Hall Of Fame Hits

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Re: Hall Of Fame Hits 

Post#21 » by getrichordie » Wed May 6, 2020 4:33 pm

Was pretty low on Ayton compared to most.

getrichordie wrote:People are going to be so disappointed by Ayton.

source: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1691453&p=64768136&hilit=ayton#p64768136

This shows I was higher on SGA and lower on WCJ, but admittedly probably too low on Young and maybe too high on Bagley, though I'm still holding out hope. I was really high on Okobo for some reason :lol:

getrichordie wrote:tier 1

Porter, Jr.
Donic
Bagley

tier 2

Bamba
Ayton
Mik. Bridges
Gilgeous-Alexander
Jackson, Jr.

tier 3

Z. Smith
Carter
Young
Knox
Okobo

tier 4

Mil. Bridges
Sexton
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#22 » by getrichordie » Wed May 6, 2020 4:48 pm

Also, there's this:

getrichordie wrote:I love me some Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. And I mean LOVE. I think you could see him go in the top 10 to the first team that needs a PG. It’s close for me between him and Sexton, but I think I’m taking Sexton because of his leadership.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1686029&p=64347989&hilit=shai#p64347989
[twitter] @thunderdustin
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#23 » by shakes0 » Wed May 6, 2020 6:28 pm

The last two posts should be in the Misses thread.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#24 » by getrichordie » Wed May 6, 2020 6:44 pm

shakes0 wrote:The last two posts should be in the Misses thread.

Why is that?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#25 » by shakes0 » Wed May 6, 2020 7:54 pm

getrichordie wrote:
shakes0 wrote:The last two posts should be in the Misses thread.

Why is that?

because they contain more misses than hits. You liked Sexton over SGA....I'd call that a miss, but I guess you can call it a still to be determined.

Most of your tiers were a mess in the other post. Trae was a huge miss. Bagley way too high. MPJ too high if you have him in the same tier as Luka. JJJ and Ayton shouldn't be in the same tier as Bridges and Bamba. You've got two outright busts in tier 3 in Smith and Knox.

I see a lot more misses than hits. Even if you don't, this a thread for Hall of Fame hits, i.e. huge calls you made that turned out right. YOu might disagree with my opinions on your ratings, but you really can't disagree that none of the things you got right are even close to qualifying as a Hall of Fame hit.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#26 » by King Ken » Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 am

Hits:

I think Reddish/Clarke/White will be hits. No misses so far.

18: I think my charts were accurate. Hope Bagley becomes tier 1 which is looking like a reach. Tier 2 looking 100%. Bamba is the only one I am waiting for. I think MPJ is on the right track. I wasn't high as on Knox as I graded him. I knew his bust potential was extremely high.

17: I don't think I hit or miss on this draft. Tatum is better than I thought he would be by this stage.

16: Ingram was letting me down until this year. I hit on LeVert and Sabonis. Missed on Kris Dunn and Tyler Ulis badly.

15: Turner, Booker, Unicorn. Missed on Okafor, Stanley Johnson, and Winslow.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#27 » by Marcus » Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 pm

King Ken wrote:Hits:

18: I think my charts were accurate. Hope Bagley becomes tier 1 which is looking like a reach. Tier 2 looking 100%. Bamba is the only one I am waiting for. I think MPJ is on the right track. I wasn't high as on Knox as I graded him. I knew his bust potential was extremely high.

17: I don't think I hit or miss on this draft. Tatum is better than I thought he would be by this stage.

16: Ingram was letting me down until this year. I hit on LeVert and Sabonis. Missed on Kris Dunn and Tyler Ulis badly.

Post some links for some of these takes and you're gonna need to give Reddish time before you can own that hit unless you had his exact rookies numbers posted somewhere beforehand.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#28 » by King Ken » Sun May 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Marcus wrote:
King Ken wrote:Hits:

Post some links for some of these takes and you're gonna need to give Reddish time before you can own that hit unless you had his exact rookies numbers posted somewhere beforehand.

Other then what I posted here, I don't think i have any links. But if i have it here, it's there for public info.

I stopped posting online my boards in 2013. The Giannis draft. I should have the 2018-2020 information on this site.

Considering what I've seen so far, I am extremely confident in those three moving forward
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,795

Post#29 » by HotelVitale » Sat Jun 6, 2020 4:08 am

I wanted to shout out my man Negrodamus from the Sixers draft threads. Lived up to his name a bunch of time by coming out hard for players that, in retrospect, we all should've seen coming. His signature is 'these picks would be perfect for us, but we'll inevitably end up taking whichever overrated schlub the draft websites have higher than them.' Those threads are all locked because they're dated to those particular drafts, but here are a couple examples. (If he were only our GM those years, sigh.)

In 2017 he spent weeks pitching Donovan Mitchell as a top pick and possibility for the Sixers at #5 with posts like this:
"I mean, if you objectively look at it, he's a better at almost everything than Ball except for passing and three point shooting (however I like Mitchell's potential as a shooter in the NBA much more since he's got a form shooting coaches can work with). He's a more versatile offensive player than Monk, by a lot. He is on the same tier defensively (some might argue Mitchell is better) than Fox and he can also get his shot wherever he wants on the court, and, you know, actually make it. He's infinity times better at defense than Fultz and Smith. On top of that, he's in the same echelon of athlete as all of them, vertically and laterally. So, when we're talking about potential and swinging for the fences, I'm not sure where an explosive, two way scoring sophomore guard falls in that category."

The year after he beat the drum for the Sixers taking SGA at #10 for months and months:
"I've really been struggling to keep SGA (low). His tourney season (SEC/NCAA) might be the best during that stretch of any guard. 6 games: 20ppg (52% FG, 54% 2FG, 42% 3FG), 8 FTA per game (84% FT), 6 apg, 6 rpg, 2 spg, 2.5 topg. Efficient with volume. The funny thing is, if you do the last 10 games, it's arguably more efficient in the scoring department. He was just dominating people."
"Not to be the SGA propaganda machine, but he's the reason this team made a complete turn around...Along with him being determined to be great and having the stats + ideal height/length makes him pretty can't miss to me"

In '17 there were a couple of us who were very vocal about how Fultz was overrated, but he was the only one who kept repeating that Tatum was the real star:
"I'm still a bit confused as to how Tatum isn't even in the discussion for #1 or even #2. I don't think I've wavered off him as the best player since midway through conference play. 2 way player with size, agility to defend multiple positions, and a foul drawing scorer with textbook jumper."
"His size and skill makes me think he's the best prospect in the draft. He's been great off ball and in ISO situations ever since Duke has been honed in. The idea that he's just a ball dominant scorer is really a fallacy now. He's actually very much playing within their system and thriving. I think people see the "ISO KILLER" headline for that DX video and assume he's a ball hog."
"BTW, Tatum is the best player in this draft. He's scoring at will right now. Carry on."
"Mock drafts have Celtics taking Tatum. They're going to end up with possibly the best player in the draft and he fits their system. Good for them, I guess."
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#30 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:57 pm

My hits are at before draft days:

Draymond Green
Kawhi Leonard
Malcolm Brogdon

Those are draft picks based on where the Warriors were picking in that draft.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,159

Post#31 » by Rich4114 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:01 am

HotelVitale wrote:I wanted to shout out my man Negrodamus from the Sixers draft threads. Lived up to his name a bunch of time by coming out hard for players that, in retrospect, we all should've seen coming. His signature is 'these picks would be perfect for us, but we'll inevitably end up taking whichever overrated schlub the draft websites have higher than them.' Those threads are all locked because they're dated to those particular drafts, but here are a couple examples. (If he were only our GM those years, sigh.)

In 2017 he spent weeks pitching Donovan Mitchell as a top pick, with posts like this:
"I mean, if you objectively look at it, he's a better at almost everything than Ball except for passing and three point shooting (however I like Mitchell's potential as a shooter in the NBA much more since he's got a form shooting coaches can work with). He's a more versatile offensive player than Monk, by a lot. He is on the same tier defensively (some might argue Mitchell is better) than Fox and he can also get his shot wherever he wants on the court, and, you know, actually make it. He's infinity times better at defense than Fultz and Smith. On top of that, he's in the same echelon of athlete as all of them, vertically and laterally. So, when we're talking about potential and swinging for the fences, I'm not sure where an explosive, two way scoring sophomore guard falls in that category."

The year after he beat the drum for the Sixers taking SGA at #10 for months and months:
"I've really been struggling to keep SGA (low). His tourney season (SEC/NCAA) might be the best during that stretch of any guard. 6 games: 20ppg (52% FG, 54% 2FG, 42% 3FG), 8 FTA per game (84% FT), 6 apg, 6 rpg, 2 spg, 2.5 topg. Efficient with volume. The funny thing is, if you do the last 10 games, it's arguably more efficient in the scoring department. He was just dominating people."
"Not to be the SGA propaganda machine, but he's the reason this team made a complete turn around...Along with him being determined to be great and having the stats + ideal height/length makes him pretty can't miss to me"

In '17 there were a couple of us who were very vocal about how Fultz was overrated, but he was the only one who kept repeating that Tatum was the real star:
"I'm still a bit confused as to how Tatum isn't even in the discussion for #1 or even #2. I don't think I've wavered off him as the best player since midway through conference play. 2 way player with size, agility to defend multiple positions, and a foul drawing scorer with textbook jumper."
"His size and skill makes me think he's the best prospect in the draft. He's been great off ball and in ISO situations ever since Duke has been honed in. The idea that he's just a ball dominant scorer is really a fallacy now. He's actually very much playing within their system and thriving. I think people see the "ISO KILLER" headline for that DX video and assume he's a ball hog."
"BTW, Tatum is the best player in this draft. He's scoring at will right now. Carry on."
"Mock drafts have Celtics taking Tatum. They're going to end up with possibly the best player in the draft and he fits their system. Good for them, I guess."

How is this person not pursuing a career as a scout? Does he just need to be found? Awesome post, thanks for sharing.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#32 » by God Squad » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:58 am

Rich4114 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:I wanted to shout out my man Negrodamus from the Sixers draft threads. Lived up to his name a bunch of time by coming out hard for players that, in retrospect, we all should've seen coming. His signature is 'these picks would be perfect for us, but we'll inevitably end up taking whichever overrated schlub the draft websites have higher than them.' Those threads are all locked because they're dated to those particular drafts, but here are a couple examples. (If he were only our GM those years, sigh.)

In 2017 he spent weeks pitching Donovan Mitchell as a top pick, with posts like this:

How is this person not pursuing a career as a scout? Does he just need to be found? Awesome post, thanks for sharing.

Agreed, pretty impressive
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#33 » by EMG518 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Just a few posts. There are obviously misses as well but I have gotten way better at locating solid guys and the busts. I think my most notable miss recently was Trae.

11/18
"Guys I am intrigued with right now, I think they all are going to be good but man could you imagine Zion in MSG.

Zion Williamson
Cam Reddish
Bol Bol
Ja Morant
Rui Hachimura
Kevin Porter Jr"

6/18

"I am really not keen on this draft right now. I like Deandre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Mikal Bridges, Jaren Jackson and Lonnie Walker at the moment."

6/17

I think I am sold on Donovan Mitchell. The kid can score 20 ppg and play defense. We just need to have him work on his play making.

5/17

If were not grabbing one of those top guys, I think I would give John Collins from Wake Forest a real hard look

2/17

I haven't been around lately, been real busy so I haven't kept up with the draft a ton. What's the current talk going on about Fultz. Has there been any concerns about the speed at which he plays the game. He seems like he is in 3rd gear all the time. I am a little concerned about him defensively as well as him getting separation on his shot at the next level. Has anyone else expressed similar concerns?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#34 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:45 pm

My big hits were Draymond Green and Kawhi Leonard

I was on both in college and was pushing the Warriors board hard for them.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#35 » by mattg » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 am

What's with people claiming HOF hits without even being able to link their posts to prove it? How dumb.

Also, now is probably the time for this.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1873398&p=85094886&hilit=herro#p85094886
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#36 » by Dat2U » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:43 am

mattg wrote:What's with people claiming HOF hits without even being able to link their posts to prove it? How dumb.

Also, now is probably the time for this.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1873398&p=85094886&hilit=herro#p85094886

Facts, we need links or it never happened lol.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#37 » by Dat2U » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:52 am

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=918196&p=19955707&hilit=Lawson+curry+dat2u#p19955707

Dat2U wrote:If I was EG on draft night here's what I would have done.

#5: Drafted PG Ricky Rubio.

I'd try to work out a deal with Minny for them to secure Rubio's draft rights and swap picks. If Minny agreed to a Mike Miller for Etan Thomas / Oleksiy Pecherov swap then I would have drafted G Stephen Curry at #6.

If Minny balked at trading Miller I may have settled for the 18th pick. I honestly think Minny would have given up the pick instead of Miller to secure Rubio.

With the 18th pick I would have drafted PG Ty Lawson.

#32: Drafted PF DeJuan Blair

This would have been a no brainer for me. I'd have given him a 3 yr deal.

I would have tried to acquire Vince Carter since he was available so cheaply. Mainly using Nick Young as bait. Nick Young, Javaris Crittenton, Mike James and likely Etan Thomas would have been the offer. I wouldn't have asked for Ryan Anderson in return, maybe Sean Williams instead. I think that's a better deal than they got from Orlando.

New lineup:

PF Antawn Jamison > Andray Blatche > Darius Songaila / DeJuan Blair (R)
SF Caron Butler > Dominic McGuire
C Brendan Haywood > Javale McGee > Sean Williams
SG Vince Carter > Stephen Curry (R) > DeShawn Stevenson
PG Gilbert Arenas > Ty Lawson (R)
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,149

Post#38 » by dolphinatik » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:14 pm

Hey I called Herro to the Heat in his senior season and almost got laughed out of my forum for it.
I also called Patrick Beverly pre draft but it didnt work out for the Heat, went completely bust and Euro but then P Bev fought his way back into the league and earned his spot so im claiming it.

I wont claim Luke but there were a few in our Board saying a couple years before his draft he was coming and future Lebron level.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#39 » by FinnTheHuman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:48 pm

I hit on Giannis like a champ. Except I didn't hit on him actually bulking up so much and bullying defenders, I thought he'd be a 10 times more athletic Ingram type of slasher, and that that was how he's gonna make his max money.

FinnTheHuman wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:He shouldn't bulk up. He looks like a raw Kevin Durant with better defensive potential but with a bad jumper. He doesn't jump when shooting 3s and has a low release which is a catastrophe, but it's fixable. Definitely the highest ceiling in 2013 draft.

he's 6'9 and sub 200 lbs. of course he needs to bulk up.

What I meant is that he shouldn't aim to be big. He will get his Durant amount of weight in a couple of years naturally by a typical gym weight training and not forcing mass, because he's only 18. And he shouldn't look to gain more than that.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1253609&hilit=giannis&start=20
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,669

Post#40 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:06 am

I semi-predicted the Celtics would draft Robert Williams. I believe I was the only person here to do so.

viewtopic.php?p=66901473#p66901473
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to NBA Draft