NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#81 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:11 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isn't a very good argument because the NBA has set the bar so low with China. Merely acknowledging the Chinese government's wrongdoings is already doing more than the NBA.

again, tu quoque fallacy.

You can hold Lebron James accountable for outing Daryl Morey and leaving him out to dry.

You can also talk about this protest in its own light.

Conflating the two is disingenuous.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#82 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:12 pm

nickhx2 wrote:valiant effort, nippy. but the unfortunate reality is we live in a world where being disingenuous and dishonest is too often a person's base of discussion, rather than logic. you were never going to get anywhere but i guess someone's gotta try.

eh, we all got to start somewhere. Lets enjoy clippers basketball and end all this politic talk. :D
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#83 » by illastrate » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:14 pm

SVG is the man.

Also, glad the season will resume. The focus on access to voting is huge.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#84 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 pm

NickP wrote:
Kelphus wrote:
NickP wrote:
Easy there. Let's no go daring anyone about anything. Again what happened in Kenosha is tragic. Those kids did not have to see this.
And do not tell me to shut up. Not a felon? Have you even bothered to read the facts or you are simply going to repeat social media? Do you know why the cops were there to begin with? Do you know the victim had a record and an outstanding arrest warrant? Do you know they found a knife in his car?
I'm going to say this again. What happened was tragic. But do not tell me to shut up. I know when a shooting is racially motivated and when it's not.
Black Life Matters.

First, his name is Jacob Blake. He is not a felon. He had a felony charge pending, but was not a felon.
Second, the fact he had an outstanding warrant does not justify seven shots in the back.
Third, the knife was found later, it was not in his hands.
Fourth - SEVEN SHOTS? In the back? With children a few feet away?

I say again, until you take the time to talk to someone who has to live afraid of the police, you have no right to criticize Black Lives Matter. So yeah, go listen before you yap.

And distorting the saying to "Black LIfe Matters" is disrespectful.

Black Lives Matter - every one of them. And until people of all colors can drive at night without fear of the police, or not worry about getting shot if they disobey a cop, then we all have a major problem.

You're assuming too much. Actually it is my very good friend who told me the real difference between "Black Lives Matter" and "Black Life Matters". He's black.
BLM has an agenda that I cannot support. I can still protect and care for every Black Life without supporting BLM. I'm not a Marxist or a communist and can never get behind a political organization like BLM with that agenda. And yes, BLM is a political org.
I will refuse to stand behind a political leader when she says rioting and looting the Chicago mile was justified because it's a form of reparations. No, that's taking jobs and livelihoods away from the same black lives you're trying to protect.
I do not have to support the Democratic party or the Republican party and in that sense I do not have to support BLM.

Good to know you have a friend that speaks on everything relating to african-american relations. :lol:
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#85 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:38 pm

illastrate wrote:SVG is the man.

agree.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#86 » by NickP » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:52 pm

NippySudz wrote:
NickP wrote:
Kelphus wrote:
First, his name is Jacob Blake. He is not a felon. He had a felony charge pending, but was not a felon.
Second, the fact he had an outstanding warrant does not justify seven shots in the back.
Third, the knife was found later, it was not in his hands.
Fourth - SEVEN SHOTS? In the back? With children a few feet away?

I say again, until you take the time to talk to someone who has to live afraid of the police, you have no right to criticize Black Lives Matter. So yeah, go listen before you yap.

And distorting the saying to "Black LIfe Matters" is disrespectful.

Black Lives Matter - every one of them. And until people of all colors can drive at night without fear of the police, or not worry about getting shot if they disobey a cop, then we all have a major problem.

You're assuming too much. Actually it is my very good friend who told me the real difference between "Black Lives Matter" and "Black Life Matters". He's black.
BLM has an agenda that I cannot support. I can still protect and care for every Black Life without supporting BLM. I'm not a Marxist or a communist and can never get behind a political organization like BLM with that agenda. And yes, BLM is a political org.
I will refuse to stand behind a political leader when she says rioting and looting the Chicago mile was justified because it's a form of reparations. No, that's taking jobs and livelihoods away from the same black lives you're trying to protect.
I do not have to support the Democratic party or the Republican party and in that sense I do not have to support BLM.

Good to know you have a friend that speaks on everything relating to african-american relations. :lol:

Um you got me dude. He's not my friend. He's my brother in law. But I'll sure ask him why he or many of his and my black friends dare to think differently?

Yes it'll be a good idea to get back to basketball yeah?
:)
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#87 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:07 pm

NickP wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isn't a very good argument because the NBA has set the bar so low with China. Merely acknowledging the Chinese government's wrongdoings is already doing more than the NBA.

+1

The hypocrisy was that LeBron ATTACKED Daryl Morey for standing up for the Chinese people. Bron became the PROTECTOR of the oppressors. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Now, in a cynical suck-up to LeBron and the rest of the NBA ruling class, the Chernobyl of NBA coaching Stan Van Gundy ATTACKS the straw man of unnamed "people on Twitter." FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Some people are buying it, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#88 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:12 pm

NickP wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
NickP wrote:

Um you got me dude. He's not my friend. He's my brother in law. But I'll sure ask him why he or many of his and my black friends dare to think differently?

Clipper fan extraordinaire Marcellus Wiley too. Free speech for me but not for thee.

"There's a problem when you start to go down this road of freedom of expression, freedom of speech, and how much social space is allowed for those who don't support in that same space,” Wiley said.

“How do I reconcile that what I just told you with this, the [Black Lives Matter] mission statement that says, ‘We dismantle the patriarchal practice. We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement.’

“So, I understand, I respect your space. I respect what you're protesting for. But will you respect others who don't support that same protest?”

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1080341/marcellus-wiley-nba-black-lives-matter-courts/
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#89 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:14 pm

So people can re-elect the same people who CREATED the very conditions they're protesting. It's a suicide pact.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
illastrate
Starter

Post#90 » by illastrate » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:51 pm

So what's the play here? If nothing changes, what's the point of any of this? Are you just accepting status quo?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
illastrate
Starter

Post#91 » by illastrate » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:52 pm

esqtvd wrote:

So people can re-elect the same people who CREATED the very conditions they're protesting. It's a suicide pact.

So what's the play here? If nothing changes, what's the point of any of this? Are you just accepting status quo?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#92 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:56 pm

illastrate wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Voting over and over for the same people who created this mess is what is accepting the status quo. And that's exactly what they will do in every major city in America. A suicide pact.

https://www.governing.com/now/Are-Police-Protests-Leading-to-An-Increase-in-Crime.html
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#93 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Post#94 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:58 pm

(deleted)
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#95 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:04 pm

i don't see why you think it's appropriate to post your fantasies in a thread that's pretty serious
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Post#96 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:24 pm

nickhx2 wrote:i don't see why you think it's appropriate to post your fantasies in a thread that's pretty serious

Yeah, I had a feeling about that. Went back and deleted it.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#97 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:30 pm

NickP wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
NickP wrote:

Nice to know you have a brother-in-law that speaks on everything relating to african-american relations :lol:

I'm glad he speaks for the entire african-american experience.

Can you ask your brother in law, what solutions does he have for african-americans that might feel disfranchised or discriminated against here in america? What organizations does he recommend african-americans join to help find solutions?

Thanks.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:34 pm

esqtvd wrote:

In your opinion, who should we vote for? Trump? Drain the swamp?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#99 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:08 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

In your opinion, who should we vote for? Trump? Drain the swamp?

I'm talking about city governments who are responsible for all this. That incompetent witch in Chicago was elected with 73% of the vote and so will the next clown. And the blood flows deeper and deeper in the streets.

Presidents have nothing to do with it. As Jason Whitlock pointed out, the president when Michael Brown [and Eric Garner] was killed was Barack Obama.

A day after LeBron James declared that black people live in daily fear of police violence and that black men are targeted for death by police, his disciples backed him up en masse.

James is the Al Sharpton of sports, an agent of chaos working closely with politicians who use racial division to rally voter support. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and black ministers can no longer deliver black voters to polling booths. The task has now been handed to James, Colin Kaepernick and black athletes. It’s their job to inflame the emotions of black people and get us to vote for Joe Biden like our lives depended on it.

As you know, I don’t vote. I reject the pervasive dishonesty in politics. As it relates to BLM, the man or woman sitting in the White House has absolutely nothing to do with how police engage with a resisting suspect. President Barack Obama was in office when Michael Brown tussled with officer Darren Wilson.

The politicization of Jacob Blake is a byproduct of political dishonesty. The prevailing sentiment propagandized by BLM that police are intentionally targeting black men is a political ploy.

https://www.outkick.com/career-politicians-who-created-systemic-unfairness-are-playing-lebron-and-his-disciples-for-suckers/
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#100 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:10 am

Hmm.

Read on Twitter
?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers