Post#22 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:59 am

Mitchell is doing his part
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,270

Re: Round 1, Game 7: Utah Jazz @ Denver Nuggets 

Post#23 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:01 am

My god David Locke please stop with this mountain climbing metaphor

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#24 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:06 am

What the heck is Gobert doing?
icoholic
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:20 am

It's going to be a fun 4th quarter. Someone other than Mitch obviously has to hit shots.
icoholic
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:27 am

This score... it's like the 2000 Knicks/Heat series
icoholic
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:33 am

Here we goooooooooo
icoholic
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:49 am

How did the refs miss that?
icoholic
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by icoholic » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:55 am

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#30 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:56 am

Heartbreaker. I am done seeing this version of the Jazz forever.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#31 » by SD2042 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:00 am

That is a heartbreaker for you Jazz fans. Mike who has been known for knocking down clutch shots, miss a key one at the end. He also didn't see D-Mitch wide open at the end. It was a battle tested match between these two teams. Denver managed to escape the series with the win to end the series.
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#32 » by syntax » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:04 am

The Jazz drawing up a play for Mitchell to drive from the backcourt into 4 Nuggets players was a bit of a headscratcher.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,736

Post#33 » by AingesBurner » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:04 am

Time to see what you can get for that scrub Joe Ingles, Choking Joe.
Ingles is cooked.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#34 » by sipclip » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:12 am

In all honesty this is the best result long term for the jazz. If we had moved to the 2nd round and been somewhat competitive I think the jazz management has an excuse to keep this team together and try it again. Now after blowing a 3-1 lead there is no way this team is brought back. Hopefully Conley has built enough trade value to bring something half decent back and we definitely need to shop Joe as well. Then of course we need to make a decision on Rudy. I'm 100% in the trade Rudy camp if we can get a decent return for him. I have zero interest in giving him a supermax contract.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#35 » by Catchall » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:33 am

Tough loss. This is the type of game where Conley is supposed to show up. Mitchell was drawing the entire defensive focus of the Nuggets.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#36 » by Hoops Addict » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:34 am

Conley sucks......he shot terribly...2/13. The team fought hard. Joker was in the lane for 5 seconds before scoring and getting the lead with 30 seconds left. Seasons over.....see you guys next year.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#37 » by KqWIN » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:47 am

sipclip wrote:In all honesty this is the best result long term for the jazz. If we had moved to the 2nd round and been somewhat competitive I think the jazz management has an excuse to keep this team together and try it again. Now after blowing a 3-1 lead there is no way this team is brought back. Hopefully Conley has built enough trade value to bring something half decent back and we definitely need to shop Joe as well. Then of course we need to make a decision on Rudy. I'm 100% in the trade Rudy camp if we can get a decent return for him. I have zero interest in giving him a supermax contract.

There’s no chance we get a decent haul for Rudy. If we move on from Rudy, we just become a worse team until Mitchell leaves. This is an aging team. The FO really bombed with the Conley thing and blew their wad. Conley basically only has value as an expiring contract at this point.

I still think this team had enough talent, more talent than we’ll likely have in a very long time, but we’re just not good enough structurally. I don’t think teams like Toronto or Miami are that much more talented if at all...but they just have better infrastructure all around.

There are a lot of question marks about the leaders in this organization. Quin, DL, Mitchell, Gobert...all of them just not quite good enough. But that doesn’t mean trading them/replacing them is actually going to make things better. We’re just in a very bad spot. Most of the potential for upward mobility is gone with Conley.
TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Post#38 » by TO11 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:14 am

I don’t believe Mitchell and Gobert are 100% cool with each other. One of the biggest things I think I have learned is that as good as Rudy is, he gets marginalized in the playoffs. He played better that 2nd half of game 7 but overall I was disappointed. I was probably most disappointed in Ingles. He didn’t shoot the ball very well and just really seemed to lack energy. He wasn’t sneaky Joe Ingles. He was just the Joe ingles you would expect. I was fine with Royce O’Neal, I thought he played hard on D and was given the toughest assignments a lot of times, he obviously struggled shooting as well. Clarkson I think gave what you’d hope he could give, more at the beginning of the series than the end but overall I was happy with him. As far as Conley goes I will admit that I was more optimistic than I should’ve been. It’s pretty painful to think of the assists we gave up for him. Sometimes no moves is better than some moves, but I don’t think most fans would agree with that lol. I don’t know that I thought he would be all-star level, but I really expected a lot more than what we saw this season...I can’t even begin to think where the Jazz go from here.

Anyways as always I appreciated everyone’s comments this season! It was one for the books and definitely a unique season!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#39 » by stitches » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:34 am

sipclip wrote:In all honesty this is the best result long term for the jazz. If we had moved to the 2nd round and been somewhat competitive I think the jazz management has an excuse to keep this team together and try it again. Now after blowing a 3-1 lead there is no way this team is brought back. Hopefully Conley has built enough trade value to bring something half decent back and we definitely need to shop Joe as well. Then of course we need to make a decision on Rudy. I'm 100% in the trade Rudy camp if we can get a decent return for him. I have zero interest in giving him a supermax contract.

I'm not so sure that even if we want to do it, it's the better course of action. I don't think Conley has any value and I'm not sure another team will value Gobert as much as we value him and I don't want to give him up for scraps. If we don't want to give him max, what team will want to both give up premier assets for him AND then give him max?

Bogdanovic is getting older, Conley is old, Ingles is getting old, we have no pick in next year's draft(not a good one anyways). Does this team really have much of a choice really besides running it back and trying to catch lightening in a bottle with better injury luck? Like.... What's the alternative? Trade Conley for Horford? Trade Rudy for a first or two? Prepare for Mitchell to request a trade? He's not wasting his prime in a rebuild IMO.

IMO we run it back, we let Conley leave in 2021... Max Mitchell (5years), either get huge discount on a Rudy extension or let him play out the contract and see how it goes... If bad comes to worse, level the ground for the 2022 draft....
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Post#40 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:47 am

While so many things could have flipped this game, the reality is that from the players to the coaches they didn't deserve to win it, and giving up 3 games in a row is just terrible. It did make for an entertaining series, though.

I cant believe after so many years in the league, Rudy has zero offense other than dunks and put backs. Like, he cant even back down a guard and score over him. Has tremendous defense, but struggles when forced out of paint in a series. We would completely suck without him, but are handcuffed if he gets a supermax. Mixed feelings on this one.

Joe just vanishes too often when it matters.

Conley decided to be 2020 Conley instead of playoff bubble Conley when it mattered most.

Disappointing, but not overly surprising.

Return to Utah Jazz