ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrew Wiggins one of Warriors' 'core four' players, Bob Myers says

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Re: Andrew Wiggins one of Warriors' 'core four' players, Bob Myers says 

Post#21 » by Jody Smokz » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Andrew Wiggins is just a victim of the overhyping of the 2014 draft. The dude can play. He's not a star but he's going to be great with the Dubs core guys cooking. I'm not sure why everyone is still so down on him.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#22 » by FaTaL » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:Andrew Wiggins is just a victim of the overhyping of the 2014 draft. The dude can play. He's not a star but he's going to be great with the Dubs core guys cooking. I'm not sure why everyone is still so down on him.

He’s a terrific third option for this offense as long as he plays defense like he did when he showed up
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#23 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:39 pm

One thing to keep in mind when thinking about the Warriors and their closing lineups ... they can use different lineups to close games, they don't have to have a single "death" lineup, they can have lineups for matchups.

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Gasol would be a dominant lineup against any team that uses size that can run (so the Warriors are unlikely to run them off the court) because Gasol and Green are so good at setting screens and delivering the ball.

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Covington, Green would be a dominant lineup against any team that runs their offense through wings or that tries to slow the pace.

Not that Covington and or Gasol are likely Warriors, but just that a long 3 and D player and a big who can defend, rebound, pass, and set screens would be perfect additions to the "core 4".
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,125

Post#24 » by cpower » Tue Sep 1, 2020 9:54 pm

the problem with Wiggins was never his production, but his efficiency (below league avg). And he was a ball stopper which means worse team offense. I hope he can get much better from here but there is a lot of holes in his game. I always thought Bob Myers was a numbers guy :roll:
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#25 » by marthafokker » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:10 pm

Oops... Double post.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#26 » by marthafokker » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:17 pm

If there is a choice of Gasol or Ibaka, I take Ibaka... Whom can be a closing game center.

And Wiggins being inefficient.... That is the Minn-shitty-sota Wiggins version. I haven't seen that crappy jacking offensive mess in GSW.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Mav_Carter
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#27 » by Mav_Carter » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:23 pm

wait til you see what Wiggins can do when the lane opens up with Steph and Klay on the court...he's a 10/10 athlete...just a freak...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#28 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:49 pm

cpower wrote:the problem with Wiggins was never his production, but his efficiency (below league avg). And he was a ball stopper which means worse team offense. I hope he can get much better from here but there is a lot of holes in his game. I always thought Bob Myers was a numbers guy :roll:

Bob is a numbers guy....the number is 29 million = Max Slot
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#29 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:53 pm

marthafokker wrote:If there is a choice of Gasol or Ibaka, I take Ibaka... Whom can be a closing game center.

And Wiggins being inefficient.... That is the Minn-shitty-sota Wiggins version. I haven't seen that crappy jacking offensive mess in GSW.

Minn-shitty-sota.........love it!

And you're spot on. Wiggins with the crappy version of the Warriors played under control/disciplined.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#30 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:45 am

cpower wrote:the problem with Wiggins was never his production, but his efficiency (below league avg). And he was a ball stopper which means worse team offense. I hope he can get much better from here but there is a lot of holes in his game. I always thought Bob Myers was a numbers guy :roll:

He didn’t hold the ball here playing with Toscano , Poole and Paschall..You think he’s suddenly going to be “a ball stopper” playing with Steph, Klay and Draymond?

No ******* way..

And he was a good defender here with us..Minnesota is a million miles away
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#31 » by michaelm » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:16 am

Mylie10 wrote:

It is fairly clear imo that GSW are of the view Wiggins can be useful for them, otherwise they would have kept the arguably more tradeable DeLo or traded him for someone else. I am high on him with GSW until he proves otherwise, and GSW got a first round pick as well, likely to be quite a good pick since Minnesota have elected to build their team around a center who plays no defense, most recently by adding a guard who plays no defense.

Wiggins at least has the physical attributes/athleticism and size to give GSW what they need which DeLo did not. The alternative was KD walking for nothing as you imply.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Little Digger » Fri Sep 4, 2020 3:45 am

The 17 blocks

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Little Digger » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:00 am

Wiggins is most comfortable playing the 2 gaurd..

Read on Twitter
?s=21
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#34 » by jason bourne » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:02 am

Speaking of Ja Morant's dominant victory as ROY, does anyone else remember this? I had no idea :o .

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/12794032/andrew-wiggins-minnesota-timberwolves-named-nba-rookie-year
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#35 » by Coxy » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:06 am

Little Digger wrote:The 17 blocks

Read on Twitter
?s=21

:lift:
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Little Digger » Fri Sep 4, 2020 4:17 am

Kyle on Steph and Wiggins

Read on Twitter
?s=21
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,801

Post#37 » by whatisacenter » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:09 am

michaelm wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

It is fairly clear imo that GSW are of the view Wiggins can be useful for them, otherwise they would have kept the arguably more tradeable DeLo or traded him for someone else. I am high on him with GSW until he proves otherwise, and GSW got a first round pick as well, likely to be quite a good pick since Minnesota have elected to build their team around a center who plays no defense, most recently by adding a guard who plays no defense.

Wiggins at least has the physical attributes/athleticism and size to give GSW what they need which DeLo did not. The alternative was KD walking for nothing as you imply.

I don't think there are many teams that view DLo in a positive light. Minny wanted him to keep KAT happy but I don't think any other teams were offering anything. I personally would have been happy with a DLo for Wiggins trade straight up and getting their top 3 protected pick next season was just the icing on the cake.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#38 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Sep 5, 2020 9:02 am

D'lo didn't have a market besides Minnesota. They were basically bidding against themselves just to keep KAT happy.
What I'm pissed about is that Bob didn't want a useful player like Covington (who was basically gifted by Minnie to Houston, so we could have him if Bob really wanted).
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,211

Post#39 » by Onus » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:36 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:D'lo didn't have a market besides Minnesota. They were basically bidding against themselves just to keep KAT happy.
What I'm pissed about is that Bob didn't want a useful player like Covington (who was basically gifted by Minnie to Houston, so we could have him if Bob really wanted).

I thought the story was that they wanted a first for Covington and we wouldn’t give up a pick for him and we wanted a pick. It was either pick or Covington.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#40 » by azwfan » Sat Sep 5, 2020 3:07 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:D'lo didn't have a market besides Minnesota. They were basically bidding against themselves just to keep KAT happy.

Minnesota got 2 frp for Covington and then flipped one of them to Denver for Beasley and Hernangomez... would hardly call 2frp a gift.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.

Return to Golden State Warriors