No votes

Total votes: 30

DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Re: Trevor Ariza 

Post#61 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:27 pm

I read something the other day that he wanted to join the Blazers in the bubble in July after his son's visitation schedule ended, but the NBA wouldn't let him. I dont really get that since they let players come in and out if the bubble. They just had to quarantine before joining their team again. Not sure why Ariza could not have done that?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#62 » by Soulyss » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:50 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:I read something the other day that he wanted to join the Blazers in the bubble in July after his son's visitation schedule ended, but the NBA wouldn't let him. I dont really get that since they let players come in and out if the bubble. They just had to quarantine before joining their team again. Not sure why Ariza could not have done that?

He could not because Portland used the option to sign someone onto his roster spot based on the opt-out rule, or at least that is how I understand it... There was probably a path where he doesn't opt-out but never enters the bubble until after his visitation is over but the Blazers didn't go that route.
Matt800
Rookie
And1: 317

Post#63 » by Matt800 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:29 am

Soulyss wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:I read something the other day that he wanted to join the Blazers in the bubble in July after his son's visitation schedule ended, but the NBA wouldn't let him. I dont really get that since they let players come in and out if the bubble. They just had to quarantine before joining their team again. Not sure why Ariza could not have done that?

He could not because Portland used the option to sign someone onto his roster spot based on the opt-out rule, or at least that is how I understand it... There was probably a path where he doesn't opt-out but never enters the bubble until after his visitation is over but the Blazers didn't go that route.

That would have been nice if he could play. I don't know if it would have been enough to beat the lakers but it sure would have helped.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#64 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:02 am

Soulyss wrote:

Or maybe they used Swanigan's spot?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018

Return to Portland Trail Blazers