Netflix also cancelled patriot act which sucks
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#742 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:09 am

BUCKnation wrote:Netflix also cancelled patriot act which sucks

They must not have done a great marketing job, because I thought it sounded like a good show but I'd never heard of it until this week when it was canned.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,887

Post#743 » by BUCKnation » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:13 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

They must not have done a great marketing job, because I thought it sounded like a good show but I'd never heard of it until this week when it was canned.

I think it's just tough for netflix to have weekly shows. It had a pretty active following and everyone I know who's seen it loves it. I put it up there with Last Week Tonight for sure, but I bet it easily gets buried behind all of their other stuff.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#744 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:18 am

BUCKnation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I think it's just tough for netflix to have weekly shows. It had a pretty active following and everyone I know who's seen it loves it. I put it up there with Last Week Tonight for sure, but I bet it easily gets buried behind all of their other stuff.

Late night TV seems like it's only as good as what goes viral the next day. I don't know anyone who watches Last Week Tonight, but I know when they do something that kills because it's all over social media the next day/week. That I think is what I mean when someone at Netflix dropped the ball on Patriot Act because I follow a lot of people on Twitter mourning the loss of the show, and none of them ever shared a clip.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#745 » by truly » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:59 am

This looks good.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#746 » by machu46 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:05 am

truly wrote:

This looks good.

That is a seriously dark trailer. I had to turn the brightness up on my phone to be able to see what was happening lol
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#747 » by machu46 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:09 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Late night TV seems like it's only as good as what goes viral the next day. I don't know anyone who watches Last Week Tonight, but I know when they do something that kills because it's all over social media the next day/week. That I think is what I mean when someone at Netflix dropped the ball on Patriot Act because I follow a lot of people on Twitter mourning the loss of the show, and none of them ever shared a clip.

The thing that made Patriot Act unique (and also possibly why it didn't work) is because for example with Last Week Tonight, it's generally about a topic that is hot in the political culture in that moment. Patriot Act didn't really do that; one week it would randomly be an episode about predatory student loans and the next week it would randomly be about how corrupt politics are in India. It was a good show but it was never really going to go viral the way John Oliver or Stephen Colbert or Trevor Noah sometimes do.

Also just personally, while Hasan is good and funny, he isn't John Oliver good and funny IMO.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#748 » by El Duderino » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:55 am

Very promising first three episodes of this series

jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,672

Post#749 » by jimmybones » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:48 pm

Anyone into documentaries and cults and crazy people - The Vow on HBO had it's first episode on Sunday on the Nexium cult. Pretty interesting first episode, I was ready to join the cult even knowing there's tomfoolery ahead lol
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#750 » by stellation » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:17 pm

machu46 wrote:
truly wrote:

This looks good.

That is a seriously dark trailer. I had to turn the brightness up on my phone to be able to see what was happening lol

This made me giggle.
Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#751 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:26 pm

Okay Aussie friends. I just finished ‘The Nightingale’. That was...incredibly difficult to watch. Unfortunately, the story fits in today’s current landscape. Anyone else see it? Same writer as The Babadook. She understands how convey suffering in a palpable story. Quite a gift.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Post#752 » by ejn1214 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:Okay Aussie friends. I just finished ‘The Nightingale’. That was...incredibly difficult to watch. Unfortunately, the story fits in today’s current landscape. Anyone else see it? Same writer as The Babadook. She understands how convey suffering in a palpable story. Quite a gift.

I remember thinking it was a good movie but obviously a difficult watch. It's not something I would recommend to most people.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#753 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:58 pm

ejn1214 wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:Okay Aussie friends. I just finished ‘The Nightingale’. That was...incredibly difficult to watch. Unfortunately, the story fits in today’s current landscape. Anyone else see it? Same writer as The Babadook. She understands how convey suffering in a palpable story. Quite a gift.

I remember thinking it was a good movie but obviously a difficult watch. It's not something I would recommend to most people.

Definitely not for everyone. It's the kind of movie I would preface with 'prepare yourself' if you choose to watch it.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#754 » by AussieBuck » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:37 am

Is this where we bring the unfinished Bond debate? I need closure.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#755 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:53 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Is this where we bring the unfinished Bond debate? I need closure.

Connery. Ok, it's closed. 8-)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#756 » by AussieBuck » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Is this where we bring the unfinished Bond debate? I need closure.

Well yeah, that part is boring. He's obviously both good at violent and a pants man. Probably a terrible combination in real life but the perfect Bond. What we need here is an accurate ranking of the rest!
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#757 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:58 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Well yeah, that part is boring. He's obviously both good at violent and a pants man. Probably a terrible combination in real life but the perfect Bond. What we need here is an accurate ranking of the rest!

1. Connery
2. Moore
3. Craig
4. Dalton
5. Lazenby
6. Brosnan
7. Niven
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#758 » by emunney » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:47 pm

truly wrote:

This looks good.

For a gritty reboot, pro tip: add or remove "The"

Anyway, smart to make it a detective story.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#759 » by RiotPunch » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:01 pm

How can I make this up to you?

Brosnan does have a place in my heart because he gave me Goldeneye on N64. I foolishly overlooked Niven as well, so Brosnan is second worst. Better? :D
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#760 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Anyone picking up Bill and Ted today? Against all odds, it's getting awesome reviews.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks