ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#761 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Anyone picking up Bill and Ted today? Against all odds, it's getting awesome reviews.
I'm planning on renting it this weekend. Even if it sucks I can't resist because the original was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#762 » by AussieBuck » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 am

Iheartfootball wrote:Okay Aussie friends. I just finished ‘The Nightingale’. That was...incredibly difficult to watch. Unfortunately, the story fits in today’s current landscape. Anyone else see it? Same writer as The Babadook. She understands how convey suffering in a palpable story. Quite a gift.

Nah anything that grim is too much for me right now.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#763 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:24 am

I’m shook by the passing of Chadwick Boseman. 42 years old. You really never know when your time is up. So sad. Rest in power. Wakanda Forever.
Do it for Chuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#764 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:26 am

I can't believe it. And he dies on Jackie Robinson day.

Read on Twitter

Incredibly sad.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,225

Post#765 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:35 am

:(
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#766 » by humanrefutation » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:54 am

Holy ****. I didn't even realize he was sick. What a terrible loss. I was such a fan of his work and was looking forward to seeing him in many more movies.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,461

Post#767 » by RogerMurdock » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:29 am

There are so many horrible things going on and personally, my last two years have been tough. I don't normally tear up when a celebrity dies because, well, I didn't know them and these things seem to happen all the time, but I'm crushed right now.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#768 » by ClassicJack » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:05 am

This one stings bad. I didn't even like Get On Up but it's been on one of the HBOs all day and I've been watching it off and on for some reason all day. It's been clear for a while that he was sick but I didn't think it was....cancer. He gave me Black Panther on screen and I am forever indebted to him. Thank you, sir and RIP.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#769 » by blazza18 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:46 am

Playing such an important on screen character for the black community while fighting cancer. Iconic.

A sad **** day.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#770 » by Mags FTW » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:45 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:There are so many horrible things going on and personally, my last two years have been tough. I don't normally tear up when a celebrity dies because, well, I didn't know them and these things seem to happen all the time, but I'm crushed right now.

For me, it's his age. My shock and sadness level is similar to when Kobe died. When people die so young you, realize how fragile life is. As cliché as it sounds, it's a reminder that you shouldn't take life for granted.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#771 » by AussieBuck » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:04 pm

**** me all the good people incuding some I actually knwo dying young and others not named particularly with rules reverting just luckily skating on.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#772 » by Bucksfan28 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 pm

My gf just pointed out to me how people were raising suspicions after All Star Weekend. First thing she said was "oh no thats why he looked so thin at the dunk contest".

****, man. RIP
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#773 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:There are so many horrible things going on and personally, my last two years have been tough. I don't normally tear up when a celebrity dies because, well, I didn't know them and these things seem to happen all the time, but I'm crushed right now.

For me, it's his age. My shock and sadness level is similar to when Kobe died. When people die so young you, realize how fragile life is. As cliché as it sounds, it's a reminder that you shouldn't take life for granted.
Yeah man this one definitely hit. I'm around this age and just this week found out one of my college friends was diagnosed with cancer and another college buddy had a bone marrow transplant as a last ditch effort for his 2+ year fight with leukemia. **** cancer

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,461

Post#774 » by RogerMurdock » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:11 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Yeah man this one definitely hit. I'm around this age and just this week found out one of my college friends was diagnosed with cancer and another college buddy had a bone marrow transplant as a last ditch effort for his 2+ year fight with leukemia. **** cancer

Oh man, I hope they pull through. I am also about the same age. My best friend (going back to high school) lost his battle with cancer last July. As did my dog. So, really, I lost my two best friends in a two-week span.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#775 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Now that Cobra Kai is finally off of Youtube and on Netflix I'm finally checking it out. It's freaking great.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#776 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:30 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Anyone picking up Bill and Ted today? Against all odds, it's getting awesome reviews.
I'm planning on renting it this weekend. Even if it sucks I can't resist because the original was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

Rented it on Friday

Legit good movie, first 15 minutes had me a lil nervous, but it's great

Well worth the $20 spent
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#777 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:32 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Now that Cobra Kai is finally off of Youtube and on Netflix I'm finally checking it out. It's freaking great.

Huge fan of Cobra Kai series as well

Not often that an old movie gets rebooted into a tv series and it's actually good

Love them flipping the script and giving you the Johnny Lawrence perspective

Great soundtrack too
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#778 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:51 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Yeah man this one definitely hit. I'm around this age and just this week found out one of my college friends was diagnosed with cancer and another college buddy had a bone marrow transplant as a last ditch effort for his 2+ year fight with leukemia. **** cancer

Oh man, I hope they pull through. I am also about the same age. My best friend (going back to high school) lost his battle with cancer last July. As did my dog. So, really, I lost my two best friends in a two-week span.

Thanks man and my condolences. I realize this kind of stuff starts to happen as you age but doesn't make it any easier.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#779 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh god I can't wait for this.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,713

Post#780 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:42 am

Finally got around to watching Dave and Future Man on Hulu.

Dave is friggin' great. GaTa is one of the best characters on TV. I can't wait to see where they take him.

Future Man started off very slow. My brother recommended it and after the first two episodes I was questioning his judgment but it really grows on you. The guy that plays Wolf cracks me up.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks