they could make some pretty big changes.

At the end of the day, people can definitely feel however they want towards the players for not playing, but I think it's a bit disingenuous to just say "this [won't] solve anything".
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#170 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
cedric76 wrote:If you're a rapist black criminal who was shot by the police the NBA players will stop all games for you.

I love double standards

You're conflating isolated incidents with patterns and trends. It's like when a man complains that the media and society ignores sexual harassment/assault/rape against men. Does it happen? Of course. Is it a problem? Yes. Is it as big of a problem as it is against women? No. And that's the difference.

(edited insert: And to be clear, yes those issues need to be addressed as well. But the urgency isn't as prevalent and there's a chance those issues are resolved by addressing the larger issue as well. But if not, fix the bigger problem first and then work on the smaller issue. /end edit).

Yes, violence happens against officers. Yes, officers kill white people too for BS reasons too. But not on the scale, and not for the same level of reasons against minorities, specifically black people. The response to a white man walking down the street armed with an AR-15 is entirely different than it is against a black man. People didn't wake up one day and see an isolated incident and go to the streets to the protest. It's been DECADES of this stuff happening and it hit a boiling point.

Also, regarding the "rapist black criminal" as you put it. Did the police know his record before shooting him? I fail to see how. And if not, it has no bearing on how people should react and respond to the officer's actions. Furthermore, even if they DID know, it still wouldn't justify them acting as an executioner and deciding to shoot him instead of continuing to try and de-escalate. The man was shot seven times, IN THE BACK.

What happened to the concept of police officers using their guns as a last resort? When their lives or those around them are in IMMEDIATE danger. Why are we so quick to now just write off any murder so long as the person, especially if it's an officer, just FELT threatened.

We need to bring back standards of expectations and hold people accountable to those standards. Being an officer is a tough job. It's a demanding job. It's a dangerous job. We demand WAY too much of police officers. But that doesn't mean we should bend over backwards to look past their inappropriate actions and mistakes, or let them open fire on any civilian that resists, or fights back (without endangering their lives). Cops are trained to deal with this stuff. And if they're not trained well enough, we should train them better. We need to change the priorities and how we look at these incidents.

People are not asking for that much. They're actually asking for pretty reasonable actions, and I happen to think that if we saw ANY kind of leadership from the federal government (Congress and/or the President) to actually address this instead of ignoring it and chalking i up to "the radical left" and "antifa" we'd actually see things quiet down pretty quickly. People more than anything just want to know that our leaders are TRYING. And right now, it looks like they're just ignoring the problem or using it for political ads (BOTH sides).

I'm not condoning what happened just laying out some facts.

Yes the police officers knew who he was and that was the main reason why they were going to the house. He wasn't there breaking up a fight like the media mentioned. The GF called the police and said he wasn't supposed to be there, when she asked him to leave he took her keys and walked out. Police were there to arrest him for his open warrant.

He was shot 7 times (shouldn't have happened) because he resisted arrest walked back to a car (was asked to stop multiple time) and opened the door and reached for something.

Cancel the NBA let the players and others go back and meet with the local government and start working on plans.

Lets see why it's second nature to resist arrest
Let's see what we can do to improve police training
Let's see how we can better the inner city communities and educate support and grow
Let's also stop acting as if there's just 1 problem.

Enough is Enough
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#171 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:36 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:

I love double standards

Yes the police officers knew who he was and that was the main reason why they were going to the house. He wasn't there breaking up a fight like the media mentioned. The GF called the police and said he wasn't supposed to be there, when she asked him to leave he took her keys and walked out. Police were there to arrest him for his open warrant.

He was shot 7 times (shouldn't have happened) because he resisted arrest walked back to a car (was asked to stop multiple time) and opened the door and reached for something.

Cancel the NBA let the players and others go back and meet with the local government and start working on plans.

Let's see how we can better the inner city communities and educate support and grow

Enough is Enough

Can you provide sources for the officers knowing who he was and being there to arrest him for his warrant? I see reports saying the gf called and said he was there and the police were responding to that, even having his name. But I haven't seen anything suggesting they knew about his record and warrant. But with so much news stories saying the same stuff it's difficult to get new information, so I welcome it.

Like you said, i'm not saying Blake didn't act poorly. But like you said, he shouldn't have been shot 7 times in the back for resisting and reaching into his car. I'd understand if he turned around waving a knife, even then I don't think 7 shots would've been warranted (other measures could've been taken). But at least then I'd understand "he's lunging at me with a knife. I feared for my life and fired my weapon".
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#172 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:48 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:

Enough is Enough

Can you provide sources for the officers knowing who he was and being there to arrest him for his warrant? I see reports saying the gf called and said he was there and the police were responding to that, even having his name. But I haven't seen anything suggesting they knew about his record and warrant. But with so much news stories saying the same stuff it's difficult to get new information, so I welcome it.

Like you said, i'm not saying Blake didn't act poorly. But like you said, he shouldn't have been shot 7 times in the back for resisting and reaching into his car. I'd understand if he turned around waving a knife, even then I don't think 7 shots would've been warranted (other measures could've been taken). But at least then I'd understand "he's lunging at me with a knife. I feared for my life and fired my weapon".

911 dispatch call

https://madison365.com/kenohsa-police-opened-fire-less-than-5-minutes-after-being-called-scanner-audio/

Alert 99 = warrant open
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,764

Post#173 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:23 pm

It never ceases to amaze me the kinds of scumbags who end up being martyred for the anti-police movement. Floyd was a guy who threatened to shoot a pregnant woman in the stomach and Blake is wanted for sexual assault. Real stand up guys.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,663

Post#174 » by MagicMatic » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:33 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
I'm wondering what happens if some teams (maybe all teams) say they won't play in states that don't support X legislation - like universal body cams, 3rd party prosecutors for police, etc. Obviously the bubble complicates that now - but for the future.

This is a slippery slope. They are essentially saying this particular issue is important enough for them to boycott the season. Who is anyone to say players won’t play moving forward because of specific issues completely unrelated to their personal identity?

Again, there is no national policy that will be implemented because some entertainers get upset and decided to forfeit their paycheck. The general public doesn’t care if these billionaires lose money on personal investments.

If they think this will solve anything, other than being perceived a certain way, they are mistaken.

I brought up the idea of boycotting playing in certain states because there is actually a precedence set when the NBA moved the 2016 all star game from Charlotte because the league objected to the North Carolina Bill 2 which limited anti-discrimination laws.

I guess I think your perspective is a little shortsighted. If it was just a couple teams that demanded this sort of thing I think the league and owners wouldn't accept it, sure. But if it becomes every team and then maybe the MLB and NFL follow suit (kinda like yesterday) - they could make some pretty big changes.

At the end of the day, people can definitely feel however they want towards the players for not playing, but I think it's a bit disingenuous to just say "this [won't] solve anything".

So your example is that the nba decided to move the games and not that NC changed the laws because they decided against it. That’s my point. It didn’t solve the actual issue. This is just grandstanding.

What “changes” do you think will come of these NBA teams refusing to play out of “protest”? I’d love to know what they actually and realistically want to be done in order to feel justified. Give me a policy. Otherwise this is peoples feelings getting hurt because bad people and situations of injustice will always exist regardless of identity.

I think if anyone’s opinion is “shortsighted”, it’s theirs. Kneeling for the national anthem during football games for a blanketed “cops kill black people” is one thing. Boycotting the playoffs entirely because of a particular incident? Nah.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#175 » by thelead » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 pm

We need to address a lot of things:
1) We need to screen cops better. Roided out ex-jocks need not apply. Way too many 'tough' guys that LOVE aggression and stirring up trouble themselves
2) We need better education so that we don't create thoughtless zombie cops AND a thoughtless zombie public. Critical thinking is nearly non-existent at this point in the mass population
3) I know this is going to be super controversial but we need to address 'parents' allowing their babies to grow up listening to this crap:

As much as I love hip-hop, I would love to hear the argument for allowing this to indoctrinate children. Then as you try to defend it, think about allowing your child to listen to hitler and kkk speeches all day from the day they're born. Tell me how that is any different?

And I don't want to hear about tv and movies being just as bad because kids shouldn't be watching most of that crap either.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#176 » by OrlandO » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:54 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:

I love double standards

Enough is Enough

It appears he was also armed with a knife after resisting arrest and being tasered. You can hear police order him to "drop the knife" as he was walking around his car and the person who recorded the video reportedly confirmed they heard it as well. Last night it was confirmed a knife was found on the driver's side floorboard.

I'm not sure what police are supposed to do in a situation like that... dude had a felony arrest warrant for sexual assault and domestic abuse that happened at that same address, he resisted arrest and taser, pulled a knife as he attempted to flee and access his car with children inside. Is a cop supposed to wrestle with him? Let him go?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#177 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:58 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I really wish all (even half) of these snowflakes saying they are done with the NBA because their privileged little minds can’t understand what this is about would actually follow through with it and be done ... sadly, they will be back tomorrow.

You seem very accepting of different viewpoints. I wish I could be as accepting as you.

That is nice of you to say but you don’t have to settle for being envious of me or those of us who are morally superior to you. You could simply be a better person ...
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#178 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:06 pm

it seems like Lebron had change of pockets.... oh i mean heart over night.
That late nike Nike calls are the worst :rofl:
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#179 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:20 pm

pepe1991 wrote:it seems like Lebron had change of pockets.... oh i mean heart over night.
That late nike Nike calls are the worst :rofl:

It makes sense that they'll finish this playoffs no matter what - they've already made it this far. I'm guessing there will be some hold out or demands before starting next season (whatever that looks like with COVID). No reason to assume Nike threatened LeBron.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#180 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:27 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

So your example is that the nba decided to move the games and not that NC changed the laws because they decided against it. That’s my point. It didn’t solve the actual issue. This is just grandstanding.

What “changes” do you think will come of these NBA teams refusing to play out of “protest”? I’d love to know what they actually and realistically want to be done in order to feel justified. Give me a policy. Otherwise this is peoples feelings getting hurt because bad people and situations of injustice will always exist regardless of identity.

I think if anyone’s opinion is “shortsighted”, it’s theirs. Kneeling for the national anthem during football games for a blanketed “cops kill black people” is one thing. Boycotting the playoffs entirely because of a particular incident? Nah.

They're connected though? Obviously kneeling wasn't enough so they boycotted a game.

And my example was just stating that the NBA has made decisions like this in the past - they could try to make an even bigger one (entire league, all season) and inspire other sports to do the same - at that point it could lead to actual change.

Return to Orlando Magic