ImageImageImageImage

Stay the course or rebuild now

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Stay the course or rebuild now

Run it back!
2%
Make minor tweaks to the roster
15%
Keep roster but change coach
1%
Keep coach but make major trades
44%
Make major trades and change coach
38%

Total votes: 82

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Re: Stay the course or rebuild now 

Post#241 » by KillMonger » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:41 pm

tiderulz wrote:
drsd wrote:
KillMonger wrote:I've asked this before but is Spencer Dinwiddie realistic for us?

Orlando needs a SG upgrade. So: No !

I would take him if the price was low, as adding talent to the roster is always a need. but I wouldnt say a priority. One thing about him, he has been a starter, then bench and person who closes games, hasnt had any public issue with coming off the bench. Would be a good locker room voice too. but we arent close enough that i would spend any large amount of trade capital for him.

i agree we need a SG upgrade first

he is a combo guard 6"6 he can play both PG/SG
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#242 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:32 pm

I've been anti tank since the D12 trade.

Blow it up!
This team goes no where without J.I.
Give away AG for pennies on the dollar.
Doesn't matter if Evan stays or is traded, his $$ come off the books after 21.
Give Vuc the choice to stay or go, but Give Mamba more minutes 50/50.
21 season should be about Fultz and Okeke & our draft pick this year. That is what should matter for 21.
Tank hard.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#243 » by tiderulz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:13 pm

KillMonger wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
drsd wrote:
Orlando needs a SG upgrade. So: No !

I would take him if the price was low, as adding talent to the roster is always a need. but I wouldnt say a priority. One thing about him, he has been a starter, then bench and person who closes games, hasnt had any public issue with coming off the bench. Would be a good locker room voice too. but we arent close enough that i would spend any large amount of trade capital for him.

i agree we need a SG upgrade first

he is a combo guard 6"6 he can play both PG/SG

on defense. he is a bad outside shooter on offense beyond 3 ft
3 to <10 ft-- 69/fgm 195/fga .354%
10 to <16 ft-- 21/fgm 80/fga .263%
16 ft to <3-pt-- 9/fgm 29/fga .310%
3-pt--- 123/fgm 400/fga .307%
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#244 » by thelead » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:53 pm

This season wasn’t Cliff’s fault but it’s time to move on if we can get Atkinson or Terry Stotts if he’s fired by the Blazers.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,310

Post#245 » by Knightro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:58 pm

thelead wrote:This season wasn’t Cliff’s fault but it’s time to move on if we can get Atkinson or Terry Stotts if he’s fired by the Blazers.

I would bet anything I own that Steve Clifford keeps his job.

I have a strong suspicion that ownership is much happier with the job the front office and coaching staff are doing than the fan base is.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#246 » by thelead » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:01 am

Knightro wrote:
thelead wrote:This season wasn’t Cliff’s fault but it’s time to move on if we can get Atkinson or Terry Stotts if he’s fired by the Blazers.

I have a strong suspicion that ownership is much happier with the job the front office and coaching staff are doing than the fan base is.

I actually agree with you. The DeVos’ being tone deaf? No....

[Insert_surprised_face_gif_here]
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#247 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:25 am

We’re 2 years removed from needing to blow this **** roster up yet we haven’t done it.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#248 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:26 am

Knightro wrote:

Absolutely Cliff is set. The FO and Cliff are in the last year of contracts. They’re going to sit back say playoffs and injuries hurt us. However 90% of the league and NBA followers know we needed to blow it up years ago.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,310

Post#249 » by Knightro » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:40 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Knightro wrote:

Absolutely Cliff is set. The FO and Cliff are in the last year of contracts. They’re going to sit back say playoffs and injuries hurt us. However 90% of the league and NBA followers know we needed to blow it up years ago.

I don’t know about the front office, but Clifford got a 4-year deal, so he has two years left.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#250 » by EasternMagic » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:33 pm

SOUL wrote:The average Magic fan and occasional RealGM poster does not have the stomach for a full rebuild. It was obvious during our rebuilding days (that we half-assed and didn't see through), and it's obvious with how people react/judge/don't want certain processes for our young players that most other teams do. Being a 7th-8th seed in a bad East with no ceiling is palatable to some people because playoffs is a shiny, fun word even though there is a clear ceiling on this team that we are pretty close to when fully healthy.

Rebuild. Maybe not tear it down, but we need to go in a different direction. Everybody is available, it's not just directed at the "vets", but man, some of you guys really have to start admitting that no matter how much we shuffle the deck, we just don't have a team that is built for winning. The only person untouchable to me is Isaac (even with his injuries) as I think he's the sort of uber 3&D player that is what you need on defense and I still think his offense will grow in the future.. just injuries may take away his true potential.

+1

Return to Orlando Magic