ImageImageImage

Let's talk Robert Williams

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Re: Let's talk Robert Williams 

Post#481 » by sam_I_am » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:19 am

Have to say I was spot on with Marcus. Early on it looked like he was going to have a solid average game. There was that sneaky flop that fooled the refs but not replay and cost us 5 pts. But then when it mattered.....god damn..... 5-5 from 3 and the next one that he missed was a great shot attempt.

That said.....this is a Time Lord thread and he was phenomenal. That dunk where he landed on tail bone.....WOW!
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,523

Post#482 » by snowman » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:21 am

Timelord has a good chance to start in place of Theis next season.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,513

Post#483 » by playa-hater » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:26 am

snowman wrote:Timelord has a good chance to start in place of Theis next season.

I don't expect it to happen, but in certain matchups TimeLord should star some games THIS SEASON!!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,923

Post#484 » by Parliament10 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:35 am

playa-hater wrote:
snowman wrote:Timelord has a good chance to start in place of Theis next season.

I don't expect it to happen, but in certain matchups TimeLord should star some games THIS SEASON!!

I mentioned this in another Thread.
I can see a time when Theis and R.Williiams share the Start, depending upon Matchup.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Let's talk Robert Williams 

Post#485 » by jfs1000d » Wed Sep 2, 2020 2:43 am

Time Lord has talent. He has to learn better about positioning, but I think he has come a long way. Athleticism is scary, and he is a really skilled passer.

Good pick by Ainge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,996

Post#486 » by 31to6 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:17 am

Fingers crossed he stays healthy. We haven’t had a player who can do what he does since 1969..
(Or 1989 Parish/2009 KG)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,251

Post#487 » by TheMartian » Wed Sep 2, 2020 5:04 am

Is he okay? He might have a bruised tail bone from that fall. That could really affect mobility. I had a similar fall in the past and it hurt like hell for days.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#488 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:02 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

I can see a time when Theis and R.Williiams share the Start, depending upon Matchup.

Can only see for very limited minutes. And if those two are out there I think it absolutely has to be Kemba/Brown/Tatum as the other 3 for as much spacing as is possible. Can’t put Semi or Wanamaker, even Smart out there with this guys IMO. Spacing would be toooooough.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach

Post#489 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:03 pm

jfs1000d wrote:Time Lord has talent. He has to learn better about positioning, but I think he has come a long way. Athleticism is scary, and he is a really skilled passer.

Good pick by Ainge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he might be almost too much of a passer. Sometimes he gets a little cute with it. But once he smooths out the edges he can be a real asset with passing.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,923

Post#490 » by Parliament10 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:15 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Can only see for very limited minutes. And if those two are out there I think it absolutely has to be Kemba/Brown/Tatum as the other 3 for as much spacing as is possible. Can’t put Semi or Wanamaker, even Smart out there with this guys IMO. Spacing would be toooooough.

Not at the same time.
One Starts, or the other Starts, depending upon Matchup.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
hugepatsfan
Head Coach

Post#491 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:18 pm

Not really relevant to the rest of these playoffs I don’t think, but we all talk about Timelord as the guy to match up with the Embiids of the world... is he? He seems more rangy and weak side shot blocker and true post D. Just something to think of. I think he’s ready to be the backup to Theis or even start some, but we could still use a 3rd guy who’s more of an anchor down on the post IMO.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,377

Post#492 » by Homerclease » Wed Sep 2, 2020 1:23 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:Not really relevant to the rest of these playoffs I don’t think, but we all talk about Timelord as the guy to match up with the Embiids of the world... is he? He seems more rangy and weak side shot blocker and true post D. Just something to think of. I think he’s ready to be the backup to Theis or even start some, but we could still use a 3rd guy who’s more of an anchor down on the post IMO.

Held his own against AD as a rookie. Teams rarely even challenge him 1v1 in the post. Positional and pick and roll defense is where he’s way behind as he’s been able to out athlete Everyone until he got to the NBA
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#493 » by djFan71 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:23 pm

Homerclease wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:Not really relevant to the rest of these playoffs I don’t think, but we all talk about Timelord as the guy to match up with the Embiids of the world... is he? He seems more rangy and weak side shot blocker and true post D. Just something to think of. I think he’s ready to be the backup to Theis or even start some, but we could still use a 3rd guy who’s more of an anchor down on the post IMO.

Held his own against AD as a rookie. Teams rarely even challenge him 1v1 in the post. Positional and pick and roll defense is where he’s way behind as he’s been able to out athlete Everyone until he got to the NBA

AD doesn't really play like Embiid though. I agree having a beefier center (Kanter or other) on the bench could be useful for certain matchups. Rob is going to be too light in the pants for pure bully ball centers and could get into fall trouble, etc. Not a huge concern, but a good use of your deep bench to have someone with some bulk.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#494 » by CeltsfaninDC » Wed Sep 2, 2020 4:52 pm

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
When he has the ball at the top of the key he looks petrified. He made one good pass and few bad ones last night. He can't start and play big minutes when you can't run the offense. Until he fixes that and a few other issues he get 15-19 min/night against this team and fewer when the matchups aren't as good.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,513

Post#495 » by playa-hater » Wed Sep 2, 2020 6:25 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
When he has the ball at the top of the key he looks petrified. He made one good pass and few bad ones last night. He can't start and play big minutes when you can't run the offense. Until he fixes that and a few other issues he get 15-19 min/night against this team and fewer when the matchups aren't as good.

well then we need more players that look petrified and still make 100 pct.. of their shots.. besides the only way to Fix Timelords' weakness is to actually give him a bigger role.. Confidence grows when playing!!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#496 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Sep 2, 2020 7:08 pm

Deffo one of the most absurd plays I've seen a Celtics player make ever.
Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#497 » by CeltsfaninDC » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:48 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Deffo one of the most absurd plays I've seen a Celtics player make ever.
Read on Twitter

I feel like we never get guys who make plays like that
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#498 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:51 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:Deffo one of the most absurd plays I've seen a Celtics player make ever.
Read on Twitter

I feel like we never get guys who make plays like that

Jordan Mickey and Chris Wilcox don't count? :D

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,996

Post#499 » by 31to6 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 10:44 pm

Read on Twitter

and his next steps were **backwards** so he could take off from half court

I'm still waiting for the injury update saying that he broke himself on that play... availability is his best super ability!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#500 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Sep 3, 2020 12:14 am

"Young player" stuff in those highlights includes:

-- It always looks like he needs a moment to gather himself after a play to figure out what's happening next.
-- On the screen before that now-famous follow dunk he almost threw a 1960s-style folded-arms football block.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics