Vet min: Austin Rivers
2nd rnd pick: Payton Pritchard

Curry/ Winslow/ Pritchard
Klay/ Rivers
Wiggins/ Robinson/ Jeff Green
Draymond/ Paschall
Wiseman/ Ibaka/ Chriss

Round out with Poole, Mulder, Smiley

Winslow gives us a defensive forward, but an offensive point guard. Injuries are a concern. Especially the dreaded hip, yikes.

Ibaka at the MLE is a ridiculous thought. But dang it would be epic with Draymond, Wiseman, and Chriss in a rotation.

Wiseman has been my pick all along, so I’m not changing.

Jeff Green hasn’t been a guy I loved in the past, but playing in the Houston style has been really good for him, and he’s playing great. I don’t expect that to make him a lot of money based from the economic situation in the league. Shoots the three, has good size, and is cheap.

Robinson showed to be a decent fit, and can help us in a wing rotation. Hitting open shots was good for him.

Austin Rivers on a minimum can make some sense from a scoring standpoint. His game has improved, and playing with the Warriors could give his rep a boost.

Payton Pritchard in the second round would be an absolute steal. He’s Mickey McConnel, but a better scorer. He’s relentless and better than Ky Bowman, Damion Lee, and Mike Mulder right now.

I know I’m dreamin
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#302 » by ShayDee » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:51 am

Mylie10 wrote:TPE: Justice Winslow
MLE: Serge Ibaka
#2: James Wiseman
Vet min: Jeff Green
Vet min: Glenn Robinson

Klay/ Rivers
Draymond/ Paschall
Wiseman/ Ibaka/ Chriss

Winslow gives us a defensive forward, but an offensive point guard. Injuries are a concern. Especially the dreaded hip, yikes.

Ibaka at the MLE is a ridiculous thought. But dang it would be epic with Draymond, Wiseman, and Chriss in a rotation.

Jeff Green hasn’t been a guy I loved in the past, but playing in the Houston style has been really good for him, and he’s playing great. I don’t expect that to make him a lot of money based from the economic situation in the league. Shoots the three, has good size, and is cheap.

Robinson showed to be a decent fit, and can help us in a wing rotation. Hitting open shots was good for him.

Austin Rivers on a minimum can make some sense from a scoring standpoint. His game has improved, and playing with the Warriors could give his rep a boost.

Payton Pritchard in the second round would be an absolute steal. He’s Mickey McConnel, but a better scorer. He’s relentless and better than Ky Bowman, Damion Lee, and Mike Mulder right now.

I know I’m dreamin

Malachi Flynn/Ty-Shon Alexander better defender than Pritchard if we are going with small guard. But Pritchard is a way better scorer. I'm torn between who I prefer
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#303 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Klay/ Rivers
Draymond/ Paschall
Wiseman/ Ibaka/ Chriss

I know I’m dreamin

Green has been awesome in Houston, but with the caveat that he plays the 5. I'd love that, but doubt Kerr would. Also think Ibaka is a pipedream, as much as I'd like to get him or Gasol.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#304 » by FaTaL » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Klay/ Rivers
Draymond/ Paschall
Wiseman/ Ibaka/ Chriss

I know I’m dreamin

Rivers, vet min?

:lol:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#305 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:08 pm

FaTaL wrote:

Klay/ Rivers
Draymond/ Paschall
Wiseman/ Ibaka/ Chriss

I know I’m dreamin

Rivers, vet min?

:lol:

He only made like 2 mil this year
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#306 » by Little Digger » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:21 pm

Serge Ibaka is the target..Hes got to be
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#307 » by ShayDee » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Little Digger wrote:Serge Ibaka is the target..Hes got to be

He is not in our range at MLE and we not using TPE for sign and trade. Also PLS BOB Gasol sucks, He is old. He has the brains but his body is failing him
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#308 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:56 pm

He’s a pipe dream as noted previously, but he’s my pipe dream lol

My other pipe dream is Baynes or Dragic. Baynes probably the most realistic.

With the NBA climate we might get lucky.

My TPE pipe dream is Covington. The only hope is that Houston has to cut money. But for what he does his contract is so friendly that I can’t see Houston letting him go.

Winslow is kind of a pipe dream. But his injury history is getting scary. Getting a Looney vibe there, but he’s fit great.
Khoee wrote “
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#309 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:04 pm

ShayDee wrote:

He is not in our range at MLE and we not using TPE for sign and trade. Also PLS BOB Gasol sucks, He is old. He has the brains but his body is failing him

I'd love Gasol as a very limited regular season option, but not at anything like big money.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#310 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

My TPE pipe dream is Covington. The only hope is that Houston has to cut money. But for what he does his contract is so friendly that I can’t see Houston letting him go.

Winslow is kind of a pipe dream. But his injury history is getting scary. Getting a Looney vibe there, but he’s fit great.

Dragic, Covington, Winslow, Baynes, Ibaka would be nice, I think all of them (other than Cov) will be paid more than they should be.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#311 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:02 pm

LD...I'm with you. But the way, I was listening to the Dunc' on pod cast and they talked about the stair stepping trade. They aquire a player for 17.2...then wait for a while...then package that player plus another to get to the player they are attempting to acquire. Not sure if it's relevant here...
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#312 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:03 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Dragic, Covington, Winslow, Baynes, Ibaka would be nice, I think all of them (other than Cov) will be paid more than they should be.

All great names....especially Dragic as a back up point.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#313 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:40 am

Is Lonzo Ball a target? He’s in his last year of rookie contract at $11million. 6’6 PG with elite passing and potential elite defensive presence. Not sure why NO would give up on Lonzo, but maybe they don’t see potential.

Solidifies our backup/future point guard. Allows us to draft Wiseman and use our mle and bet minimums on wings.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#314 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 am

cdubbz wrote:Is Lonzo Ball a target? He’s in his last year of rookie contract at $11million. 6’6 PG with elite passing and potential elite defensive presence. Not sure why NO would give up on Lonzo, but maybe they don’t see potential.

Solidifies our backup/future point guard. Allows us to draft Wiseman and use our mle and bet minimums on wings.

Yeah, no.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#315 » by donkeylips » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 am

I wouldn’t mind Lonzo, but it depends on what the warriors would have to trade
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#316 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:12 am

NO has to pay Ingram first and then think whether to commit more long term money when Zion is due an extension.

Of course with his injury profile, maybe they don't want to risk that Zion could remain healthy 3-4 years from now and then another 5 years after that.

So they may want to retain players, especially since they gave up AD.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#317 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 am

I rather just get an expiring contract like James Johnson from the TWolves to help make a bigger trade down the road. If no deal, then it will help lower the Ws cap situation after next year.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#318 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:50 pm

jason bourne wrote:I rather just get an expiring contract like James Johnson from the TWolves to help make a bigger trade down the road. If no deal, then it will help lower the Ws cap situation after next year.

The Warriors don't want to lower their cap situation if they can use it to pay talent. Once it's gone they can't use it anymore.
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#319 » by delsol650 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:09 pm

LonzNO :noway:
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#320 » by jason bourne » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:I rather just get an expiring contract like James Johnson from the TWolves to help make a bigger trade down the road. If no deal, then it will help lower the Ws cap situation after next year.

The Warriors don't want to lower their cap situation if they can use it to pay talent. Once it's gone they can't use it anymore.

Using Johnson's expiring contract would be a backup situation in case the Warriors can't find a deal they like.

Let's use Gordon Hayward as an example. He doesn't fit into our TPE because his PO is over that amount. Even if he did, he would become an UFA after one year.

If we get James Johnson, then we have around $16 M expiring contract for the TPE. The Ws send a SRP to the TWolves for them to make the deal. We can use Johnson's expiring to make a deal with the Celtics assuming they would be looking to get rid of Hayward's contract. Hayward would have to agree, but he could opt out and rework a deal so that it is 3 yrs at around $17-18 M per (or whatever he thinks he can get on the open market and it also fits the trade rules). Then, the Warriors can deal Johnson's expiring and add a SRP to the Celtics for their troubles. The Ws end up with their man Hayward. Hopefully, he's still another Klay.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage

Return to Golden State Warriors