ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Re: Wiggins + Wiseman/Edwards/Ball Trade Package 

Post#81 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Tim Hardaway often had a flat shot. Every time he hit one I would cringe because they kept trying to get him to get the shot up and he ran off of confidence so any time a "bad" shot hit it reinforced his bad habits.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#82 » by Mylie10 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:28 pm

Most of not all of the great shooters have good arc. It allows misses to sometimes be makes based on the rotation and bounce.

Line drives to give your shot a chance if it’s off. The ball doesn’t normally bounce up, but off. A high arc has that ball bouncing up and potentially in if it hits the back board or rim just right.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#83 » by marthafokker » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:36 pm

The video showed a lot of arc... Looks good. Even if it is only at 38% for next season, that is still major improvement over that 33% for him.

Is his FT fixed too? Can't have 70% for someone that slash and going to FT line a lot.

And speaking of fixing.... How is Paschall's work in fixing his jumpshot and 3s? Heard he was working on it.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,238

Post#84 » by CS707 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:01 pm

TB wrote:Hollinger mentioned THE PACKAGE (wiggins, all the picks, looney) for Jrue and Redick.

I personally would not do that. This is exactly the type of trade I was worried about if we couldn't get a Giannis/Simmons/Embiid type.... settling for a lesser trade because the plan is to trade the picks.

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE both of those players. In fact I could talk myself into it because i'm such a big fan of Jrue. Redick is also great but getting really old and his defense was awful this year.

The two biggest problems I have with this trade is 1) losing the minny pick and 2) losing Wiggins... yes, i'm not a big Wiggins fans but we need numbers and this trade basically swaps Wiggins for a better player in Jrue, adds an MLE level guy like Redick... yet gives up both top 10 picks to do it.

Also just gives us a hole at SF again since Jrue is really more of a backup for Klay/Steph.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#85 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:05 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Most of not all of the great shooters have good arc. It allows misses to sometimes be makes based on the rotation and bounce.

Line drives to give your shot a chance if it’s off. The ball doesn’t normally bounce up, but off. A high arc has that ball bouncing up and potentially in if it hits the back board or rim just right.

A shooting coach demonstrated for me the difference ... a shot coming straight down can literally by 50% out of the rim and go in and anything less than 30% out is likely to go in, while a line drive shot that is just 10% out is going to miss most of the time. The best shooters accuracy is so good 10% or more out is still around 60% of the shots, so a really accurate shooter who shoots flat is going to be in the low .300s in makes while the same accuracy in a high arc shooter is going to be in the mid .400s. According to the coach, some players just can't adjust to the high arc release after a life time of "aiming for the basket" with their shots.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#86 » by xdrta+ » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:07 pm

gst8 wrote:
TB wrote:Hollinger mentioned THE PACKAGE (wiggins, all the picks, looney) for Jrue and Redick.

I personally would not do that. This is exactly the type of trade I was worried about if we couldn't get a Giannis/Simmons/Embiid type.... settling for a lesser trade because the plan is to trade the picks.

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE both of those players. In fact I could talk myself into it because i'm such a big fan of Jrue. Redick is also great but getting really old and his defense was awful this year.

The two biggest problems I have with this trade is 1) losing the minny pick and 2) losing Wiggins... yes, i'm not a big Wiggins fans but we need numbers and this trade basically swaps Wiggins for a better player in Jrue, adds an MLE level guy like Redick... yet gives up both top 10 picks to do it.

Also just gives us a hole at SF again since Jrue is really more of a backup for Klay/Steph.

A 26 million dollar backup, with a 27 million dollar PO next year.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#87 » by marthafokker » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:14 pm

GSW don't care about Wiggins salary, remember? So why are fans so up against GSW spending money?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#88 » by likashing » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:36 pm

People are treating Wiggins like useless garbage in these trades. If Wiggins + #2 pick + Wolves' pick can only get the likes of Jrue or Thad Young, I would rather keep Wiggins at SF and see how he meshes with Steph + Klay, and get Wiseman/Avdija/Edwards this year and just roll with it. Then we can decide what to do with the Wolves' pick later.

Our goal is to win again within a 3-year window. Let's not knee-jerk and give up all our assets for some irrelevant players who can't make a difference.

If we can't land a star/difference maker, just roll with Wiggins, select a player with the #2 pick, and add a couple of rotation vets through TPE/free agency.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#89 » by The Maestro » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:00 pm

marthafokker wrote:GSW don't care about Wiggins salary, remember? So why are fans so up against GSW spending money?

I think Lacob absolutely cares about Wiggins salary and I think they’ll try to dump him after the season. Now, they won’t dump for just anything and they’ll keep him if they have to but I think they would prefer to move him.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#90 » by Onus » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:13 pm

likashing wrote:People are treating Wiggins like useless garbage in these trades. If Wiggins + #2 pick + Wolves' pick can only get the likes of Jrue or Thad Young, I would rather keep Wiggins at SF and see how he meshes with Steph + Klay, and get Wiseman/Avdija/Edwards this year and just roll with it. Then we can decide what to do with the Wolves' pick later.

Our goal is to win again within a 3-year window. Let's not knee-jerk and give up all our assets for some irrelevant players who can't make a difference.

If we can't land a star/difference maker, just roll with Wiggins, select a player with the #2 pick, and add a couple of rotation vets through TPE/free agency.

You wouldn’t need to add Wiggins for Thad young. He’ll the bulls might give him up for free
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#91 » by WarriorGM » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Contrary to what fans of other teams keep saying Wiggins has value. There just aren't that many quality wings with potential that are likely to be available.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#92 » by ShayDee » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Onus wrote:
likashing wrote:People are treating Wiggins like useless garbage in these trades. If Wiggins + #2 pick + Wolves' pick can only get the likes of Jrue or Thad Young, I would rather keep Wiggins at SF and see how he meshes with Steph + Klay, and get Wiseman/Avdija/Edwards this year and just roll with it. Then we can decide what to do with the Wolves' pick later.

You wouldn’t need to add Wiggins for Thad young. He’ll the bulls might give him up for free

Either for free or they add a 2nd. Teams this offseason are extremely reluctant to take in salary so it's very hard for the bulls to move him. I think the Suns want FVV and bring baynes back. They might be looking to dump Oubre and maybe Rubio because they don't have cap room to sign him to the max. The market for back up PG is hot right now and we might not need to give anything to get them
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#93 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:06 pm

gst8 wrote:

I think it really just commits us to starting a 3-guard line-up (similar to Houston with Harden/Westbrook/Gordon), but forcing Klay to guard most opposing teams' SF's. While Jrue would play most of the PG minutes when Curry sits, that likely would come by just staggering their rests, rather than having him come off the bench. All 3 guards would likely play 34-36 minutes a game.

This said...... I'm not a big fan of it. One of the keys to our success over the years has been Klay's size advantage on offense and defense, and we'd totally lose that. Holiday (when healthy...... he's had some issues over the years) is an outstanding 2-way player who can guard some bigger guys effectively (he's done commendably on Durant over the years), but he is about 3 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Klay, so he struggles a bit against the bigger guys (and thus you would almost certainly be putting Klay on them.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#94 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:10 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:Tim Hardaway often had a flat shot. Every time he hit one I would cringe because they kept trying to get him to get the shot up and he ran off of confidence so any time a "bad" shot hit it reinforced his bad habits.

He also notoriously shot a knuckleball heh... Good ole Tim Bug.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#95 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:17 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Umm....now that is interesting. Jrue to back Curry. Redick, who is probably a top 5 shooter in the league, having made every team he's been on MUCH better.

Wow....I love a big splash as the next guy but...I might just do that one.

Really? I think that sounds like the worst trade ever.

I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Jrue. Wiggins is a much better fit.

I might give up a 2nd rounder and the TPE for Redick.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#96 » by watch1958 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:19 pm

Good post. I'd love to have Jrue on the team. He'd be great addition and they'd have a terrific guard rotation.

But I still haven't seen a good trade for him.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#97 » by Coxy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:27 pm

WarriorGM wrote:Contrary to what fans of other teams keep saying Wiggins has value. There just aren't that many quality wings with potential that are likely to be available.

Haven't you heard? Wiggins is the worst player that has ever played in the NBA, apparently. If he were paid $1 mill per year, that opinion wouldn't change either, he is hot garbage and should retire to teach knitting at old folks homes.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#98 » by Little Digger » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:47 am

I’d take Wiggins #2 in this draft..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#99 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:55 am

Little Digger wrote:I’d take Wiggins #2 in this draft..

Without hindsight I would take him 1, he was a far superior prospect than anyone in this draft. We have the benefit of better coaching and culture which would probably make him a way better player than he currently is. Oh and ye ofcourse if Minnesota passes up on him(lol) we for sure would take him
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#100 » by Little Digger » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:01 am

I’m talking about today ..I’d take 24 year old Wiggins over goofs like Edwards, Toppin or LaMelo
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.

Return to Golden State Warriors