ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucks in a hole already?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Kelphus
Senior
And1: 528

Bucks in a hole already? 

Post#1 » by Kelphus » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:14 am

Game 1, 90 seconds left, down by 8 to the Heat.

Vaunted Bucks offense so far only 101 points.

Jimmy Butler with 36... looking like a monster..... Sorry Philly, maybe this one got away
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Re: Bucks in a hole already? 

Post#2 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:34 am

incredible how much self-destruction philadelphia inflicted upon itself since letting go of hinkie
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#3 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:41 am

Kelphus wrote:Game 1, 90 seconds left, down by 8 to the Heat.

Jimmy Butler with 36... looking like a monster..... Sorry Philly, maybe this one got away

And kept Tobias... :roll:

We all loved Tobias here but knew he was soft. And as they say, GMs hire themselves and that's just what Elton Brand did--the softest 20-10 in the NBA. With Simmons still with no outside shot and Embiid perpetually underconditioned, Philly fans can't stand this team.

Bucks were up by 11 and lost by 11. Looks the Bucks need to fire Budenholzer now before it's too late. No excuses.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#4 » by Max Headrom » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:12 am

Bud gonna get exposed again??
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#5 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:07 am

1 game is hard to judge- Orlando beat the Bucks after all in game 1. If they lose game 2, they might be in trouble
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#6 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:08 am

nickhx2 wrote:incredible how much self-destruction philadelphia inflicted upon itself since letting go of hinkie

They did miss Simmons in the playoffs. I know he can't shoot, but he always gives the Clippers a lot of trouble,

The Sixers also should have kept JJ for the spacing
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#7 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:31 am

absolutely they did. but that gets mitigated greatly if they don't misstep at every single turn over the past few years.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#8 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:45 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:incredible how much self-destruction philadelphia inflicted upon itself since letting go of hinkie

They did miss Simmons in the playoffs. I know he can't shoot, but he always gives the Clippers a lot of trouble,

Simmons is like PG was--great playmaker not a leader. Fabulous player, HOF talent. In fact Embiid and Blake are rather birds of a feather too--great physical talent, All-Star numbers, frequently banged up, brain of a flea and the heart of one too.

Enjoyed the OKC Clippers taking the Rockets to Game 7 and CP3 getting some payback on The Beard abandoning him like a stray dog. Before we lucked into Kawhi, building with character guys like SGA and Gallo was the right plan. I'm sure CP trusts his current crew more than Lob City.

That said, I think the Rockets will give the Lakers more hell so I gotta hope they win Game 7. The Okies will just be "glad to be there" in Round 2 and will even accept getting swept. We want the fLakers to go 7 and The Beard and Westbrook have a LOT to prove.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#9 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:05 am

Bucks aren't a championship team. Their best player can't score outside of 10 ft.

Giannis is a 7 ft version of Westbrook on offense.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,157

Post#10 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 1, 2020 2:53 pm

Max Headrom wrote:Bud gonna get exposed again??

One thing's for sure, Bud wouldn't spend an entire series playing Trez against Boban with no adjustments.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#11 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:16 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:Bucks aren't a championship team. Their best player can't score outside of 10 ft.

i saw him complaining last night about not getting more shots. i think you gotta be some version of kawhi/harden/durant etc. to be asking for that.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#12 » by clipperlover » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:48 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Bucks aren't a championship team. Their best player can't score outside of 10 ft.

i saw him complaining last night about not getting more shots. i think you gotta be some version of kawhi/harden/durant etc. to be asking for that.

The guy is the reigning DPOY and sitting NBA MVP. I think he can demand whatever he wants.

I think Bud is a terrible coach for Giannis the same way Gentry was a terrible coach for AD.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#13 » by clipperlover » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:54 pm

Kelphus wrote:Game 1, 90 seconds left, down by 8 to the Heat.

My respect for Jimmy Butler as a competitor just grows. The guy could have taken the easy route and joined forces with Kawhi here with the Clips, but he wanted to be Batman and not Robin. He was right all along about how soft his Minnesota teammates were and he saw the problems in Philly first hand. Even if the Heat never make the Finals while he is there, he wanted the challenge to do it as the alpha dog.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,027

Post#14 » by og15 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 5:27 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

Simmons is like PG was--great playmaker not a leader. Fabulous player, HOF talent. In fact Embiid and Blake are rather birds of a feather too--great physical talent, All-Star numbers, frequently banged up, brain of a flea and the heart of one too.

Enjoyed the OKC Clippers taking the Rockets to Game 7 and CP3 getting some payback on The Beard abandoning him like a stray dog. Before we lucked into Kawhi, building with character guys like SGA and Gallo was the right plan. I'm sure CP trusts his current crew more than Lob City.

That said, I think the Rockets will give the Lakers more hell so I gotta hope they win Game 7. The Okies will just be "glad to be there" in Round 2 and will even accept getting swept. We want the fLakers to go 7 and The Beard and Westbrook have a LOT to prove.

OKC has no chance vs LAL, but that doesn't seem like the type of team the would accept anything. If we have to think of a recent team, maybe something like the Conley/ZBo/Gasol Grizzlies in terms of grinding.

For the Bucks, it's one game. Call me if they are down 2-0, then I might have some worry. Even then, 2-0 can easily become 2-2.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#15 » by clipperlover » Tue Sep 1, 2020 6:09 pm

og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:They did miss Simmons in the playoffs. I know he can't shoot, but he always gives the Clippers a lot of trouble,

OKC has no chance vs LAL, but that doesn't seem like the type of team the would accept anything. If we have to think of a recent team, maybe something like the Conley/ZBo/Gasol Grizzlies in terms of grinding.

For the Bucks, it's one game. Call me if they are down 2-0, then I might have some worry. Even then, 2-0 can easily become 2-2.

Not surprised by OKC. 4 of their 5 starters started on playoff teams last year. 5 of their top 7 players started in the playoffs last season (Schroeder didn't start but played significant minutes). 3 of their top 6 players have played in a Conference Finals. While this group hadn't played together before, they certainly weren't inexperienced.

None of that matters in round 2 though. They will get crushed. I expect Chris Paul to get injured in Game 7 or collapse in some other way. Gallo will shrink defensively and SGA's inexperience will show. Now that both teams are facing elimination, I will give Houston the edge here.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#16 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 1, 2020 7:47 pm

:o

Read on Twitter
?
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#17 » by Max Headrom » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:05 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:Bud gonna get exposed again??

One thing's for sure, Bud wouldn't spend an entire series playing Trez against Boban with no adjustments.

As the series went on, Trezz minutes dropped and Zu's went up, nice try though...lol

And go ahead and check the Bucks board, Bud doesn't make adjustments. He didn't last year in the playoffs when Giannis got walled off and he didn't have Giannis check Butler even though he was torching everyone else. If Doc did that, you'd be calling for his head after game 1 :lol:
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,826

Post#18 » by SK21209 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:43 pm

Butler isn't going to hit all those midrange jumpers again but Bud is incredibly slow to make any adjustments. He has the DPOY doing nothing on the other side of the court and Wes Matthews, who actually bothered Butler a bit, on the bench while Butler closed out that game.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#19 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:44 pm

:o :o

Read on Twitter
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#20 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 1, 2020 8:45 pm

speculating on what another coach would do with the team is pointless since it's speculation.

one thing that is important to note is that pretty much every fanbase has gripes with the HC's decisions. no coach is perfect.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers