Image ImageImage Image

who do you NOT want in this draft?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Who do you NOT want in this draft?

Anthony Edwards
1%
James Wiseman
10%
Lamelo Ball
38%
Deni Adjiva
12%
Obi Toppin
19%
Killian Hayes
8%
Onyeka Okongwu
4%
Tyrese Haliburton
4%
Devin Vassel
No votes
Cole Anthony
3%

Total votes: 99

Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,212

who do you NOT want in this draft? 

Post#1 » by Senor Chang » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:44 am

So by now many here have let everyone know who they like out of this draft. Whether it is with the #4 pick or through trading down, we know where a lot of us stand in terms who they want on the bulls on draft night. Many also don't know who they want just yet, but they do know who they DON'T want. Who do you not want the bulls to draft this year? Some players you simply may not want at #4 but would be totally fine acquiring them at a lower pick in the lottery.

For me, i don't want Deni at #4 but would be okay in a trade down. However he likely will be picked up to high to make a trade down worthwhile to me. Overall.... i don't want Lamelo PERIOD. His shooting is atrocious. I think he will be no better than Jason white chocolate Williams in a 6'7" frame. That might even be too generous. Jwill was pretty damn sick in his day.
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Re: who do you NOT want in this draft? 

Post#2 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:56 am

Ball no want
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#3 » by PlayerUp » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:11 am

From the list above, none.

It's too early to ride off any of these prospects in this specific draft. Maybe if they struggle in predraft works/measurements look bad, you avoid them.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#4 » by nomorezorro » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:14 am

i thought i was mostly just anti-wiseman as a top-5 pick, but looking at the poll i think he's genuinely my least favorite prospect of the bunch?

my thought process is: worst-case scenario, he's a bust. near-best-case scenario, he still ends up the type of center whose stats look better than their actual on-court impact...the kind of guy a team ends up giving $20+ million a year only to salary dump him two years later
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,297

Post#5 » by Leslie Forman » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:17 am

I don't see an "all of the above" option, please fix
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#6 » by kingkirk » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:30 am

Wiseman and Toppin seem like such GarPax picks so definitely not them.
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#7 » by wonderboy2 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:55 am

Well I knew this board wouldn’t want Wiseman and Ball before I even looked at the Poll. To me Wiseman, Ball, Toppin, Edwards has the best chance of being impact players. I’m on the fence with Deni. Just don’t see him being better than Porter. And Hell no to Hayes.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#8 » by drosereturn » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:44 am

Mark K wrote:Wiseman and Toppin seem like such GarPax picks so definitely not them.

Except Deni and Hayes are the prototypical high floor good character gar pax picks. Toppin get this weird stereotype bc he is a big time college player but he is def a late bloomer with high ceiling. Theres a difference between Toppin and a guy like Doug who was clearly trash but was padding stats at a small college.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#9 » by Dez » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:10 am

Ball.

Absolutely don't see what's so special about a dude that has one skill, passing.

Can't shoot
Can't defend
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#10 » by sco » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:57 am

Wiseman and Ball seem like bad picks. Ball because his game is so incomplete and Wiseman because he hasn't shown anything against meaningful competition (Actually that is my complaint against Deni too). This draft offers a unique opportunity to find a guy who would have shined if there was an NCAA tourney. Assigning probabilities of NBA success with less information overweights the certainty of the top guys. Trading down to 2 shots seems much smarter to me.
:clap:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,376

Post#11 » by DuckIII » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:12 pm

I’m not strongly against anyone.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#12 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:06 pm

Ball and any player who plays at big position.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#13 » by Jvaughn » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:15 pm

I'm strongly against Toppin. Strongly dislike bigs who don't rebound and play defense. I see bust written all over him. And as I stated in the other thread, for those who bash Lauri, they're going to quickly find out Obi has the same issues, except he can dunk the ball well.

Not a huge fan of Cole Anthony either, but there's not really any chance we reach for him at 4, so I don't really have any string feelings towards him. Was a bit disappointed in UNC's play this year, but can't really blame that on Anthony. He may have looked better on a better team.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Post#14 » by nitetrain8603 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:00 pm

Jvaughn wrote:I'm strongly against Toppin. Strongly dislike bigs who don't rebound and play defense. I see bust written all over him. And as I stated in the other thread, for those who bash Lauri, they're going to quickly find out Obi has the same issues, except he can dunk the ball well.

Not a huge fan of Cole Anthony either, but there's not really any chance we reach for him at 4, so I don't really have any string feelings towards him. Was a bit disappointed in UNC's play this year, but can't really blame that on Anthony. He may have looked better on a better team.

I see Derrick Williams all over again with Toppin. Or Aaron Gordon. I think if you plan on bringing him in as an energy bench player, he can do that, but not much else.

Cole Anthony in the late lottery could make sense. I'm not a fan of Deni at anything higher than 7.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#15 » by ChettheJet » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:29 pm

Wiseman is the one that scares me because of how few college games he played, how little action even his coaches can report on, how few chances there will be to see him in a draft camp and so little face to face interview time there will to have.

The two players that had few college games (but there were draft camps and interview time) that we got burned on were Tyrus Thomas and Jamal Crawford. And they got drafted by two different regimes. Tyrus was every bit as athletic as advertised but had no ability or maybe desire to develop the basketball skills. Crawford was touted as the 6-6 PG of the future and that's what we were counting on. Instead when he didn't work out as that, he was traded where other teams weren't bound by the PG notion and he became a 6th man scoring machine who is still in the league nearly 20 years later.

Wiseman has the body, is the athlete, shows up like a beast on the highlight tapes. But those highlight tapes are not very long because he only played a handful of games and few NBA scouts saw him practice and there have n=been no public workouts. So I'm reluctant to go so high with someone with someone with so little history again.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#16 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:43 pm

I don't like Deni. He has a slow 1st step, doesn't have a great off hand, is a poor shooter, and I don't think defense will be his calling card. Next to no one has come out of his league and been successful in the NBA. He's a late lottery pick at best to me.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,624

Post#17 » by dougthonus » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:46 pm

Jvaughn wrote:I'm strongly against Toppin. Strongly dislike bigs who don't rebound and play defense. I see bust written all over him. And as I stated in the other thread, for those who bash Lauri, they're going to quickly find out Obi has the same issues, except he can dunk the ball well.

I'm not sure how he has the same issues as Lauri? Lauri's biggest issue is probably lack of athleticism, aggressiveness, and health. Ignoring health, because who knows, I don't expect Toppin to lack aggressiveness and we know he doesn't lack athleticism.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,337

Post#18 » by drosestruts » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:51 pm

I am very opposed to using a top-10 pick on big men - therefore I am against using our pick on Wiseman, Topin, or Okongwu.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#19 » by kodo » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:15 pm

Toppin's player type is tough for the modern NBA. A one position old school PF who doesn't defend well, can't play SF due to not being a perimeter player at all and can't play the 5 due to lack of rim protection and defense. Pros are that he's very athletic, good in the low post and P&R. Will enter the league at 22. This is David Lee almost exactly, with some set shot 3's added.

Now David Lee was a 2x all-star and 1x All-NBA player, so it's hardly a bad career. Probably better than most of this draft. But it's a tough fit where most of best teams use SFs at the 4 who can handle the ball, dribble into their own shot, slash from the 3 point line to the hoop, make plays. We lack all this at the 4 because of Lauri, and having both Obi & Lauri with the same deficiencies would be far from ideal in making a modern team.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#20 » by Jvaughn » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:37 pm

dougthonus wrote:

I'm not sure how he has the same issues as Lauri? Lauri's biggest issue is probably lack of athleticism, aggressiveness, and health. Ignoring health, because who knows, I don't expect Toppin to lack aggressiveness and we know he doesn't lack athleticism.

Lauri struggles on defense and rebounding. In addition to that he has a tendency to give poor effort and disappear for long lapses of time. Yes, he has Lauri on the athletic side by leaps and bounds, but that's only going to help him if we either a) sign some pass first PG who is going to be setting the table for his every shot or b) he becomes some great 1 on 1 dynamo who we can run the offense through. The chances are that Lauri would do just as well with option A or that with a better coach we instill a system that allows Lauri to improve with option B.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.

Return to Chicago Bulls