Rockets in 7
6%

Total votes: 18

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: WCQF: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets | P1 

Post#341 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:26 am

Have to give the team credit. It would have been easy for them to lay down last night. They said nope lets force game 7.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#342 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:33 am

getrichordie wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
getrichordie wrote:I baited you? Wow. :lol: Did I say something that triggered you? I literally just asked about you because I haven't seen you active.

The irony is killing me... just a couple of weeks ago or whatever, you are apologizing to me for how you acted in the forums and now you are accusing me of baiting people/calling the forum "insufferable" which is an interesting choice of words, especially coming from you...

Just a few posts ago you mocked people that don’t support Donovan by saying “FiRe DoNoVaN” and followed that up by asking of the whereabouts of a specific poster which you recently had a heated discussion about the topic. So yeah, it kind of seems like baiting even if that wasn’t your intent.

Let’s please all chill on personal critiques of others and enjoy what’s left of this season.

Two separate posts... it would look like bait if it was in same post. Can we not get our panties in a wad because I asked where a long-time, and formerly highly active member is and how they were doing?

Thank you for editing this.

Anyways, the fact that it was two separate posts is why I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Due to the fact that last time you two had a debate it got heated, surely you can see why your intent could be viewed as a little suspect? No one got any warnings. Let's just move on and enjoy game seven. 8-)
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#343 » by getrichordie » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:35 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Just a few posts ago you mocked people that don’t support Donovan by saying “FiRe DoNoVaN” and followed that up by asking of the whereabouts of a specific poster which you recently had a heated discussion about the topic. So yeah, it kind of seems like baiting even if that wasn’t your intent.

Let’s please all chill on personal critiques of others and enjoy what’s left of this season.

Two separate posts... it would look like bait if it was in same post. Can we not get our panties in a wad because I asked where a long-time, and formerly highly active member is and how they were doing?

Anyways, the fact that it was two separate posts is why I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Due to the fact that last time you two had a debate it got heated, surely you can see why your intent could be viewed as a little suspect? No one got any warnings. Let's just move on and enjoy game seven. 8-)

Fair enough, but for future reference, the same should be suspected of the other guy, no?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#344 » by getrichordie » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:38 am

Galloisdaman wrote:If I was Billy I would point out 2 stats to Dort.

1. 69% of his shots are from 3 point range.
2. He is only shooting 18% from 3 point range

Houston is happy to live with those 2 stats.

Except all of OKC roster, including our leader, Paul, is rooting for him to keep shooting open shots. It's the right move. He has to show he can be respectable to pull a defender off paint and if he can't it's going to be difficult driving anyway.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#345 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:51 am

getrichordie wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Fair enough, but for future reference, the same should be suspected of the other guy, no?

Yes. Sent PM.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#346 » by getrichordie » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:27 pm

I forgot to mention that Chris Paul, in post-game interview, *emphatically* said that Dennis Schroder was a "dog" when describing his competitiveness and said he would go to battle with him against anyone.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#347 » by Old Man Game » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:22 pm

getrichordie wrote:I forgot to mention that Chris Paul, in post-game interview, *emphatically* said that Dennis Schroder was a "dog" when describing his competitiveness and said he would go to battle with him against anyone.

I find it entertaining that Paul sings Dennis' praises but after being his teammate for a year still hasn't gotten the pronunciation of his name ironed out. (he always says "Schr-Oh-der").
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#348 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:44 pm

getrichordie wrote:

Except all of OKC roster, including our leader, Paul, is rooting for him to keep shooting open shots. It's the right move. He has to show he can be respectable to pull a defender off paint and if he can't it's going to be difficult driving anyway.

I believe they are trying to boast his confidence but its not the right move in my opinion. Houston loves for him to take those shots especially early in the shot clock. If Houston could have Dort take every shot as a wide open 3 they would be happy to do it. As Kenny Smith said his form is off. He is shooting it at a 18% clip. In the regular season it was 29%. That is not the way to go. Would you want Shaq taking wide open 3's? Ben Wallace? So why Dort?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,106

Post#349 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:45 pm

Oh well we won more playoff games in a season than the last 3 seasons combined ;)

Finally CP3 with a monster clutch game! That was the kind of performance I was expecting from him in a series against his former team. Going to be difficult for him to play at a high level every 48 hours though.

As I said on the GB, I don't like our odds to win game 7. We won 3 very close games while Houston won 3 easy games and our offense sucks against their defense (not allowing us to take many midrange shots).

I was expecting a bit more coming from Shai to be honest. He isn't playing bad but can't recall a very good game from him during this series. On the other hand I'm really excited about Bazley showing up in the playoffs. He showed his potential during regular season but being able to help his team in the playoffs is something else. Look forward to see his development next year.

The only thing I don't want in game 7 is to see Ferguson on the court. I think he never played an ''ok'' playoff game in his life.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#350 » by getrichordie » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:15 pm

Tough not to play Ferguson when Dort racks up 3 fouls in first quarter. We have to rest Paul. One option that could be viable but unlikely to be significantly better is Nader at the 4 and Bazley at the 3 when Gallinari sits if Dort runs into more foul trouble.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#351 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:14 pm

getrichordie wrote:Tough not to play Ferguson when Dort racks up 3 fouls in first quarter. We have to rest Paul. One option that could be viable but unlikely to be significantly better is Nader at the 4 and Bazley at the 3 when Gallinari sits if Dort runs into more foul trouble.

Is Dort that much of an upgrade over Ferguson? Dort has been hustling hard on defense but Harden still scores.

Neither Dort nor Ferg score much but Ferg shoots less.

Per 100 possessions Dort is basically for 3rd on the team tied with Gallo with 18 shot attempts.

I already said I think its a mistake for Dort to take open 3's (18%) but it does not get that much better at the FT line (44%)
mr570
Senior
And1: 293

Post#352 » by mr570 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:04 pm

Dort is playing defense against a 31 year old superstar vet who adjusted. Why are people acting like the rookie should be doing better than he has done?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,106

Post#353 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:19 pm

Dort isn't a great player (yet) and isn't close to be DPOY but he's such a big improvement over Ferguson. Our defense in game 1 with Ferguson as a starter was a joke.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#354 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:00 pm

mr570 wrote:Dort is playing defense against a 31 year old superstar vet who adjusted. Why are people acting like the rookie should be doing better than he has done?

I admire his effort and he has done really well on defense but there is a price to pay at the other end of the court. I'm not bashing him. I'm just worried about him taking so many shots especially from 3. His defense is not what I'm speaking about. Do you want Dort to be taking the 3rd most shots on the team 18% from 3 and 44% from the FT line? Is that logical for OKC or is it what Houston wants?
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#355 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:02 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Dort isn't a great player (yet) and isn't close to be DPOY but he's such a big improvement over Ferguson. Our defense in game 1 with Ferguson as a starter was a joke.

If Dort would continue his defense but instead of shooting from outside just crash the offensive boards I would feel a lot better strategically. Houston is begging him to shoot for a reason.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#356 » by getrichordie » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:15 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Dort isn't a great player (yet) and isn't close to be DPOY but he's such a big improvement over Ferguson. Our defense in game 1 with Ferguson as a starter was a joke.

If Dort would continue his defense but instead of shooting from outside just crash the offensive boards I would feel a lot better strategically. Houston is begging him to shoot for a reason.

The problem is that our offense is best when attacking downhill and getting to the rim. Dort is such a non-threat from the perimeter that it makes it so easy for HOU to play Pack Line defense...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#357 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:30 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

The problem is that our offense is best when attacking downhill and getting to the rim. Dort is such a non-threat from the perimeter that it makes it so easy for HOU to play Pack Line defense...

Right now if he just kept moving whether it be cutting through the lane or all around the perimeter I think he would be more of an asset by drawing defenders than standing out at the 3 point line and shooting. Keep his admirable defense. Keep his willingness to go to the boards. Just be more strategic about his role on offense. His defense makes him an asset but his offense (18% from 3pt) has hurt at times so maximize his positive (defense and rebounding) while minimizing his negative. Now if he is cutting through the lane and nobody guards him than for sure get him the ball. He can score inside.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#358 » by Balkman32 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:03 pm

getrichordie wrote:

Eric Gordon is basically in the same spot. Let him shoot the 3.

I think its a little bit of both. Dort can't have more shots than Gallo. It just can't happen.

When you are left wide open on a 3 you can get your self out of rhythm. If/ when he is left wide open he needs to develop a sequence. He can dribble the ball once, or something like that. I don't care if he is taking a 3 with less than 7 on the shot clock. But, if Dort is wide open with 14 seconds left in the shot clock he needs to pernitrate and dish.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#359 » by Balkman32 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:15 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
mr570 wrote:Dort is playing defense against a 31 year old superstar vet who adjusted. Why are people acting like the rookie should be doing better than he has done?

I admire his effort and he has done really well on defense but there is a price to pay at the other end of the court. I'm not bashing him. I'm just worried about him taking so many shots especially from 3. His defense is not what I'm speaking about. Do you want Dort to be taking the 3rd most shots on the team 18% from 3 and 44% from the FT line? Is that logical for OKC or is it what Houston wants?

I think everyone here thinks highly of Dort. But, if he was playing more of the 5 in the offense he would be more valuable. The worst lineup the Thunder have by far is the starters. They have been getting killed. Their only saving grace is that they are mostly playing against Gordon and Westbrook. If Gordon and Westbrook are on the Bench the Thunder can't trot out their starters.

The Rockets best chance to win game 7 is to limit the time Gordon, Westbrook and Harden are all on the floor. If you can have one of those drivers with these guys in the corners Covington, Green & Tucker (all shooting above 40% from 3) plus McLemore & House on the wings (Both above 35% from 3) the floor will be wide open for your driver of choice. But, luckily the Rockets have played all of them together.

If Harden is on the floor the Rockets better option is to play McLemore & House on the wings. If we see that we need Dort to lock down James or it will be a long night.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#360 » by Balkman32 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:23 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Tough not to play Ferguson when Dort racks up 3 fouls in first quarter. We have to rest Paul. One option that could be viable but unlikely to be significantly better is Nader at the 4 and Bazley at the 3 when Gallinari sits if Dort runs into more foul trouble.

Is Dort that much of an upgrade over Ferguson? Dort has been hustling hard on defense but Harden still scores.

Neither Dort nor Ferg score much but Ferg shoots less.

Per 100 possessions Dort is basically for 3rd on the team tied with Gallo with 18 shot attempts.

I already said I think its a mistake for Dort to take open 3's (18%) but it does not get that much better at the FT line (44%)

The Thunder need to let Gordon shoot 3's the way the Rockets let Dort shoot em.

You have to limit yourself to a 8 or 9 man lineup. Ferguson has been fine with the starters, in limited minutes. But, I would also argue for Bazley to play some 3 and Gallo to play some 5 to get their minutes up. These two can play together, they only played 5 minutes together in 4 games. I think there will be some more overlap tonight.

There is no stopping Harden. But, if we throw different guys at him, give him diff looks and just make it hard for him and make him settle on 3's (34% this series).

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder