Locker Room Issues?

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: Locker Room Issues? 

Post#21 » by Topofthekey » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Moooose wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:As for the Holiday stuff, he refuted that he was unhappy and didn't want to come back on Twitter. Idk if that means anything as far as locker room issues but I think we need to take a lot of these reports with a grain of salt given the current situation.

Well, it was mentioned in the tweet that "the locker room is not a happy place". I don't know if that came from Justin himself or from J. Michael. Whatever it is, I find it surprising for it to come from a player like Justin.

Same actually

He seems to me like a really chill person
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#22 » by boomershadow » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:31 pm

Part of it is this: they know they got their asses kicked by Miami and aren't happy about it. I'm glad they're not happy about it. They shouldn't be. They're professionals. And if winning cures everything, then the opposite side of that coin is losing brings up issues that wouldn't otherwise be a problem.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#23 » by Tom White » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:04 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Ugh. It’s a really bad misread of it. Sam Amick wrote offhand.........

I've learned to not pay much attention to anything Amick says. He seems to be a rumor mill guy looking for "clicks".
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by Tom White » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:24 pm

I thought KP mentioning David West was interesting. Have they kept in regular contact since West left Indy? Is KP just reaching out to get an "outside the bubble" take on things?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#25 » by Wizop » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:49 pm

Tom White wrote:

I thought KP mentioning David West was interesting. Have they kept in regular contact since West left Indy? Is KP just reaching out to get an "outside the bubble" take on things?

West and Warren are very close. I think Warren went to West's bb camp as a kid. someone tweeted today that the Pacers have asked West many times to join the staff (perhaps the player relations staff, not the coaching staff) but he refuses because he has lots of community service things going on. I wouldn't read this contact as anything more than seeking advice about what to look for in a coach.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#26 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:02 pm

Tom White wrote:

Yes, they keep in touch. Have since at least the research in the Warren deal.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by Tom White » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:42 pm

Ah, yes. You guys are right. I had forgotten all about the West/Warren connection. Thanks for the reminders.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#28 » by pacers33granger » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:38 pm

Moooose wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:As for the Holiday stuff, he refuted that he was unhappy and didn't want to come back on Twitter. Idk if that means anything as far as locker room issues but I think we need to take a lot of these reports with a grain of salt given the current situation.

Well, it was mentioned in the tweet that "the locker room is not a happy place". I don't know if that came from Justin himself or from J. Michael. Whatever it is, I find it surprising for it to come from a player like Justin.

pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#29 » by pacers33granger » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:39 pm

For those who hadn't seen Justin's reply. Take it for what it's worth, but he appears to have refuted the whole notion basically.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#30 » by Moooose » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:42 pm

pacers33granger wrote:For those who hadn't seen Justin's reply. Take it for what it's worth, but he appears to have refuted the whole notion basically.

Thanks for the clarification. It is easy to believe whatever is posted. These authors are good in making clickbaits.

But if Justin has indeed tweeted about his "unhappiness" and then deleted it, there is still likely a good chunk of truth to it.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:39 pm

Moooose wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:For those who hadn't seen Justin's reply. Take it for what it's worth, but he appears to have refuted the whole notion basically.

Thanks for the clarification. It is easy to believe whatever is posted. These authors are good in making clickbaits.

But if Justin has indeed tweeted about his "unhappiness" and then deleted it, there is still likely a good chunk of truth to it.

Justin never tweeted on it or deleted said tweet.

What P33G posted above you was the extent of Justin’s “involvement”. That was it.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#32 » by Moooose » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:30 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Moooose wrote:

What P33G posted above you was the extent of Justin’s “involvement”. That was it.

Hmmm. I am confused. Lol. I thought there was a deleted tweet from Justin. At any rate, I think the truth we got from this is to never fully trust that J. Michael guy.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,713

Post#33 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:22 pm

Moooose wrote:

Man IndyStar has become clickbait central.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#34 » by pacers33granger » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:34 pm

Moooose wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Moooose wrote:

Hmmm. I am confused. Lol. I thought there was a deleted tweet from Justin. At any rate, I think the truth we got from this is to never fully trust that J. Michael guy.
Maybe other posters were saying that J Michael deleted his tweet once Holiday responded? I'm not entirely sure either.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#35 » by Wizop » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:42 pm

I heard JMichael as saying someone had told him that Brogdon and JHolla were unhappy with two unnamed players. He did not say that Brogdon or JHolla was his source and he didn't name the two other players. It's all in that long podcast and not in tweets.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:48 pm

Wizop wrote:I heard JMichael as saying someone had told him that Brogdon and JHolla were unhappy with two unnamed players. He did not say that Brogdon or JHolla was his source and he didn't name the two other players. It's all in that long podcast and not in tweets.

pacers33granger wrote:
Moooose wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Maybe other posters were saying that J Michael deleted his tweet once Holiday responded? I'm not entirely sure either.
Moooose wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Moooose wrote:

Guys, Wizop has it.

It was an appearance on a podcast. The podcast hosts tweeted out that first picture that Justin responded to. They mis appropriated J.Michael's quote, and Justin responded to the mis-quote. That's it. No clickbait, and it wasn't the Indystar that put ANY of it out. That PacersAccess was the podcast, and the ones that posted the poor quote. Not J.Michael. Not the IndyStar. And Justin Holiday didn't tweet and delete anything.

That's it.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#37 » by pacers33granger » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:10 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
It was an appearance on a podcast. The podcast hosts tweeted out that first picture that Justin responded to. They mis appropriated J.Michael's quote, and Justin responded to the mis-quote. That's it. No clickbait, and it wasn't the Indystar that put ANY of it out. That PacersAccess was the podcast, and the ones that posted the poor quote. Not J.Michael. Not the IndyStar. And Justin Holiday didn't tweet and delete anything.

That's it.

Thanks for the clarification.

To further clarify, Amick's report was 100% clickbait and not based on anything of substance though.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#38 » by Topofthekey » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:11 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:I heard JMichael as saying someone had told him that Brogdon and JHolla were unhappy with two unnamed players. He did not say that Brogdon or JHolla was his source and he didn't name the two other players. It's all in that long podcast and not in tweets.

pacers33granger wrote:
Moooose wrote:
Moooose wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Guys, Wizop has it.

That's it.

Ok, sounds like Brogdon and Justin were indeed unhappy with two other players, but not to the extent that they would vent about it publicly

So basically it's not that bad but still kind of bad?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:08 pm

I think we have to accept it’s likely that one of the players is Warren, but I don’t think it has to mean that he’s a terrible locker room guy, maybe just a cold and distant guy. Every interview with players about him has some mention of “yeah, he’s different, but he’s cool”.

Add in that we lost the vet that truly was our locker room leader in Thad, too, and you could see that the locker room might be fine, or ok, and yet that would possibly be a huge and noticeable downgrade from the past.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#40 » by Wizop » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:05 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I think we have to accept it’s likely that one of the players is Warren

and if we are talking about starters, the other one is likely to be Victor. I don't remember either Victor nor Warren frequently pointing at themselves to admit "my bad."

I'm not at all concerned about Warren having trouble staying on Butler or not voicing self-criticism. Butler's a monster. I am concerned about 3 point defense. I'm willing to blame some of that on the system, but if what players were unhappy about were failures to follow the system ...

Return to Indiana Pacers