Post#102 » by Braggins » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:30 pm

DY_nasty wrote:

That sure was something...
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,491

Re: Prospect Thread: LaMelo Ball 

Post#103 » by LofJ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:49 pm

That video is what MKG would have looked like if he thought he could shoot and just fired at will.

*Other teams - just do your thing Mike, we won't stop you. Then proceeds to grab a long rebound and gets fast break points at the other end.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,523

Post#104 » by HornetJail » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:36 am

I legitimately wouldn't be comfortable drafting him anywhere in the lottery. The last couple times I felt that way about a prospect that was in play for the top 5 were Anthony Bennett and Jahlil Okafor.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#105 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:52 am

That video clip of his shooting ... it's ugly.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,336

Post#106 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:37 am

If he falls it's time to talk trade with the Knicks. I think he'll be overvalued by them as a franchise PG and they will look to trade up with the team who grabs him. Pick 8 + 2021 1st + Mitchell Robinson.
It has been written...
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,243

Post#107 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:36 am

MasterIchiro wrote:If he falls it's time to talk trade with the Knicks. I think he'll be overvalued by them as a franchise PG and they will look to trade up with the team who grabs him. Pick 8 + 2021 1st + Mitchell Robinson.

We could then get a Hayes/Haliburton type at 8 who might not even be much of a downgrade on Ball. Plus Robinson (team need at C) and a pick which could be great next year depending on protections.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,043

Post#108 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:42 am

MasterIchiro wrote:If he falls it's time to talk trade with the Knicks. I think he'll be overvalued by them as a franchise PG and they will look to trade up with the team who grabs him. Pick 8 + 2021 1st + Mitchell Robinson.

That'd be a Godsend. A trade like that would put us in the playoff picture immediately
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#109 » by James Gatz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:06 am

I'd happily do 3 for 8 + 2021 unprotected. Everything I've read is that there are multiple franchise changers in the class. Cade looks like the next Doncic level prospect.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#110 » by KGdaBom » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:34 am

Looking over your thread compared to the Wolves thread it seems that despite all the national big wigs, very few of the people like Ball at the top or even near it. I respect your judgment on him.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#111 » by KGdaBom » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 am

LofJ wrote:Please be drafted by the Wolves :pray:

What did we ever do to you? :o
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,144

Post#112 » by Braggins » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:30 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Looking over your thread compared to the Wolves thread it seems that despite all the national big wigs, very few of the people like Ball at the top or even near it. I respect your judgment on him.

Theres a strong consensus for Ball #1 among most of the well known NBA draft twitter community guys, but I'm seeing lots of skepticism of him on realgm in general. The draft forum on here has him going third after Edwards and Wiseman, which is still a good evaluation, but considerably worse than the draft twitter consensus, and lots of individual posters I'm seeing on here just don't like him at all.

This draft might be very unpredictable and the actual picks teams make could really take people by surprise.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#113 » by KGdaBom » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:27 pm

Braggins wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Looking over your thread compared to the Wolves thread it seems that despite all the national big wigs, very few of the people like Ball at the top or even near it. I respect your judgment on him.

Theres a strong consensus for Ball #1 among most of the well known NBA draft twitter community guys, but I'm seeing lots of skepticism of him on realgm in general. The draft forum on here has him going third after Edwards and Wiseman, which is still a good evaluation, but considerably worse than the draft twitter consensus, and lots of individual posters I'm seeing on here just don't like him at all.

This draft might be very unpredictable and the actual picks teams make could really take people by surprise.

Good evaluation. I would not be surprised at all if he falls out of the top 3 and IMO he will fall further if GMs around the league are smart. However, some will consider me stupid for not wanting him at #1.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#114 » by DY_nasty » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:50 pm

Braggins wrote:

These same scouts tried to tell us Yi Jianlian was that dude then showed off tapes of him giving a chair the business one on one :lol:

I'm not saying they're bad - I'm saying that often times, there are ulterior motives in how guys are promoted or diminished.
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#115 » by James Gatz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:12 pm

I thought this Mike Schmitz did a really good job laying out the pros and cons of Lamelo. Definitely worth a watch!

wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 962

Post#116 » by wilson115 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 6:08 am

MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#117 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Sep 2, 2020 6:04 pm

Wolves already shopping this pick. I'm confident the Knicks will overpay and it will be for Ball. Wiseman and Edwards don't hold the same trade value. So with Ball going 1 in my opinion, we're going to have Wiseman or Edwards on the board, both if the Warriors take more NBA-ready Avdija or Toppin.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259427/Wolves-Expected-To-Pursue-Trade-Options-With-No-1-Pick
It has been written...
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,214

Post#118 » by amcoolio » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:33 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Wolves already shopping this pick. I'm confident the Knicks will overpay and it will be for Ball. Wiseman and Edwards don't hold the same trade value. So with Ball going 1 in my opinion, we're going to have Wiseman or Edwards on the board, both if the Warriors take more NBA-ready Avdija or Toppin.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259427/Wolves-Expected-To-Pursue-Trade-Options-With-No-1-Pick

After studying the top 3 I don't want any of the top 3. All three seem like role players at best IMO.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#119 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:46 pm

amcoolio wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Wolves already shopping this pick. I'm confident the Knicks will overpay and it will be for Ball. Wiseman and Edwards don't hold the same trade value. So with Ball going 1 in my opinion, we're going to have Wiseman or Edwards on the board, both if the Warriors take more NBA-ready Avdija or Toppin.

After studying the top 3 I don't want any of the top 3. All three seem like role players at best IMO.

I'm close but down on 2 of the 3. I'm hopeful about Edwards. It's not a good place to be if you don't like anyone outside the top 3. I like Toppin, Avdija and Haliburton in addition to Edwards.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#120 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Sep 2, 2020 10:05 pm

amcoolio wrote:

I will say this, it's not a strong vote of confidence for the top 3 that Wolves are shopping the pick this early. I suppose they need to put the Knicks on notice ASAP and try to bait some other bidders for Ball. Again, nobody is trading up for Wiseman or Edwards. We need Kupchak to pull off a sleeper pick here.
It has been written...

Return to Charlotte Hornets