Wolves Expected To Pursue Trade Options With No. 1 Pick

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Wolves Expected To Pursue Trade Options With No. 1 Pick 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Sep 1, 2020 7:45 pm

The Minnesota Timberwolves are expected to listen to offers for the first overall pick, sources tell Sam Vecenie of The Athletic.

Without a clear consensus top pick in this draft, the first selection could be worth more to another team than it it is to Gersson Rosas. 

"The consensus around the league is that this will simply be a value play for Rosas, not necessarily one based upon a specific timeline they want to adhere to," writes Vecenie. "Remember: Rosas and executive vice president Sachin Gupta come from the Houston school of thought under Daryl Morey, where they think of most assets in regard to trade value. If they decide an offer is good enough, the thought is he’ll take whatever he thinks is the most valuable for the organization long-term, versus the one that will help them win this year. Maybe it’s player capital, maybe it’s additional draft capital in a trade down."

Via Sam Vecenie/The Athletic

Young_Fashioned
Sophomore
And1: 164

Re: Wolves Expected To Pursue Trade Options With No. 1 Pick 

Post#2 » by Young_Fashioned » Tue Sep 1, 2020 10:13 pm

Bradley Beal maybe?
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Post#3 » by Def Leppard » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:30 am

Do the wolves like siakam? Ha! Kidding. Just a rough few games. But I wonder for fun what minni folks think

Sent from my BBE100-5 using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#4 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:38 am

Do not want.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#5 » by the13thjoker » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:21 am

*Knicks have entered the chat*
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#6 » by nedleeds » Wed Sep 2, 2020 12:58 pm

Don't want. There is no clear Luka, Ja or Zion this year.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#7 » by Furinkazan » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:25 pm

This draft is a flop waiting to happen.
Wolf of Ball St
Junior
And1: 519

Post#8 » by Wolf of Ball St » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:43 pm

Def Leppard wrote:Do the wolves like siakam? Ha! Kidding. Just a rough few games. But I wonder for fun what minni folks think

Sent from my BBE100-5 using RealGM mobile app

I'll take Spicy P over anyone at the top of this draft.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#9 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:11 pm

Just our luck. Finally we move up and get the #1 pick, and there is no clear #1

Doesn't make sense to move back unless we get multiple picks, even then, there wouldn't be someone who could help right away. We should keep the pick and add Wiseman. Melo comes with too much drama IMO. Also, without march madness there is so little to go on.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#10 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:50 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Just our luck. Finally we move up and get the #1 pick, and there is no clear #1

Doesn't make sense to move back unless we get multiple picks, even then, there wouldn't be someone who could help right away. We should keep the pick and add Wiseman. Melo comes with too much drama IMO. Also, without march madness there is so little to go on.

Lol "finally"
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 6:30 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Just our luck. Finally we move up and get the #1 pick, and there is no clear #1

Lol "finally"
Not sure if you are laughing with me or at me.
NUMBERICA
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#12 » by NUMBERICA » Wed Sep 2, 2020 7:39 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Lol "finally"

I'm gonna take some license here and say you're being laughed at. You have had more than your share of bad "luck" in how your franchise has been run, but draft placement is not one of them.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 2:33 pm

NUMBERICA wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
Lol "finally"

I'm gonna take some license here and say you're being laughed at. You have had more than your share of bad "luck" in how your franchise has been run, but draft placement is not one of them.

I figured that. But lottery placement has always been an issue. For example, we get the third pick in a 2 player draft.
We lucked out trading Mayo for Love, and after 6 winless seasons we thought we swindle the Cavs for 2 first round pick in Wiggins and Bennett, and the most know how that turned out. Taylor has hired some sorry ass GM's in the past, but ol Glen may have gotten it right this time. Rossa traded Wiggins for a pretty good PG, and EVERY Wolves fan thought that was impossible. Now Taylor is going to sell the team, and new ownership may.....may have us going in the right direction.

Return to Wiretap Discussion