Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,922

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1081 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:15 am

RiotPunch wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I'm having the best freaking time replaying Skyrim again with all the mods and some cheats. I gave myself some Daedric gear from the outset so my ADD ass wouldn't spend 40 hours doing nothing but hunting crafting materials and working on my Crafting stat. In my previous playthroughs combined I bet I spent 200 hours on just that bullsh*t.

So yea, without that I've just been dicking around and taking quests I'd never done before, finding all the dragon lairs I can, learning all the shouts I probably won't ever use. I'd never played the Dragonborn add-on before and that was WILD.

There's zero challenge because of the gear and I'll probably drop down to some crappy equipment soon, but for right now I'm having a blast.

What combination of mods do you use?

I'm hopefully getting an Oculus soon, definitely going to be replaying Skyrim in VR. 8-)

That sounds dope.

I'm using Falskaar, Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patches, Skyland 1K, Cheat Room, Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim, Ring of Increased Carry Weight, Rich Merchants of Skyrim, The Forgotten City, Alternate Start, and Graphics Pack.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#1082 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 am

Once I crafted god-tier gear in Skyrim, I would bet that I stopped playing within 10 hours. Granted this was after grind and like 150 hours, not modded, but your character becomes essentially invincible and it lost the magic for me.

Would be fun to revisit though. I think I last did maybe 2 years ago when I built my PC.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1083 » by WRau1 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Wasteland is super fun, just killed 3 hours and time went by in a flash.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1084 » by WRau1 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:32 am

Playing Wasteland on PS4, should've got it for PC. Feel like mouse and keyboard would be better. Also a few bugs with the game locking when you go to merchants. Overall though, I'm having a great time. I like how they make you think about every decision, I spend more time debating to arrest, kill or let walk someone more than I probably should.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#1085 » by truly » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:57 am

WRau1 wrote:Playing Wasteland on PS4, should've got it for PC. Feel like mouse and keyboard would be better. Also a few bugs with the game locking when you go to merchants. Overall though, I'm having a great time. I like how they make you think about every decision, I spend more time debating to arrest, kill or let walk someone more than I probably should.

I will wait for a week or so for a few patches to come out before starting.Just want to make sure there is no gamebreaking bug.Wasteland 2 also had similar problems but it got patched and the final version (directors cut) was amazing.

I also couldn't help myself and watched a playthrough of the intro.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1086 » by WRau1 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:06 pm

truly wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Playing Wasteland on PS4, should've got it for PC. Feel like mouse and keyboard would be better. Also a few bugs with the game locking when you go to merchants. Overall though, I'm having a great time. I like how they make you think about every decision, I spend more time debating to arrest, kill or let walk someone more than I probably should.

I will wait for a week or so for a few patches to come out before starting.Just want to make sure there is no gamebreaking bug.Wasteland 2 also had similar problems but it got patched and the final version (directors cut) was amazing.

I also couldn't help myself and watched a playthrough of the intro.

There's a 12gb update this morning so that's good news.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1087 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Surprise there hasn't been talk of Crusader Kings III around here. I spent an afternoon going over tutorials for CKII earlier this year and the number of systems going on quickly overwhelmed me.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1088 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Surprise there hasn't been talk of Crusader Kings III around here. I spent an afternoon going over tutorials for CKII earlier this year and the number of systems going on quickly overwhelmed me.

I already spent the time to learn Path of Exile. I'm not spending the time to learn another hyper-complex game :lol:
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#1089 » by ACGB » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:49 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Surprise there hasn't been talk of Crusader Kings III around here. I spent an afternoon going over tutorials for CKII earlier this year and the number of systems going on quickly overwhelmed me.

I've got close to 200 hours in 2 and I'm excited to start playing 3 fresh from the beginning. The new UI seems to be a lot better.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1090 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 1, 2020 11:40 pm

New PoE league looks really cool but I have no idea how I will end up playing it. Granted, I always say that and somehow end up playing anyways, but I'm currently playing Wasteland 3, and upcoming: THPS Remake on Friday, Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning on Tuesday, BG3 EA end of September. Maybe late October or early November before Cyberpunk?

ETA: Also I just lerned that Chris Kluwe is a hardcore PoE player and created Poet's Pen. Below is Kluwe wearing a Tabula Rasa tshirt.

WRau1
RealGM

Post#1091 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 3:26 pm

I was bummed that you can't respec your dudes in Wasteland but you can just recreate them with the Squad Management option. My initial team was a brawler and snipper but I picked the wrong quirks, background and didn't value certain stats. You can just remove them from your team and recreate them.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1092 » by tydett » Wed Sep 2, 2020 9:33 pm

ACGB wrote:

I've got close to 200 hours in 2 and I'm excited to start playing 3 fresh from the beginning. The new UI seems to be a lot better.

I've got maybe 500 hours in 2 and don't see the point in upgrading to 3 as it stands. They'll release a **** ton of more DLC, so I'll grab it when it's $30 for the base game and DLC pack.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1093 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:58 pm

Just found another "glitch" while doing the red dye mission outside the Bizzarre. Once you complete the quest and the chick gives you the $109, you can keep talking to her and getting another $109 (over and over) as long as you don't exit the area.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1094 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:07 pm

THPS.

The verge:

For developers, revisiting a classic game has always been a tricky proposition.

Games tend to age poorly — whether it’s the graphics, controls, or subject matter — and so they’re regularly rereleased in an attempt to update them for modern tastes. It’s a tricky balancing act. Change too much, and the game loses what made it interesting in the first place. Change too little, and it will feel like a relic. Few games get it right. But Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 nails that balance: it might just be the perfect video game remaster.

Kotaku:

Let’s just get this out of the way: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 is a masterpiece. In perfectly mimicking the iconic skateboarding series’ first two outings, this remaster gives me everything I could ever want out of a game. I am dumbfounded by there somehow being something so good and pure in the world.

IGN:

How do you remake a game that’s spent two decades perched at the pinnacle of what this industry has to offer? I mean, the original Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 isn’t just considered as one of the greatest sports games ever made; it’s literally wedged amongst the top three highest-rated video games of all time on Metacritic. You’d probably be better off cutting your losses and photocopying the Mona Lisa at this point, right?

Well, no, because despite the high bar set by the originals, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 is an absolutely rip-roaring remake. Vicarious Visions has successfully brought Neversoft’s esteemed classics back to life, allowing old and new fans alike to experience these masterpieces through a modern lens while remaining entirely respectful to the moves, the maps, and the music that’s been seared into the brains of millions since the turn of the millennium.

I'm so happy.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1095 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 3, 2020 3:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I'm so happy.

Me too! I didn't pre-order because I was a little skeptical of how it would turn out. The reviews are blowing me away - it's better than I even hoped for, it sounds like. I have a four day weekend and will be playing this for pretty much the whole thing :D
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1096 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:07 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I'm so happy.

Me too! I didn't pre-order because I was a little skeptical of how it would turn out. The reviews are blowing me away - it's better than I even hoped for, it sounds like. I have a four day weekend and will be playing this for pretty much the whole thing :D

Between this and The Boys season 2, I ain't even mad about quarantining this holiday weekend.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1097 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 3, 2020 4:54 pm

Woah, apparently there was a Nintendo Direct this morning.

Super Mario 3D All Stars (SM64!!!, Sunshine, Galaxy) - Switch - September 18. LOL. Because I needed more games to play this month apparently.
Super Mario 3D World Plus (Remake with new content) - Switch - February 2021.
Super Mario 35 (It's like Tetris 100...but Mario) - Switch - October 1. Included with Nintendo Online subscription.

Then there was some VR-type game and a non-Switch, throwback handled release also.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1098 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:42 pm

Just pre-ordered from PSN so that I could play this evening when it unlocks at 9p EST :D You lucky bastards in CST get 8p. Global unlock times are wonderful.

Downloading the demo now to get accustomed to the controls and have some fun in the meantime.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1099 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 3, 2020 9:51 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Just pre-ordered from PSN so that I could play this evening when it unlocks at 9p EST :D You lucky bastards in CST get 8p. Global unlock times are wonderful.

Downloading the demo now to get accustomed to the controls and have some fun in the meantime.

Whoa I didn't know it would be playable tonight. Gonna pre-load now. Thanks!
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1100 » by glenn » Fri Sep 4, 2020 3:06 am

Oh man, Tony Hawk is great. I had no idea I would be able to play tonight and went straight for THPS2. The music is a trip. Love it.

Rodney Mullen!

:reporter:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks