ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?!

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Re: Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?! 

Post#61 » by stan francisco » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Kudos ^ .

This is the pre-injury Kuz many of us expected from the start of this season. In fact, I think he still has ways to go to get back to his team USA form.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#62 » by lazybatman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:53 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:
myersia wrote:Would we do kuzma for lavine? Obviously we would have to include another piece.

I've always loved my boy King Kuz ... But I would do the above offer

Isn't Lavine a better jump shooter ?? haven't really followed him much

It would most defiantly have to include another piece and maybe even a future pick or 2.

Lavine for Kuz + Green + Cook + Dud + Dwight + McGee + Vogel + Kidd + Pelinka and Jeahnie +10-15 mil cash in a heartbeat if it was on the table and permissible in the Cap.

Lavine is easily a top 10 most athletic all time NBA player who averaged 25 pts @ 45% this year.. remind you of a certain somebody? He defends like Quinn Cook, but he plays for Chicago, so maybe it doesn't really matter. Meanwhile Kuz is Kuz, Lakers hopes and dreams aside :-? :-?

I'd give my new Note11 away if we could get a playmaker who can shoot, and willing to defend -
(lists in order of preference)
Unrealistically - Malcolm Brogdon, CP3, Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowri, FVV, Dinwiddie, DeRozan
Realistically - Rubio, Devonte Graham(because Mike would be the one GM in the league who would just give him away for free / Danny Green), Lonzo - sans Lavaar, Rose, Schroder
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#63 » by chefy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:39 am

Avril Lavigne is the only Lavine we’re getting for Kyle Kuzma. I don’t know why people keep bringing up this Kuzma for Lavine trade. No way bulls would do this.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by stan francisco » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:07 pm

chefy wrote:Avril Lavigne is the only Lavine we’re getting for Kyle Kuzma. I don’t know why people keep bringing up this Kuzma for Lavine trade. No way bulls would do this.

I’d do Avrile Lavine, but not for Kuzma.

Modern era NBA titles:
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#65 » by lazybatman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:53 am

stan francisco wrote:
chefy wrote:Avril Lavigne is the only Lavine we’re getting for Kyle Kuzma. I don’t know why people keep bringing up this Kuzma for Lavine trade. No way bulls would do this.

I’d do Avrile Lavine, but not for Kuzma.
Ikr

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#66 » by NippySudz » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Man, Kuzma didn't have a good series but I'd never would have known it. In the earlier games he did have some solid defensive games and seem to be doing all the little things to win.

So far, kuz is shooting 36% and averaging 10.8ppg in the playoffs.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:52 am

Read on Twitter
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#68 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:05 pm

NippySudz wrote:Man, Kuzma didn't have a good series but I'd never would have known it. In the earlier games he did have some solid defensive games and seem to be doing all the little things to win.

I felt Kuzma had a pretty good impact of the game. His overall stats didn't looked good bec of bad shooting games of games 5 and 1.
For game 1, inspite of shooting badly like everybody else, he was a +5 unlike the starters who had massive - impact.
I don't think we should focus too much on shooting and scoring stats for players who have ZERO sets created for them to score. KCP has at least a couple plays where he can get picks and attack the right side.
If Houston prevails tonight, I expect Vogel to play Kuz more force AD to play center. Him, Green, KCP would be critical for their success.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:30 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Man, Kuzma didn't have a good series but I'd never would have known it. In the earlier games he did have some solid defensive games and seem to be doing all the little things to win.

I felt Kuzma had a pretty good impact of the game. His overall stats didn't looked good bec of bad shooting games of games 5 and 1.
For game 1, inspite of shooting badly like everybody else, he was a +5 unlike the starters who had massive - impact.
I don't think we should focus too much on shooting and scoring stats for players who have ZERO sets created for them to score. KCP has at least a couple plays where he can get picks and attack the right side.
If Houston prevails tonight, I expect Vogel to play Kuz more force AD to play center. Him, Green, KCP would be critical for their success.
I agree. I thought be played well round 1 which is why i thought his stats would reflect that. Seems to being the energy.

His shooting wasn't critical to the success of the portland series but if the Lakers play houston, it might be very critical that he, and Danny green hit their shots more consistently.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#70 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:40 pm

NippySudz wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

I agree. I thought be played well round 1 which is why i thought his stats would reflect that. Seems to being the energy.

His shooting wasn't critical to the success of the portland series but if the Lakers play houston, it might be very critical that he, and Danny green hit their shots more consistently.

I think the more critical part is their defense. Kuz, Green KCP etc will have to defend and limit Harden from going to the FT line and their improve shooting will be a bonus esp if AD knows how to properly attack their defense. It's inevitable that he will cool down from 16 feet and he must know when to stop and instead penetrate more.
Kyle will must continue to make better decisions too, when to cut and pass, hustle for offensive rebs, bother shots etc. Myopic fans used to cry about Fisher's 10 pts/game too, and yes, I used to whine that Fox didn't score more and later on I realized most good systems just need two focal scorers.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:48 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

I think the more critical part is their defense. Kuz, Green KCP etc will have to defend and limit Harden from going to the FT line and their improve shooting will be a bonus esp if AD knows how to properly attack their defense. It's inevitable that he will cool down from 16 feet and he must know when to stop and instead penetrate more.
Kyle will must continue to make better decisions too, when to cut and pass, hustle for offensive rebs, bother shots etc. Myopic fans used to cry about Fisher's 10 pts/game too, and yes, I used to whine that Fox didn't score more and later on I realized most good systems just need two focal scorers.

I'm not saying kyle needs to score more than what he averages right now. If kyle continues to average 10 points, but he's shooting 45% from 3. That's good. However, 36% clip might not be good enough.

Rondo's coming back so maybe it'll be less of an issue because rondo will get guys in their spots. I'm a believer of playoff rondo. I think in the regular season some guys are bored. Also, I think some guys play better when you have time to really study the opponent and their tendencies. I think rondo is one of those guys. I think playoff rondo will happen. if rondo in their spots, more opportinues to hit or take shots while lebron sits.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by stan francisco » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:02 pm

A few days old but I should’ve perhaps posted this here instead:

stan francisco wrote:Defensive efficiency rating 2020 playoffs, players playing 15mpg or more:

1) Beverly 82.3 20mpg
2) Caruso 87.2 24mpg LAL
3) Powell 88.1 24mpg
4) Ibaka 91.1 24mpg
5) Davis 91.2 32mpg LAL
6) Morris 91.9 18mpg LAL
7) Kuzma 92.1 24mpg LAL

11) LBJ 99.7 33mpg LAL

I’m okay with Kuz not scoring in bunches yet (because of his defense), but I think he’ll start draining his outside shot soon again. When that happens he’ll get lanes to drive and/or dish.

Defense first and run the break, should be his agenda.

Modern era NBA titles:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers