ImageImageImage

OT - Current Affairs/COVID/Vaccines, etc

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Re: OT - Current Affairs/Events/BLM/Politics/Elections 

Post#441 » by Desertfox » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:53 am

sunsbum wrote:Told you all Covid was a big fake show from day 1. Got laughed off the board.

Tell that to the 187,000 dead and counting...
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#442 » by Wilber85 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:16 am

Desertfox wrote:
sunsbum wrote:Told you all Covid was a big fake show from day 1. Got laughed off the board.

You mean the 130k older than 65 years old. also lets include 94% of that had previous illnesses/sicknesses
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#443 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:08 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:

You mean the 130k older than 65 years old. also lets include 94% of that had previous illnesses/sicknesses

So it's ok if they are over 65? Not that I know any of your #s or percentages are correct since it's not backed up with links.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#444 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:08 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:

So people over 65 are just **** disposable in your world? I think you're probably the one with the previous illness/sickness. People 65 and older are still people. Take them out of the equation and it's still 57,000 people dying from a disease that could have been prevented from spreading.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#445 » by Crives » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:14 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:

I am waiting on my test results. Pretty sure I caught it last weekend even though I have been isolating with my family.
oddity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,080

Post#446 » by oddity » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:15 am

Wilber85 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:

Wanna break this logic down a bit.
The idea behind people that use the age of the victims as a defense like this is that they probably would have died from something else anyway.
First of all, these people are 65 not 105, and you can't play god like that, assuming how much life someone has left.
Secondly, we don't say that about any other horrific thing that happens to any other group of people. If some young person gets into a car accident and the doctor catastrophically **** up the operation that could have saved him, we take the doctor to court. It doesn't matter if the car accident would have killed him anyway. In this case age is the accident, covid is the operation, and trump's administration is the doctor that **** it up.
PS my dad is 65 and scared **** about the virus. If I knew someone were talking about him the way you talked about over 65 plus people, I would send them to the hospital.
Living off borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#447 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:15 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:Tell that to the 187,000 dead and counting...

So people over 65 are just **** disposable in your world? I think you're probably the one with the previous illness/sickness. People 65 and older are still people. Take them out of the equation and it's still 57,000 people dying from a disease that could have been prevented from spreading.

Most people these days live 20 years after that. 65 is the when you start drawing social security and can take a break from all you have contributed.
oddity
Pro Prospect

Post#448 » by oddity » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:21 am

Where is your sense of empathy Wilbur?!
oddity
Pro Prospect

Post#449 » by oddity » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:24 am

Crives wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:Tell that to the 187,000 dead and counting...

I am waiting on my test results. Pretty sure I caught it last weekend even though I have been isolating with my family.

Dude I wish you and your family good health in these scary times.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#450 » by cberry78 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:53 am

At what point does trolling result in a ban?
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#451 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Sep 1, 2020 9:02 am

cberry78 wrote:At what point does trolling result in a ban?

I don't think he's trolling. I think he legitimately has these ridiculous opinions.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#452 » by cberry78 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 9:10 am

grumpysaddle wrote:

I don't think he's trolling. I think he legitimately has these ridiculous opinions.

Yeah I know, unfortunately. He's the master of the hot take and the epitome of the reason RealGM needs a "-1" option.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#453 » by Wilber85 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:54 pm

Yall are a bunch of soft people.

Scroll down to comorbidities.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

I am saying the numbers are falsely recorded. This is the same exact thing as if I had cancer and was dying then got in a car wreck. It would be death by car wreck, not cancer.

I am not saying 65 and over don't matter. I am saying the working force is 16-65 and why are we shut down, why are schools shut down that 330 kids between 0-25 have died from it.

Quit being sheep of the media and being afraid to leave your house.
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#454 » by Wilber85 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:55 pm

oddity wrote:
Crives wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

Dude I wish you and your family good health in these scary times.

Prayers man! I got it and had a cough for 5 days. I just went to get another test so I can fly into Alaska to go Halibut fishing, and talked to my Doctor. He stated that its rare to get it again, but it has happened with a few cases.

Mentioned he had it in January and has seen over 3000 patients and hasn't got it again.
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#455 » by Wilber85 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:56 pm

cberry78 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:

Yeah I know, unfortunately. He's the master of the hot take and the epitome of the reason RealGM needs a "-1" option.

Give me a -1 for being honest about statistics and facts.

I even had COVID-19.

To be honest, I am blessed because my business has went from $15 bill market cap to $26 bill because of COVID. We are flourishing, I also bought into about 5 stocks in March and they have doubled. I am upset for the Small Businesses, the Students, the kids, etc.
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#456 » by Wilber85 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 3:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

Most people these days live 20 years after that. 65 is the when you start drawing social security and can take a break from all you have contributed.

If you read the whole post. 94% of those that passed away had multiple illnesses/sicknesses. Prayers to them and their families for sure. I am not cold hearted. I am just saying this was politically driven, money-driven, etc.

Hospitals got an extra $25-50k per ventilator patient, more $ for Covid deaths , etc.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#457 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:39 pm

Wilber85 wrote:Yall are a bunch of soft people.

I am saying the numbers are falsely recorded. This is the same exact thing as if I had cancer and was dying then got in a car wreck. It would be death by car wreck, not cancer.

I am not saying 65 and over don't matter. I am saying the working force is 16-65 and why are we shut down, why are schools shut down that 330 kids between 0-25 have died from it.

So you're saying your pre-existing condition (cancer) didn't cause your death, the new one (car accident) did?

Kind of like people who had a pre-existing condition and then contracted Covid?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#458 » by Wilber85 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:58 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:

So you're saying your pre-existing condition (cancer) didn't cause your death, the new one (car accident) did?

It was actually a bad metaphor lol. I am meaning if you had a heart attack you died from a heart attack not covid. but hospitals were writing up everything as Covid.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#459 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:36 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:So people over 65 are just **** disposable in your world? I think you're probably the one with the previous illness/sickness. People 65 and older are still people. Take them out of the equation and it's still 57,000 people dying from a disease that could have been prevented from spreading.

If you read the whole post. 94% of those that passed away had multiple illnesses/sicknesses. Prayers to them and their families for sure. I am not cold hearted. I am just saying this was politically driven, money-driven, etc.

Hospitals got an extra $25-50k per ventilator patient, more $ for Covid deaths , etc.

I seriously doubt that last part which sounds like a wild conspiracy theory. And hospitals had to delay elective surgery which really killed their finances.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#460 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:46 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

It was actually a bad metaphor lol. I am meaning if you had a heart attack you died from a heart attack not covid. but hospitals were writing up everything as Covid.

I think you just misunderstand how they report deaths generally. Reports usually have a string of contributing factors noted (comorbidities). This allows you to see the whole picture when it comes to the impact a disease has mortality. Say, if pneumonia had a 12% death rate (this is not a valid stat, only a randomly picked number for this example) with no other contributing factors, and then Covid plus pneumonia increases the death rate to 24% (again, just a made up number for this example), Covid would double the mortality rate of pneumonia patients. It could also have no effect on the percentage of pneumonia related deaths. Diseases are complex and can attack different or the same parts of the body leading to more damage than either on could by itself. It is important to report all deaths related to Covid, because there are lots of people with pre-existing conditions that could be more prone to dying even if by itself it is "survivable". You need lots of data to parse out how deadly a disease it. They aren't reporting it wrongly, they are reporting thoroughly, which is why you can also see the comorbidities.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft

Return to Phoenix Suns