Potential sleepers

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Re: Potential sleepers 

Post#1901 » by remi_222 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Killian Tillie !! hope his body is fine now he has been able to rest !
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#1902 » by doordoor123 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:50 pm

getrichordie wrote:mic drop

This video shows that he can make wide open threes. All of his shots are with a lot of space and uncontested. Terrible defense by Boise State. Gotta give Boise State some props for making him look good in this game.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,876

Post#1903 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:53 pm

He is going in the 1st round. I would bet on that.

I could see Miami taking him 20 if they dont resign Leonard and think Kelly is gone next summer as they target bigger fish.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#1904 » by getrichordie » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:05 pm

doordoor123 wrote:

This video shows that he can make wide open threes. All of his shots are with a lot of space and uncontested. Terrible defense by Boise State. Gotta give Boise State some props for making him look good in this game.

That's still really valuable. A lot of teams could use a guy who can reliably knock down open shots. In fact, Mathis is the most efficient shooter off the dribble in this draft and he has a decent functional handle.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1905 » by doordoor123 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:16 pm

getrichordie wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

That's still really valuable. A lot of teams could use a guy who can reliably knock down open shots. In fact, Mathis is the most efficient shooter off the dribble in this draft and he has a decent functional handle.

Yeah, he stood out on your advanced stats page. I’m just referencing this one game.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1906 » by Stillwater » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:14 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

He is going in the 1st round. I would bet on that.

I could see Miami taking him 20 if they dont resign Leonard and think Kelly is gone next summer as they target bigger fish.

not saying his skillset doesnt justify it if it happens , but I would be shocked if anybody is going to give a guaranteed contract to someone with a ton of injury concerns going forward its the same as Bol level concerns and he was a a lot younger if the age on his bc is correct.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
matt6715
Veteran
And1: 2,797

Post#1907 » by matt6715 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:01 pm

Tyrell Terry could be the next CJ McCollum IMO
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#1908 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:25 pm

He reminds me a ton of Jason Terry personally. CJ was taller and bigger coming out. He has a very high release for someone his size, much like Terry. I am usually bullish on guys so light, but Tyrell has a dynamic shot. Quick release, high release, great body control shooting off balance. He has a ton of potential. Great, motivated kid as well.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1909 » by doordoor123 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:44 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

He reminds me a ton of Jason Terry personally. CJ was taller and bigger coming out. He has a very high release for someone his size, much like Terry. I am usually bullish on guys so light, but Tyrell has a dynamic shot. Quick release, high release, great body control shooting off balance. He has a ton of potential. Great, motivated kid as well.

CJ was also a much better player. His handle and mid-range were really good, but he has always lacked speed and athleticism. Terry is much more of a passer, he has great vision and more of a three point shooter. He also has a much better first step. Terry is younger than McCollum was, but isn’t nearly as skilled. He does have things he will be able to do better than McCollum though.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#1910 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:58 pm

CJ was also a much better player. His handle and mid-range were really good, but he has always lacked speed and athleticism. Terry is much more of a passer, he has great vision and more of a three point shooter. He also has a much better first step. Terry is younger than McCollum was, but isn’t nearly as skilled. He does have things he will be able to do better than McCollum though.

Ya, I agree. Terry is a PG, albeit IMO a scoring PG in the Jason Terry mold (Who can also run a team, but is best when there is another handler/creator on the floor with him).

I am very high on Tyrell. I think he is pretty easily the best shooter in the draft. His form is just so natural and effortless.
matt6715
Veteran

Post#1911 » by matt6715 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 7:47 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

Ya, I agree. Terry is a PG, albeit IMO a scoring PG in the Jason Terry mold (Who can also run a team, but is best when there is another handler/creator on the floor with him).

I am very high on Tyrell. I think he is pretty easily the best shooter in the draft. His form is just so natural and effortless.

As a Mavs fan, Tyrell Terry could be a perfect fit as a secondary playmaker and 3 point shooter next to Luka. I see a little bit of Seth Curry but with a bit more athleticism in him as well. I think if he goes outside of the late lotto, somebody will get a steal.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#1912 » by doordoor123 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:04 pm

matt6715 wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

As a Mavs fan, Tyrell Terry could be a perfect fit as a secondary playmaker and 3 point shooter next to Luka. I see a little bit of Seth Curry but with a bit more athleticism in him as well. I think if he goes outside of the late lotto, somebody will get a steal.

Seth Curry didn’t get drafted because of how unathletic he was. Terry is much more athletic than Curry was.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#1913 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:36 pm

I like the fit too, but if Dallas can get Burke back on a cheap deal it may not be the best use of assets. They have tons of smaller guards, its probably best to roll the dice on a long forward type IMO. But thats riskier as well because Terry is at least sure to be a shooter in this league whereas someone like Patrick Williams has full on flame out of the league bust potential IMO.

Then again, they could go the other way. Dont resign Burke, draft Terry and throw something like 3/15 at Harkless to be a sure thing long defender.
matt6715
Veteran

Post#1914 » by matt6715 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:57 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:

I like the fit too, but if Dallas can get Burke back on a cheap deal it may not be the best use of assets. They have tons of smaller guards, its probably best to roll the dice on a long forward type IMO. But thats riskier as well because Terry is at least sure to be a shooter in this league whereas someone like Patrick Williams has full on flame out of the league bust potential IMO.

Then again, they could go the other way. Dont resign Burke, draft Terry and throw something like 3/15 at Harkless to be a sure thing long defender.

All signs point to the Mavs wanting to package the pick for a difference maker, but I would much prefer if they held onto 18 and hoped one of Nesmith/Saddiq Bey/Tyrell Terry/Josh Green end up falling into their laps, and move the GSW 31st pick. Knowing the Mavs they will trade out of one or both, and i assume they will be trying to package Justin Jackson and/or Delon Wright in a deal
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#1915 » by kobyz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:49 am

Why is Reggie Perry is consider a second round pick, seems like a well rounded big, how's he compared to a guy like Domantas Sabonis?
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1916 » by pcbothwel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:39 pm

kobyz wrote:Why is Reggie Perry is consider a second round pick, seems like a well rounded big, how's he compared to a guy like Domantas Sabonis?

Would of been a different 15 years ago. But bigs that cant protect the rim or guard the perimeter are just depressed in value if they dont have an elite offensive skill set. Throw in legit IQ/awareness issues and a splash of good, but not great length and athleticism... and boom... late 1st/early 2nd draft pick (Ivan Rabb, Caleb Swanigan, Giles, Ellenson)
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#1917 » by kobyz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:53 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
kobyz wrote:Why is Reggie Perry is consider a second round pick, seems like a well rounded big, how's he compared to a guy like Domantas Sabonis?

Would of been a different 15 years ago. But bigs that cant protect the rim or guard the perimeter are just depressed in value if they dont have an elite offensive skill set. Throw in legit IQ/awareness issues and a splash of good, but not great length and athleticism... and boom... late 1st/early 2nd draft pick (Ivan Rabb, Caleb Swanigan, Giles, Ellenson)

But Perry potential on offense is intriguing, very unique combination of skills set and physical presence, can't he be another Sabonis?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#1918 » by EvanZ » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 pm

I have him around 20-25.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#1919 » by EvanZ » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm

pcbothwel wrote:

Perry can provide some rim protection. He'd have more blocks if he played the 5 full time. Almost always played with another big.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#1920 » by Catchall » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:38 pm

EvanZ wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

Perry can provide some rim protection. He'd have more blocks if he played the 5 full time. Almost always played with another big.

Maybe he's a bench player, but it seems he can be at least as good as Markieff Morris. The main question with Perry is his defense.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to NBA Draft