ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread 2

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1801 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:00 am

How do y'all feel about Caris LeVert? Seems Joe Harris might become tax prohibitive for the Nets so they need to move Prince or LeVert. They'd have to attach an asset to Prince. But we're one of the few teams who could absorb LeVert the way the Suns did with TJ Warren.
It has been written...
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1802 » by BigSlam » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:06 am

MasterIchiro wrote:How do y'all feel about Caris LeVert? Seems Joe Harris might become tax prohibitive for the Nets so they need to move Prince or LeVert. They'd have to attach an asset to Prince. But we're one of the few teams who could absorb LeVert the way the Suns did with TJ Warren.

Sam Vecenie mentioned LeVert extensively on the podcast last week as a possible trade target.

I think he has the potential to be an awesome starting SG for us bringing to the table a lot of the things we need in a SG (good size, shooting, creates his own shot, creates for others, good 2nd ball handler).

I’d be down....depending on what he would cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#1803 » by JMAC3 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:09 am

LeVert is on a pretty manageable contract and is better than Harris and Prince. Not sure it makes sense to trade him unless they want more of a shooter archetype around Kyrie and Durant.

I would be interested but I doubt we have the assets/players they would be wanting. I’m not breaking the bank on him either considering he isn’t on a rookie deal and had some injury concerns throughout college and nba.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#1804 » by BigSlam » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:31 am

Just turned 26 last week, so he fits our ideal demographic.

The fact he’s only played over 70 games 1 time in an NBA season, and other than that has only averaged about 45 games a season is certainly cause for pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,147

Post#1805 » by Braggins » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:15 am

Decent box score stats, but only played 85 games the last two seasons combined (40/45), is a career 34% shooter from 3 (36% last season), and has mediocre advanced stats (38th at SG in RPM and slightly negative BPM). He has some talent, though, and is a pretty good fit on the roster, so Id definitely take him if it was a giveaway for tax space. Not sure if I'd want to give up anything valuable for him, but I do want to use our cap space in a trade and he is intriguing and worth looking into imo.
Braggins
RealGM

Post#1806 » by Braggins » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:00 pm

I wonder if cap space over the next two seasons will be at such a premium that we might be able to get a little extra value for taking on LeVert. Hes a solid player and one who might have some untapped potential if he ever manages to get a consistent run of good health, but he hasn't really done anything special yet and he very possibly doesn't really have much trade value.

Zeller is a solid backup center option for a team thats trying to win now and hes on a decently big contract that expires after next season.

Zeller + 32 (maybe) for LeVert + 19
Batum for Horford + 21 + something

Graham/Rozier
LeVert/Monk/Bacon
Bridges/Martin
PJ/
Horford/
+3
+19
+21
+32 (maybe)

Maybe the LeVert trade is wishful thinking and maybe the Horford contract is so bad we shouldn't even bother with something like that. Knowing our luck they'll give teams an amnesty after this season and everyone else will get bailed out for their terrible contracts just as ours were about to come off the books and become valuable.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1807 » by HornetJail » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:25 pm

after his bubble performance, I don't see any way the Nets move him for neutral/negative value.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Braggins
RealGM

Post#1808 » by Braggins » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:50 pm

I didn't watch any of the Nets bubble games. Wasn't aware he did well. 24/5/6 on 45/38/74 shooting splits in his last 10. Pretty good, but still a small sample.
skulky
Junior
And1: 94

Post#1809 » by skulky » Sat Sep 5, 2020 2:43 am

Heard on the Danny leroux pod with Sam Vecenie discuss philly trading horford/Thybulle/21 for nic batum/Devonte Graham. Philly also has a few other sweeteners like 4 seconds this year including 34/36, zhaire smith, and shake Milton, but not sure they’d do both Thybulle and Milton, or perhaps no Thybulle but shake/horford 21 and a lottery protected future first.

I come in peace not trying to antagonize just curious Charlotte fans thoughts. I know graham is on last year of rookie deal, is he not part of long term plans or perhaps too expensive? So horford has that extra year than batum and then final year is a lot less and a bunch of incentives that will be near impossible. And also any thoughts of graham on the sixers with Ben and Joel? How is his defense?
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#1810 » by -Ian- » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:54 am

skulky wrote:Heard on the Danny leroux pod with Sam Vecenie discuss philly trading horford/Thybulle/21 for nic batum/Devonte Graham. Philly also has a few other sweeteners like 4 seconds this year including 34/36, zhaire smith, and shake Milton, but not sure they’d do both Thybulle and Milton, or perhaps no Thybulle but shake/horford 21 and a lottery protected future first.

I come in peace not trying to antagonize just curious Charlotte fans thoughts. I know graham is on last year of rookie deal, is he not part of long term plans or perhaps too expensive? So horford has that extra year than batum and then final year is a lot less and a bunch of incentives that will be near impossible. And also any thoughts of graham on the sixers with Ben and Joel? How is his defense?

As a Hornets fan, this is a big no. If that's Rozier instead of Graham then it's all right.

Graham would be a nice addition for Philly. Simmons can focus on playing point-forward while Devonte' can take up the scoring cudgels.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1811 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:58 am

-Ian- wrote:
skulky wrote:Heard on the Danny leroux pod with Sam Vecenie discuss philly trading horford/Thybulle/21 for nic batum/Devonte Graham. Philly also has a few other sweeteners like 4 seconds this year including 34/36, zhaire smith, and shake Milton, but not sure they’d do both Thybulle and Milton, or perhaps no Thybulle but shake/horford 21 and a lottery protected future first.

As a Hornets fan, this is a big no. If that's Rozier instead of Graham then it's all right.

Graham would be a nice addition for Philly. Simmons can focus on playing point-forward while Devonte' can take up the scoring cudgels.

For the Hornets it wouldn't make much sense to trade a high pick plus their best young prospect plus cap relief for an aging center and a lower pick.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#1812 » by LofJ » Sat Sep 5, 2020 12:16 pm

The Giannis situation just got interesting. If we're going to help teams gain 2021 cap space the Hornets need to be fairly compensated.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Hayward for Batum 

Post#1813 » by patman66 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 10:40 pm

straight up.

just in case the celts want ot get under the tax line. hayward 34 mill batum 27.
Braggins
RealGM

Re: Hayward for Batum 

Post#1814 » by Braggins » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:16 am

Id do it, but Batum is real bad. Hes such a big downgrade over Hayward and Boston is going to be trying to win it all next year, so I think theyd be better off just paying the tax or looking for a different deal.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#1815 » by patman66 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:17 am

Braggins wrote:Id do it, but Batum is real bad. Hes such a big downgrade over Hayward and Boston is going to be trying to win it all next year, so I think theyd be better off just paying the tax or looking for a different deal.

yeah, I don't think it will ever come to pass. They will pay the tax I am just wondering what for any reason would a hornets fan pass..
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#1816 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Sep 6, 2020 12:05 pm

patman66 wrote:straight up.

just in case the celts want ot get under the tax line. hayward 34 mill batum 27.

I wouldn't do it if I was the Hornets. The Hornets can help other teams get cap space, but the goal would be to get picks or a young player to evaluate as a part of that. I would have loved to have Hayward on the team a few years ago, and I hope he recovers fully, but he's not the right fit for the team today.
My picks:
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#1817 » by patman66 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:56 pm

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:
patman66 wrote:straight up.

I wouldn't do it if I was the Hornets. The Hornets can help other teams get cap space, but the goal would be to get picks or a young player to evaluate as a part of that. I would have loved to have Hayward on the team a few years ago, and I hope he recovers fully, but he's not the right fit for the team today.

Thanks, my thought was that it was a bone thrown to the fans and the players, who would be much happier sharing the court with hayward than Batum.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#1818 » by HornetJail » Sun Sep 6, 2020 4:50 pm

have to take that if it's offered. Hayward would be a much bigger asset during the season than Batum. There's no way Boston offers it though. Much more likely they offer Kanter+Poirier+other trash expirings with one of their late 1sts to get under the tax.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#1819 » by yosemiteben » Sun Sep 6, 2020 5:54 pm

I don't want Hayward, we need to tank again next year. If we're moving anyone, I'd move Rozier for whatever pick we can get.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach

Post#1820 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Sun Sep 6, 2020 7:33 pm

yosemiteben wrote:I don't want Hayward, we need to tank again next year. If we're moving anyone, I'd move Rozier for whatever pick we can get.

I thought that you hated tanking?

Anyway, I'm fine with trading Terry. There are teams that might be able to use him. I still think that he's be a fine fit in NY. If the Pells are serious about trading Jrue, then I could see the Hornets as a 3rd team with Terry ending up there. I think that Terry could play in Minnesota, but they would have a heck of a time trading for his contract. Even Philadelphia could be a good landing spot for him with Simmons moving to PF.

I think that some of those teams might try to trade for Chris Paul first, but Terry is likely an easier get.
My picks:

Return to Charlotte Hornets