Round 1, Game 7: Utah Jazz @ Denver Nuggets

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Round 1, Game 7: Utah Jazz @ Denver Nuggets 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:34 pm

That was a fun series. Much respect to the Nuggets for fighting back in it and forcing a game 7 where anything can happen.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Re: Round 1, Game 7: Utah Jazz @ Denver Nuggets 

Post#2 » by zero24gravity » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:23 pm

Come back & reference this post after round 2.

Whomever wins this series will be an easy out in the next round. The worst playoff defense I can ever recall seeing, coming from BOTH teams. Six games-in and still like watching high-level playground ball. Entertainment? Sure. Some great individual offensive efforts that would be hard for anyone to stop? Absolutely. Still, that doesn't excuse the massive amount of easy drives to the basket & wide open 3's that both teams are getting. It's been cool to see the Jazz offense clicking, but it's pitiful to watch teams simply trying to outscore the other team with so much on the line (playoffs). Game 7, I want to see teams buckle down & play TOUGH. Give me a 101-95 Jazz win. I'm DYING for it
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#3 » by Denizfeital » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:00 pm

I am not confident about this one.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#4 » by stitches » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:40 pm

It will be all about our ability to stop their offense. We can score and create shots, butif we cannot defend Murray it might all be moot. This is a great offensive series so far. Quin needs to do something defensively to break up Murray's rhythm.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#5 » by KqWIN » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:00 am

Our defense is pathetic and based on history we will see no adjustments from Quin. It will be a shooting contest that I hope we happen to win this time.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#6 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:49 am

Neither team will get past the Clippers so I guess it doesn't really matter who wins this series.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#7 » by Hoops Addict » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:50 pm

Go Jazz.....Game 7!

Can Denver win 3 in a row? Can that Denver player score 50+ again? He is due for a bad shooting game right?

The Jazz have overachieved to take the lead in this series, but without Bogey they were definitely not favored in this matchup.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,681

Post#8 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:03 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Neither team will get past the Clippers so I guess it doesn't really matter who wins this series.

I think it would be good experience for the Jazz to test themselves against the Clips, even if the Jazz get swept. Go Jazz!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#9 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Sep 1, 2020 7:20 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:Neither team will get past the Clippers so I guess it doesn't really matter who wins this series.

I think it would be good experience for the Jazz to test themselves against the Clips, even if the Jazz get swept. Go Jazz!

We've been hovering around the first/second round range for about 4 seasons now. We have enough experience and we have plenty of vets who had enough experience. Just churning out a team with the same ceiling every season is not good enough. It's time we stopped giving the Jazz a pass for putting out teams with no shot at real contention every year. The goal should be to win a championship, not to put out a team that makes it to the playoffs every season but can't get past the second round.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#10 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:33 pm

Tony Jones reports that Conley will be benched in favor of Royce to start the game.
Nevermind, apparently I was looking at an old tweet.

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#11 » by FJS » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:04 pm

Altough I know clippers would destroy us, I want to advance. Any experience for Mitchell in playoffs is positive for our future.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,484

Post#12 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:32 am

Utah is winning tonight, I GUARANTEE IT!!! Also, cause I placed $700 on them. :-?
icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#13 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:45 am

Let's go Jazz!

My temporary decorations.

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#14 » by VCfor3 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:57 am

Come on Jazz!
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#15 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:58 am

Conley’s signature right handed floater is probably one of the worst shots in basketball. So frustrating. As is this entire team right now. Rudy is not competing and looks like he’s quit, as he did in the regular season.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#16 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:14 am

No fight from this team. Not even pretending to go for rebounds or loose balls. They want to go home.
icoholic
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:30 am

KqWIN wrote:No fight from this team. Not even pretending to go for rebounds or loose balls. They want to go home.

The defense is gross
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#18 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:32 am

Never been this guy before...but it’s clear to me now. Mitchell and Gobert can’t both be back. It’s not necessarily because they aren’t good enough, but it’s because they are quitters. They don’t compete when things are hard. There needs to be a major culture shift with this franchise. It can’t be lead by Mitchell and Gobert. I’ve been the biggest Gobert supporter...but none of his merits matter if he’s gonna quit like this.
icoholic
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:33 am

KqWIN wrote:Never been this guy before...but it’s clear to me now. Mitchell and Gobert can’t both be back. It’s not necessarily because they aren’t good enough, but it’s because they are quitters. They don’t compete when things are hard. There needs to be a major culture shift with this franchise. It can’t be lead by Mitchell and Gobert. I’ve been the biggest Gobert supporter...but none of his merits matter if he’s gonna quit like this.

Mitchell can turn it on at any time... but Gobert has been bad on both ends of the floor thus far.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#20 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:38 am

icoholic wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Never been this guy before...but it’s clear to me now. Mitchell and Gobert can’t both be back. It’s not necessarily because they aren’t good enough, but it’s because they are quitters. They don’t compete when things are hard. There needs to be a major culture shift with this franchise. It can’t be lead by Mitchell and Gobert. I’ve been the biggest Gobert supporter...but none of his merits matter if he’s gonna quit like this.

Mitchell can turn it on at any time... but Gobert has been bad on both ends of the floor thus far.

I don’t think Mitchell can. He was incredible, no doubt about it. But he has failed miserably before as he is doing now. He’s a young player still, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say he’s closer to the player he’s always been and not the player he has been for the majority of this series.

Return to Utah Jazz